Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Playoff Scoreboard

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    Syracuse is enjoying a good second period and has turned a 1-1 tie into a 5-1 lead over Robert Morris o.O
    So now we get to start fretting about whether the NCAA would send the #28th ranked team somewhere other than the #1 seed, because of "travel" (which would just be SO very wrong).

Comment

So a team that is 13-21-3 has made the tournament...That may not be the only surprise we see this weekend.

They did score two goals against Wisconsin in their earlier series...
      Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 03-08-2019, 05:50 PM.
      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post

They did score two goals against Wisconsin in their earlier series...
        One of them against one of the backup goalies (Breanna Blesi).

Comment

So a team that is 13-21-3 has made the tournament...That may not be the only surprise we see this weekend.

Are you thinkin BC in or out?
          And remember that Flanagan needs to go at the cuse after the season ends.
          Last edited by vicb; 03-08-2019, 06:15 PM.
          Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
          And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
          WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
          If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

So a team that is 13-21-3 has made the tournament...
            Including a non-conference record (unless I missed something) of 0-13-1 (!!)

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
              Close to that of BC men!
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
                Are you thinkin BC in or out?
                Considering that I should avoid thinking...I get the feeling that bc wins their conference tournament, so in. What I don't know is if that feeling is coming from some bad garlic shrimp I ate for dinner?

Oh and I should ask you if the 3 yups you posted in the bc thread represent Clarkson's 3 national titles?
                Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 03-08-2019, 07:29 PM.
                At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Oh and I should ask you if the 3 yups you posted in the bc thread represent Clarkson's 3 national titles?
                  Yup Yup Yup Yup
                  Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                  And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                  WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                  If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

So now we get to start fretting about whether the NCAA would send the #28th ranked team somewhere other than the #1 seed, because of "travel" (which would just be SO very wrong).
                    Haha I don't think we have to worry about this this year. Worst case I can see is if, like, Duluth makes the tournament and Minnesota wins the WCHA, they would send Duluth to #1 Minnesota and Syracuse to #2 Wisconsin. But outside of that, the two eastern teams in 3rd and 4th are going to have two eastern teams to pair up with somewhere from 5 through 7, so there won't be a travel benefit to keeping Cuse out east.
                    Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    Close to that of BC men!
                    TOO LATE I already made this self-own of a joke on Twitter
                    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

They are one weak team. When's the last time they won a game out of conference?

Hate to say it but a CHA team getting an auto-bit really dampens the integrity of the game.

From a Minnesota/Wisconsin standpoint, one can punch a ticket to frozen 4. Makes winning the WCHA that much more important.

Comment

Haha I don't think we have to worry about this this year. Worst case I can see is if, like, Duluth makes the tournament and Minnesota wins the WCHA, they would send Duluth to #1 Minnesota and Syracuse to #2 Wisconsin.
                        Duluth is also "driving distance" to Madison (though certainly farther than to Minneapolis), so in that case Wisconsin would likely host Duluth.

Comment

Duluth is also "driving distance" to Madison (though certainly farther than to Minneapolis), so in that case Wisconsin would likely host Duluth.
                          You are correct! I forget what rando WCHA team I was thinking of that was driving distance to UM but not UW (or maybe I made that up in my head!). But yeah doesn't matter in this case so nevermind lol

Comment

Also I put "Duluth makes the tournament and Minnesota wins the WCHA" but just meant that Minnesota finished above Wisconsin obviously. I'm a mess, guys. lol

Comment

You are correct! I forget what rando WCHA team I was thinking of that was driving distance to UM but not UW (or maybe I made that up in my head!). But yeah doesn't matter in this case so nevermind lol
                              Maybe Bemidji. North Dakota would certainly have fit that description

--------------

So, does actual proximity ever 'win' over bracket integrity? For instance, will Northeastern get BC or BU in the NCAAs more-or-less regardless of seeding position? Because Syracuse to Ithaca, for example. is a pretty short drive...

Comment

So, does actual proximity ever 'win' over bracket integrity? For instance, will Northeastern get BC or BU in the NCAAs more-or-less regardless of seeding position? Because Syracuse to Ithaca, for example. is a pretty short drive...
                                It did a few years ago when the committee sent NU to BC instead of Princeton. But it's a different committee, different committee chair, and different NCAA oversight person. So who knows. If anything, BC to NU would be in play if 5 and 6 are close (which they probably will be), but even that doesn't mean much if the committee doesn't want to do that.

There's *no* chance that Cuse is going to Clarkson though. Even a few years ago it was done by justifying that Princeton was better than NU, not because of money (even if that was the case). There's 0 chance the committee would send the 8 to the 4 when it's the same number of flights to just send them west and send BC or Cornell to southern Canada.

Comment

Working...
                                X