Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dead Thread 2019-???: Yep, They're Still Dead.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
    I'm gonna guess drugs.
    From reports it may be a suicide.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Re: Dead Thread 2019-???: Yep, They're Still Dead.

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
      From reports it may be a suicide.
      Oof. She went to the same HS as my first serious GF. Not quite the same graduation year, though.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Herman Wouk.

https://www.npr.org/2019/05/17/46879...on-dies-at-103
        A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
          There goes the ice cream and strawberries ration!

If you've never read "City Boy", put it on your list.

---

Two centerians gone. Miss DeHaviland should worry??
          Last edited by joecct; 05-17-2019, 09:33 PM.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

F1 legend, aviation entrepreneur, and all-around badass Niki Lauda, 70.
            Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Bart Starr, 85
              FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                Bart Starr, 85
                Just about to post this.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                  Bart Starr, 85
                  The Tom Brady of his era.

Or is it the other way around?
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    The Tom Brady of his era.

Or is it the other way around?
                    Starr won 5 NFL Championships (roughly the equivalent of a modern conference title) and 2 Super Bowls, as well as 1 MVP.

Brady has 9 AFC Championships and 6 Super Bowls, as well as 3 MVPs.

Starr was certainly great, but I would put him in the ranks with Joe Montana or Terry Bradshaw...one of the greatest, but not the greatest. What Brady is doing is otherworldly.
                    North Dakota
                    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                      Starr won 5 NFL Championships (roughly the equivalent of a modern conference title) and 2 Super Bowls, as well as 1 MVP.

Starr was certainly great, but I would put him in the ranks with Joe Montana or Terry Bradshaw...one of the greatest, but not the greatest. What Brady is doing is otherworldly.
                      I say let the wives be tiebreakers.

Comment

Less teams, so talent not watered down.
                        Also, QBs back then could be bodyslammed onto a bed of nails and a flag MIGHT have been thrown. You basically had to prison rape them to draw a flag.

Not taking anything away from Brady, but Starr's accomplishments are right up there in the discussion as GOAT.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Also, QBs back then could be bodyslammed onto a bed of nails and a flag MIGHT have been thrown. You basically had to prison rape them to draw a flag.

Not taking anything away from Brady, but Starr's accomplishments are right up there in the discussion as GOAT.
                          Do you really believe that Starr played against more talented teams? Although if you want to go down that route (you don't) Starr probably had more hall of famers on his team than any of the great QBs.
                          North Dakota

Comment

Do you really believe that Starr played against more talented teams? Although if you want to go down that route (you don't) Starr probably had more hall of famers on his team than any of the great QBs.
                            I don't think he is GOAT, but he can't be dismissed so easily. That was my point.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post

Those Michigan players that won 6 banners in the first nine years must have been fantastic, because the talent was sure not watered down.

Comment

I don't think he is GOAT, but he can't be dismissed so easily. That was my point.
                                I called him one of the greatest. Nobody was dismissing him.
                                North Dakota

Comment

Working...
                                X