This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
    They don't have the overall rep of a rapey city, so no. St Cloud, again for DECADES, has been known as a racist city overall. Does that mean EVERYONE is racist? No. Not even close. But a majority are.
    You know this how?
    I'm sorry...you can't know that...and the rep is more because of the vocal morons like the ones written about..
    It in no way makes them the majority...you're still generalizing.
    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Re: Nice Planet: Screw It, I'm Outta Here

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
      You know this how?
      I'm sorry...you can't know that...and the rep is more because of the vocal morons like the ones written about..
      It in no way makes them the majority.
      I know that from the years that I've gone up there, have had many friends attending school there, lived there, etc etc. This isn't including the news stories that have happened.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I know that from the years that I've gone up there, have had many friends attending school there, lived there, etc etc. This isn't including the news stories that have happened.
        So no facts...stories and generalizations...
        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
        Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

So no facts...stories and generalizations...
          And seeing it firsthand (read: the part of the years I've gone up there). I know you're gonna stick your ground, no matter what, so I'm done here.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

And seeing it firsthand (read: the part of the years I've gone up there). I know you're gonna stick your ground, no matter what, so I'm done here.
            Yeah I'm gonna stick to it...cause again...i actually live here currently.
            But again...you will generalize...while claiming you aren't.
            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
            Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              If you're not in St. Cloud because of one of the universities in the area, there's a better than 85% chance that you're racist. If you're there for one of the universities, I'd say it's a still a non-zero chance but wouldn't bet on the exact percentage.
              This could be one of the stupidest things ever typed. And Trump is on Twitter.
              St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

“Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                  https://media.giphy.com/media/rVbAzUUSUC6dO/giphy.gif

Comment

So much for being "done here" eh Rube?
                    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                    Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

So much for being "done here" eh Rube?
                      I cannot leave that gif without comment. Top ten gif ever.

Comment

I cannot leave that gif without comment. Top ten gif ever.
                        Fair enough.
                        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                        Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

What would it take for you guys to admit that St. Cloud is more racist on average (accounting for population) than say the metro area? There’s plenty of evidence to suggest there’s institutional racism in the schools at the very least. I don’t know the numbers for sure but I’m willing to bet there’s more hate crimes per the population than in the metro area over the past couple decades or so.

Comment

• Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                            What would it take for you guys to admit that St. Cloud is more racist on average (accounting for population) than say the metro area? There’s plenty of evidence to suggest there’s institutional racism in the schools at the very least. I don’t know the numbers for sure but I’m willing to bet there’s more hate crimes per the population than in the metro area over the past couple decades or so.
                            Facts...meaning actual proof...not just stories or anecdotes.
                            And even if it is more than the metro...that still does not prove the majority is racist.
                            Again...the generalizations are my issue.
                            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                            Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                              He’s a professor, presumably if nothing else he has decent healthcare. And maybe a four leaf clover.
                              And I thought all profs were raging Marxist libs.

There we go, generalizing again.

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                                Facts...meaning actual proof...not just stories or anecdotes.
                                And even if it is more than the metro...that still does not prove the majority is racist.
                                Again...the generalizations are my issue.
                                What do you suggest? A poll?

"Excuse me, sir, are you racist?"

Huh...100% of respondents said they weren't racist. Guess that settles it.

Comment

Working...
                                X