X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 200 - End of Season

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
    Good morning from the camper in North Stonington, CT, I have no effing idea what this thread is about?
    Well, since no one else decided to be kind- A long time ago, far, far away RFAlph decided he wanted to see if it was possible to max out the Rep you recieve for comments (see User Settings for Rep). After some computer geekiness (that I do not understand) about code they calculated what max would be. Then they started a rep thread so everyone could start repping each other to see what would happen. People found out the rules for repping, had cycles, spread sheets, lists, and I can't remember how long it too but RFAlph maxed out. Then everyone kept going because we were all hanging out in the thread and got to know each other. Eventually we all hit max and hence the rep retirement Lodge (we also have a virtual golf course and country club). That was ?? yrs ago and here we still are. CLose to 200K posts later. RFAlph would know more of the specifics.

Good Evening Lodge!

Writing that sent me down memory lane. It still sounds silly to explain it but it was fun for some weird reason.

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
      Good morning from the camper in North Stonington, CT, I have no effing idea what this thread is about?
      At this point, in a nutshell, this has effectively replaced the TRP and HG-YBI threads.
      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
        At this point, in a nutshell, this has effectively replaced the TRP and HG-YBI threads.
        Pretty much. Many, many longtime posters have retired from the board. We're kind of the holdouts.

Supposed to be beautiful here on Sat and Sun, iffy on Monday. Tomorrow I have an annual bottle-share/grill-out for craft beer geeks. Hosted by a local, it's always a big to-do. Anywhere from 50-100 people will end up visiting and sharing stuff. People basically save certain bottles just for this share. There is no "I'll just stop by the store" type thing. We're talking thousands of dollars of beer will be consumed, and that's not referring to quantity. Lots of $50-$75 bottles (secondary value) cracked. Usually 2-3 $300~ bottles cracked.

2 years ago, the first 3 bottles we cracked were worth over $1000 total. That was a rarity, though. We just decided to start strong.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Good chance of T-storms here the next couple days. If we don't get a lightning bolt in the backside in the afternoon, I may get the clubs out tomorrow or Sunday and play 18. If I get a free dry morning, I might mow and start to build the fire pit back so that I can touch that off sometime this summer.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
            Well, since no one else decided to be kind- A long time ago, far, far away RFAlph decided he wanted to see if it was possible to max out the Rep you recieve for comments (see User Settings for Rep). After some computer geekiness (that I do not understand) about code they calculated what max would be. Then they started a rep thread so everyone could start repping each other to see what would happen. People found out the rules for repping, had cycles, spread sheets, lists, and I can't remember how long it too but RFAlph maxed out. Then everyone kept going because we were all hanging out in the thread and got to know each other. Eventually we all hit max and hence the rep retirement Lodge (we also have a virtual golf course and country club). That was ?? yrs ago and here we still are. CLose to 200K posts later. RFAlph would know more of the specifics.

Good Evening Lodge!

Writing that sent me down memory lane. It still sounds silly to explain it but it was fun for some weird reason.
            Believe it or not, it was in 2007. I maxed out on 9/7/07, and the others followed, soon thereafter. The max is 2^31 - 1 = 2,147,483,647.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              Believe it or not, it was in 2007. I maxed out on 9/7/07, and the others followed, soon thereafter. The max is 2^31 - 1 = 2,147,483,647.
              We've really been doing this for almost 12 years?!?

God, that was fun...

Comment

This weekend will be the final Rolling Thunder in DC. I am kind of going to miss all of the noise. https://wtop.com/memorial-day/2019/0...in-dc/slide/1/
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                  Quinnipiac Bobcats
                  2023 National Champions
                  ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                  ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                  East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                  Northeast Regional:
                  West Regional: 2015, 2021
                  Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                  Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good Afternoon Lodge!

I remember paying 1L in Scotland to get on the internets to see who scored a goal. That is a long time. Lil was actually lil then

Comment

Evening, Lodge. Super fun day at the bottle share/grillout. Perfect weather, good turnout. Nice start to the weekend.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

s'upp y'all.

mookie reads the hi's will top 110 all week. could be the case now until november
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Evening/Morning tLodge. Just got home from working the Alaska State High School Soccer Championships. Got to referee the Division II Boys Final. Crazy game, team tied it up with a goal in stoppage time by the goalkeeper (link), two more goals in OT, and finally a sudden death OT winner.
                            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Good Morning, Lodge!

Been a long time. Seasonal night job started and completed and I have been busy trying to crochet a blanket for hubby's cousin's daughter birthday. The ones were at the BBBQ last weekend know the story. Too long to post.
                              Originally posted by Skeeterman
                              Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                              "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

I'm glad I hit the course yesterday. It is absolutely POURING today. It's a bit dark today, too. The kind of day where I'm not sure I'm going to leave the house.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                                X