This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet: Screw It, I'm Outta Here

Dude you clowns can kiss my butt. This isn't just a St. Cloud problem...this is an EVERYWHERE problem. Using this as a reason to poke fun at us is disgusting.
    St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
      Dude you clowns can kiss my butt. This isn't just a St. Cloud problem...this is an EVERYWHERE problem. Using this as a reason to poke fun at us is disgusting.
      Trouble is, in St Cloud it's been like this for DECADES. I first heard "White Cloud" when *I* was in college, and it was an established nickname back then.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
        Like Muslims, or gun owners, or.....

I can say for sure that Sartell is all sort of backwoods (for the non-MN, a next-door suburb of St Cloud). St Cloud is pretty bad, though.
        And again...maybe it is...but I live here...and it sure doesn't look as bad as anywhere else I've lived.
        But it also shouldn't come as a shock that people who did not grow up around or with people of color may end up with moron attitudes about them.
        My issue is the generalizations of the town as the problem.
        It's not the city...it's the sick morons spouting hatred...
        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Trouble is, in St Cloud it's been like this for DECADES. I first heard "White Cloud" when *I* was in college, and it was an established nickname back then.
          So?
          Yeah there were swastikas spray painted in bathrooms here almost 20 years ago.
          You think nothing has changed?
          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
          Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
            And again...maybe it is...but I live here...and it sure doesn't look as bad as anywhere else I've lived.
            But it also shouldn't come as a shock that people who did not grow up around or with people of color may end up with moron attitudes about them.
            My issue is the generalizations of the town as the problem.
            It's not the city...it's the sick morons spouting hatred...
            Who live in that city. Hey, Alabama isn't racist or anti abortion. It's just the people who live there. Honestly, take a step back and listen to what you're saying.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Who live in that city. Hey, Alabama isn't racist or anti abortion. It's just the people who live there. Honestly, take a step back and listen to what you're saying.
              I know what I'm saying. But fine...paint us all the same...you do anyway
              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
              Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

I know what I'm saying. But fine...paint us all the same...you do anyway
                No, not really. I know you aren't racist. I know your wife (wink) isn't racist. However, there are a LOT of openly vocal racists in St Cloud.

Comment

No, not really. I know you aren't racist. I know your wife (wink) isn't racist. However, there are a LOT of openly vocal racists in St Cloud.
                  Again...my issue is the sweeping generalizations used about us because of the sick hatred of morons.
                  The city IS getting better...you dont live here to see it.
                  The people in that article have issues...big ones...generalizing them to attitudes of the whole area is a problem....and yes you are doing it.
                  -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                  Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Again...my issue is the sweeping generalizations used about us because of the sick hatred of morons.
                    The city IS getting better...you dont live here to see it.
                    The people in that article have issues...big ones...generalizing them to attitudes of the whole area is a problem....and yes you are doing it.
                    So, not all people in Edina eat cake?

Comment

So, not all people in Edina eat cake?
                      My guess is no...nice soft example though.
                      But don't think we aren't going to lash out when called racists as a collective.
                      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                      Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

So everyone who lives in Dinkytown is a rapist?
                        St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                          So everyone who lives in Dinkytown is a rapist?
                          They don't have the overall rep of a rapey city, so no. St Cloud, again for DECADES, has been known as a racist city overall. Does that mean EVERYONE is racist? No. Not even close. But a majority are.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            And somehow he's not dead yet. He doesn't strike me as a guy who's ordering the salad, either. The constant adrenaline triggered by his fear of the Muzzies must keep his heart going.
                            He’s a professor, presumably if nothing else he has decent healthcare. And maybe a four leaf clover.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                              You’re not wrong, it’s a problem everywhere. St. Cloud probably deserves its rep though, these aren’t mutually exclusive.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                                You’re not wrong, it’s a problem everywhere. St. Cloud probably deserves its rep though, these aren’t mutually exclusive.
                                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Working...
                                X