Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dead Thread 2019-???: Yep, They're Still Dead.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Dead Thread 2019-???: Yep, They're Still Dead.

These guys don't even mention ours since it was two weeks ago.

BTW, in the follow up to ours, the president suspended frat and sorority mixers indefinitely. The Greeks are wailing like Daddy changed the will.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      BTW, in the follow up to ours, the president suspended frat and sorority mixers indefinitely.
      As someone who's house had a Certificate of Compliance for like 3 months of my multiple years there, ooh yeah that will really stop stuff.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Fred Cox, 80.

All those old jokes about how Freddie tried to kick the bucket and missed will have to die with him. Jokes of affection, though. I don't recall Vikes fans hating on Fred Cox.
        Last edited by burd; 11-22-2019, 06:28 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
          Fred Cox, 80.

All those old jokes about how Freddie tried to kick the bucket and missed will have to die with him. Jokes of affection, though. I don't recall Vikes fans hating on Fred Cox.
          Western Pa's own
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
            Fred Cox, 80.

I was 10 when he retired so I was old enough to recognize his play for at least a few years. My dad took me to quite a few games at The Met during that era and I think he was mostly in their favor. He retired with a FG% of 62% which sounds brutal, but when he led the league at 70% in 1969 the NFL average that year was 52.7%!

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
              Fred Cox, 80.

Invented the Nerf football as well.
              Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                I was 10 when he retired so I was old enough to recognize his play for at least a few years. My dad took me to quite a few games at The Met during that era and I think he was mostly in their favor. He retired with a FG% of 62% which sounds brutal, but when he led the league at 70% in 1969 the NFL average that year was 52.7%!
                Straight on kickers.... mark Mosley was the last of that lot
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Michael J. Pollard.

https://variety.com/2019/film/obitua...es-1203413369/
                  A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Lewis the koala... the one the woman wrapped her own shirt around to save.
                    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                    Patreon for exclusive writing content
                    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      These guys don't even mention ours since it was two weeks ago.

BTW, in the follow up to ours, the president suspended frat and sorority mixers indefinitely. The Greeks are wailing like Daddy changed the will.
                      SCSU had one fraternity and one professional organization associated with a Greek org, but that was it. The school had long ago done away with those sorts of things. SCSU has a long history of coming down hard on students when things get out of hand for even just a single event. The Homecoming Riot of 1988 led to a very harsh crackdown on alcohol on campus, and Homecoming often has only one major sports team's game at home that weekend now.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Seymour Siwoff, 99.

The man who effectively started Elias Sports Bureau. Honestly, I thought he died a long time ago.
                        FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                          Seymour Siwoff, 99.

The man who effectively started Elias Sports Bureau. Honestly, I thought he died a long time ago.
                          God bless him and Bill James for making adolescence tolerable.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Paralympian Marieke Vervoot. By doctor assisted euthanasia.

What a heartbreaking story. May she be finally at peace.
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Caroll Spinney, 85, portrayer of Big Bird and Oscar the Grouch
                              Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Rene Auberjonois

Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X