Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dead Thread 2019-???: Yep, They're Still Dead.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Is that you, Ghost of Old Pio?
    I like Kep. I have a world of respect for his intelligence. But it was a BS move to go after a poster who offended his feelies, and one who many claim to have on ignore. I have no time for people who try to restrict freedom of expression.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Re: Dead Thread 2019-???: Yep, They're Still Dead.

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
      I like Kep. I have a world of respect for his intelligence. But it was a BS move to go after a poster who offended his feelies, and one who many claim to have on ignore. I have no time for people who try to restrict freedom of expression.
      Don't dump all your ire on Kep, he wasn't the only poster who reported Frauddy over the years. You can whimper about "freedom of expression!" all you want, but Flag devolved into a pure troll account (at least on this side of the boards), and got what he deserved after many, many passes here. A majority of message boards on the Internet would've axed him years ago, regardless of his contributions on the D1 side.
      Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 05-10-2019, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Don't dump all your ire on Kep, he wasn't the only poster who reported Frauddy over the years. You can whimper about "freedom of expression!" all you want, but Flag devolved into a pure troll account (at least on this side of the boards), and got what he deserved after many, many passes here. A majority of message boards on the Internet would've axed him years ago.
        A majority of message boards would’ve axed a lot of us.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
          A majority of message boards would’ve axed a lot of us.
          I respectfully disagree with that statement.

Comment

Don't dump all your ire on Kep, he wasn't the only poster who reported Frauddy over the years. You can whimper about "freedom of expression!" all you want, but Flag devolved into a pure troll account (at least on this side of the boards), and got what he deserved after many, many passes here. A majority of message boards on the Internet would've axed him years ago, regardless of his contributions on the D1 side.
            Ignore him, either using the function or as I do, by choice.
            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              I had been reporting him as a troll once in a while. Ignore is of no use because people kept quoting him, or even responding to him. FTR, I don't ignore anyone because of this.

And freedom of expression is meaningless on a forum where you agree to their rules, which includes not trolling.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                I had been reporting him as a troll once in a while. Ignore is of no use because people kept quoting him, or even responding to him. FTR, I don't ignore anyone because of this.

And freedom of expression is meaningless on a forum where you agree to their rules, which includes not trolling.
                Freedom of expression is meaningless when you ban trolling

Comment

Again, this is a board with rules set, and by joining, you VOLUNTEER to abide by said rules. As the owner of Gopher Puck Live has said many times, if you don't like it, get your own board."

Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

There comes a point where freedom of expression, while guaranteed in this country, crosses the line on privately-held communication mediums. As far as we know, no one is stopping the Flagster from continuing to post his drivel on Twitter, 4chan, Reddit, etc.

It's obvious we won't agree on this, so let's just move on to my next point. I really have to question you holding Kep's supposed intelligence in such high regard.

Comment

Won’t somebody PLEASE think of the bigots!?!!?
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Both sides!!

I had him on ignore and rolled by those that quoted him often enough.

That said I saw enough of his vile tripe ro understand he violated forum rules and participation here is not protected.

Comment

Besides, I'm pretty sure he's just off in the forests of Albania biding his time until he can come back.

The freedom of expression thing honestly doesn't hold much water. If someone is intentionally being a bag of richards on a regular basis, I see no reason why others should have to bother with ignoring that person. He expressed himself freely, and he is now free to accept the consequences of his choices, which consequences, I might join Rube in reminding, he agreed to be bound by.

Comment

I’m not questioning the authority of the Board to bounce him. As noted, your forum, your rules, your call. I just called out Kep for crying to the Board about him and lobbying to get him bounced.

Comment

I’m not questioning the authority of the Board to bounce him. As noted, your forum, your rules, your call. I just called out Kep for crying to the Board about him and lobbying to get him bounced.
                              Your objection has been noted and logged.

This comes down to you, after careful assessment, concluding that other people's pain isn't a big deal to you. I concluded otherwise. I submitted my opinion to Board and suggested others do likewise. All very democratic. Board didn't have to go my way; I had the odds at about 50/50.

You lost a hearing. If you had made a better argument on behalf of bigotry perhaps you would have won it. There are arguments to be made; I've made them myself and I balanced them when considering my opinion -- try here for a start.

What should ye do then, should ye suppress all this flowery crop of knowledge and new light sprung up and yet springing daily in this city? Should ye set an oligarchy of twenty engrossers over it, to bring a famine upon our minds again, when we shall know nothing but what is measured to us by their bushel? Believe it, lords and commons! they who counsel ye to such a suppressing, do as good as bid ye suppress yourselves; and I will soon show how. If it be desired to know the immediate cause of all this free writing and free speaking, there cannot be assigned a truer than your own mild, and free, and humane government; it is the liberty, lords and commons, which your own valorous and happy counsels have purchased us; liberty which is the nurse of all great wits: this is that which hath rarified and enlightened our spirits like the influence of heaven; this is that which hath enfranchised, enlarged, and lifted up our apprehensions degrees above themselves. Ye cannot make us now less capable, less knowing, less eagerly pursuing of the truth, unless ye first make yourselves, that made us so, less the lovers, less the founders of our true liberty. We can grow ignorant again, brutish, formal, and slavish, as ye found us; but you then must first become that which ye cannot be, oppressive, arbitrary, and tyrannous, as they were from whom ye have freed us. That our hearts are now more capacious, our thoughts more erected to the search and expectation of greatest and exactest things, is the issue of your own virtue propagated in us; ye cannot suppress that, unless ye reinforce an abrogated and merciless law, that fathers may dispatch at will their own children. And who shall then stick closest to ye and excite others? Not he who takes up arms for coat and conduct, and his four nobles of Danegelt. Although I dispraise not the defence of just immunities, yet love my peace better, if that were all. Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.
                              tl; dr: Make better arguments or stop whining.
                              Last edited by Kepler; 05-11-2019, 08:22 AM.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                Your objection has been noted and logged.

This comes down to you, after careful assessment, concluding that other people's pain isn't a big deal to you. I concluded otherwise. I submitted my opinion to Board and suggested others do likewise. All very democratic. Board didn't have to go my way; I had the odds at about 50/50.

You lost a hearing. If you had made a better argument on behalf of bigotry perhaps you would have won it. There are arguments to be made; I've made them myself and I balanced them when considering my opinion -- try here for a start.

tl; dr: Make better arguments or stop whining.
                                Or, you could just sack up.

Comment

Working...
                                X