This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 200 - End of Season

Sleep apnea sucks, but so does using a CPAP. If you end up having a sleep test done, and they don't find any oxygen level issues in your blood, see if you can find another solution than a CPAP. It took me a long time to get used to using it, even had to change from sleeping on my sides and stomach to always being on my back. And the tubes providing the air pressure will sometimes be tangled in something, or caught between the bed and the wall or headboard.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      Not if you’re on a high deductible plan with an HSA.

I have six-month med checks and have been doing that since fourth grade. I like them and think they’re a good idea. You need to be sure the meds are still effective and there aren’t any side effects or changes in your health. Plus, there may be new developments or warnings.

I also like them because it gives me a chance to get in and ask other questions as well. Ours is more like a 15-20 minute conversation. I’m going to ask for an apnea test this time. I blew through my deductible in February so everything is 80% off now.
      Exactly. I see the doctor maybe 1 time per year. Last year was more, due to getting an ear infection and needing antibiotics, then slicing open my hand with a piece of rusty garden equipment, and again needing antibiotics. But, usually I'm good for 0-1 trips a year. If I can pay for those with tax free HSA money, and maintain a cheap premium, I have no problem with $150 per trip in.

Of course, this has changed now that the baby is on my insurance. Still have a high deductible HSA plan though. But I increased my HSA contributions. Not worried though, I have built up 3x my out of pocket maximum in my HSA.

I have good insurance. My parents have awful insurance. They have 1 option, all of the others choices went away a few years ago. $3000/month premium. $20,000 deductible, $50,000 out of pocket maximum. Just another way agriculture gets screwed.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
        I also don't pay one cent for Stelera, which is $3000/shot, 4 times a year. And Urgent Care (the 2-3 times I've had to use that?): $25.
        That is stupid. It encourages you to not get care if it is cheaper to wait until it is urgent rather than follow up or check in.

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        Coverage. Terrible coverage.

Nothing is “insurance”

And dr can bite it when they schedule twentyteen people at the same time. My appointment is for 2p, and it is 205, .....gone.
        If you want Burger King then that is realistic. Otherwise BS. We had one Provider who was always on time in each of the practices I worked at. They both sucked. They were on time but did an awful job because hey, you know, if you don't ask questions and you blow people off then you can be on time. Otherwise there is no way in hell you will be on time, all the time. When things got bad enough they would see one of the other providers who would have to fix the train wreck and spend waaaaay more time than the appt to work out all the mess that had been ignored when they were seen for their 15 min. They don't reimburse primary care enough to be able to decrease the amt of people needing to be seen and half the time the insurance requires you to fill in so many blanks the time is up before the pt gets to talk about what they want.Had more than one conversation with the pt complaining I was behind. Told them they could chose- me doing a good job which sometimes meant I was behind or I would refer them to another practice and they could take their chances. No one ever left because then they would say 'but no one will spend the time with me like you'. (and the time turners in Harry Potter are not for sale.) I. do. not. miss. that. at. all.

And stop and think for just one minute- why are we such a great country that people can have such disparate levels of care for disparate levels of billing? That is just plain ef fed up. People shouldn't need to have conversations comparing about paying ridiculous amts of money to take care of their health. And when they can't afford it we spend ridiculous amts of $ when they need more care because they waited....

Comment

s'upp y'all

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
          If you want Burger King then that is realistic. Otherwise BS. We had one Provider who was always on time in each of the practices I worked at. They both sucked. They were on time but did an awful job because hey, you know, if you don't ask questions and you blow people off then you can be on time. Otherwise there is no way in hell you will be on time, all the time. When things got bad enough they would see one of the other providers who would have to fix the train wreck and spend waaaaay more time than the appt to work out all the mess that had been ignored when they were seen for their 15 min. They don't reimburse primary care enough to be able to decrease the amt of people needing to be seen and half the time the insurance requires you to fill in so many blanks the time is up before the pt gets to talk about what they want.Had more than one conversation with the pt complaining I was behind. Told them they could chose- me doing a good job which sometimes meant I was behind or I would refer them to another practice and they could take their chances. No one ever left because then they would say 'but no one will spend the time with me like you'. (and the time turners in Harry Potter are not for sale.) I. do. not. miss. that. at. all.

And stop and think for just one minute- why are we such a great country that people can have such disparate levels of care for disparate levels of billing? That is just plain ef fed up. People shouldn't need to have conversations comparing about paying ridiculous amts of money to take care of their health. And when they can't afford it we spend ridiculous amts of $ when they need more care because they waited....
          if you want to be professional, be on time.

perhaps the "if you want something else it must be cheaper" attitude is part of it

didn't mookie read usa doctors make 6x denmark or finland of some place with great medicine?!? taking away the overbooking my be a step in that direction
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
            Quinnipiac Bobcats
            2023 National Champions
            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
            ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
            East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
            Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
            Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
            Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Morning, Lodge!

Just got back from Rochester, and a brewery release down there, which started at 9am this morning. I was 18th in line at 2pm yesterday. Given the line this morning, which was 4-5 blocks long...some people were not going to get their bottles. That would have sucked, to spend all night and get nothing.

And it's Derby Day!
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

May the 4th be with you!

Someone had to say it...
                  Quinnipiac Bobcats
                  2023 National Champions
                  ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                  ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                  East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                  Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                  Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                  Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                    Morning, Lodge!

Just got back from Rochester, and a brewery release down there, which started at 9am this morning. I was 18th in line at 2pm yesterday. Given the line this morning, which was 4-5 blocks long...some people were not going to get their bottles. That would have sucked, to spend all night and get nothing.

And it's Derby Day!
                    When will Minnesotans learn that we easterners think NY when Rochester is mentioned. (I also think that I followed the Austin Bruins for a year before I realized that they were not in Texas. )

BTW, besides for being Derby Day, it's the Running of the Chihuahuas here in DC. https://www.wharfdc.com/upcoming-eve...he-chihuahuas/ It's only a few blocks from where I live, but I will pass again.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      When will Minnesotans learn that we easterners think NY when Rochester is mentioned. (I also think that I followed the Austin Bruins for a year before I realized that they were not in Texas. )

BTW, besides for being Derby Day, it's the Running of the Chihuahuas here in DC. https://www.wharfdc.com/upcoming-eve...he-chihuahuas/ It's only a few blocks from where I live, but I will pass again.
                      I was about 18 when I realized that sometimes, when people refer to "The Sox," they are referring to a team that plays in Maine or Massachusetts or somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by duper View Post
                        I was about 18 when I realized that sometimes, when people refer to "The Sox," they are referring to a team that plays in Maine or Massachusetts or somewhere.
                        Someone from out of state: Where you from?
                        Me: The Cities. Oh, crap, my bad. The Twin Cities.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

s'upp y'all

Comment

Morning Lodge!

Not a good morning because it is raining and will all day.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by duper View Post
                              Isn't Maine part of Massachusetts?

(No, I am not that old.)
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                                Isn't Maine part of Massachusetts?

(No, I am not that old.)
                                close

Comment

Working...
                                X