X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet: Screw It, I'm Outta Here

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Well I meant the LGBs socialized with the Ts. Maybe I wasnt paying enough attention.
    That's good. Hope to see more of it.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      Except I didnt tell a victimized person to calm down...I told the LEFT to calm down. Last I checked Kepler you arent Trans. You are a privileged white male like the rest of us. Sorry but you are no more right to speak for people than anyone else.

Your White Guilt has been logged and noted
      Retreat and declare victory! You have learned well from Dump, Grasshopper.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
        Let me explain here. You don't get to decide whether something you said is homophobic or transphobic or whatever. It's on me (or another trans person you might be talking to) to determine that, and you don't have a say. EVER.

Or to put it another way: you don't get to decide if something you said hurt me or not.
        I suggest you go back and read my post. I didn’t claim the right to decide. That would be subjective, which I specifically argued against. I believe it has to be judged against a reasonable person standard.
        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          Retreat and declare victory! You have learned well from Dump, Grasshopper.
          Uh huh...methinks the Dump Deflection Award goes to you
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
            I suggest you go back and read my post. I didn’t claim the right to decide. That would be subjective, which I specifically argued against. I believe it has to be judged against a reasonable person standard.
            You wouldn't making the comment against generic X person. What I'm saying is the minority group gets to decide if it's offensive or not. That's the only standard that matters.
            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
            Patreon for exclusive writing content
            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

You wouldn't making the comment against generic X person. What I'm saying is the minority group gets to decide if it's offensive or not. That's the only standard that matters.
              When you say “minority group” that’s different than the individual. A reasonable person standard typically asks the question what would a similarly situated person do or think in the same instance, not what did you think or do.
              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                Warroad HS Boys team beat the US Women's Ice Hockey team in their prep-games for the last winter Olyimpics.
                I’m not disagreeing with the testosterone comments here but I have a question. I think the warroad boys team is a good example- talented high school boys who can beat the most talented women in the world.
                A week or so ago on here we talked about the men who said they could take a game or whatever from Serena. A lot of men agreed that’s not too likely, or that they would win some based on unforced errors, faulting, etc.
                is Serena different because she’s such a beast and so strong, or do people think a male high school player could beat Serena? I’m honestly curious.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                  I’m not disagreeing with the testosterone comments here but I have a question. I think the warroad boys team is a good example- talented high school boys who can beat the most talented women in the world.
                  A week or so ago on here we talked about the men who said they could take a game or whatever from Serena. A lot of men agreed that’s not too likely, or that they would win some based on unforced errors, faulting, etc.
                  is Serena different because she’s such a beast and so strong, or do people think a male high school player could beat Serena? I’m honestly curious.
                  Team sports are a bit different. Also, said sport is different. The UTenn women regularly practiced against the UTenn Men JV/backup Squad (if that's the proper term) and beat them. One-on-one sport would vary.

And yes, part of it is Serena is a friggin' beast.

IIRC, Jennie Finch (ASU softball) baffled MLB players, one on one, just to hit a pitch of hers.

Edit: Yep. Finch vs Pujols: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gm9iZnqGMvY
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                    One friend played a dude in the WI HS state tournament, who later went on to beat Nadal in a major a couple years ago. So that guy probably could’ve. There are some higher end HS players who play year round and had tennis tutors since they were in diapers that maybe could or it’d be close at least. I would guess the top players in certain states could pull it off.
                    Last edited by trixR4kids; 07-22-2019, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                      One friend played a dude in the WI HS state tournament, who later went on to beat Nadal in a major a couple years ago. So that guy probably could’ve. There are some higher end HS players who play year round and had tennis tutors since they were in diapers that maybe could or it’d be close at least. I would guess the top players in certain states could pull it off.
                      I would say, in the sport of tennis, it'd be a lucky shot. Not a 1-In-A-Million, but lucky.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                        Who is this person? I played HS tennis in WI, know a fair bit about the scene, and the only one I know of who had near this success was https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Smyczek.

And he never beat Nadal. He lost to Nadal in a close match as a huge underdog. It took him 8-9 years out of high school to get to his highest ATP ranking which was in the 60s.
                        In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
                        I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                          There is a ton of variance in the sports in question. You can place men and women on fairly equal ground for sports where muscle control > muscle strength. Example would be shooting sports (Archery, rifle, etc.). The more physicality the sport contains, however, women fall further back.

Not to say that the top female athletes aren't better than a large portion of the male population. Serena is a great example where she is better than most men on the planet. But the odds quickly fall off when you move from amateurs to pros. Golf would be another example. Top female pro golfers can beat most amateurs out there fairly easily. But compared to male pro counterparts, they are hitting the ball 30-50 yards less and that is costing them 3-5 strokes per round easily on a course set up for the Men's tour.

Again, my stance is taken with the intent that it's applied to the best of the best athletes for a given sport. For Olympic sports, thats the top 1500-2000 or so out of the 7+ billion people on this planet. Also something to consider: Why is this issue always with a Male to Female athlete and not a Female to Male athlete? Among transgender individuals I would have to believe that the numbers between them are fairly equal. Yet it seems to only be a one-way street at the moment for athletes trying to make a path for themselves. Why is that?
                          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by WisconsinWildcard View Post
                            Who is this person? I played HS tennis in WI, know a fair bit about the scene, and the only one I know of who had near this success was https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Smyczek.

And he never beat Nadal. He lost to Nadal in a close match as a huge underdog. It took him 8-9 years out of high school to get to his highest ATP ranking which was in the 60s.
                            My bad, I thought he beat Nadal but he took him to 5 sets and lost. But yeah he's the guy.

Comment

Let me explain here. You don't get to decide whether something you said is homophobic or transphobic or whatever. It's on me (or another trans person you might be talking to) to determine that, and you don't have a say. EVER.

Or to put it another way: you don't get to decide if something you said hurt me or not.
                              A person is responsible for their own happiness.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                A person is responsible for their own happiness.
                                joe's got a point, Miss Thundercat. If he and his self-righteous mob are bigoted sh-ts to you that's your problem. You didn't have to consider your dignity important. You didn't have to feel worried about your physical safety in the presence of people who are vocally and violently opposed to your very essence.

joe in 1935: "The Jews really have only themselves to blame. Nobody made them be Jews, and besides, it's up to them whether politics makes them unhappy. I don't see how the Nazis are responsible at all if they feel anxiety."
                                Last edited by Kepler; 07-23-2019, 09:09 AM.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X