This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet: Screw It, I'm Outta Here

St. Cloud Minnesota doesn’t like non-Norwegian immigrants.

Article includes picture of a make St. Cloud great again hat.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/20/u...ees-trump.html

Comment

St. KKKloud is racist...also water is wet
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        St. KKKloud is racist...also water is wet
        It’s true but their personalized maga hat made me post it

Comment

I didn’t think it was bad until I met a friend of a friend. That person made several terribly racist comments. Right in front of his kids. I actually had to look around to make sure I was hearing this.

This just confirms it.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            I didn’t think it was bad until I met a friend of a friend. That person made several terribly racist comments. Right in front of his kids. I actually had to look around to make sure I was hearing this.

This just confirms it.
            If you're not in St. Cloud because of one of the universities in the area, there's a better than 85% chance that you're racist. If you're there for one of the universities, I'd say it's a still a non-zero chance but wouldn't bet on the exact percentage.

Can it really be surprising? I recall the Strib doing an article because some white people moved to North Branch and were being racially profiled. These people were Irish. While many in North Branch were upset that the story was released, others wrote in from the town to say that if you're not Scandinavian, you're not well appreciated in town.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
              St. Cloud Minnesota doesn’t like non-Norwegian immigrants.

Article includes picture of a make St. Cloud great again hat.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/20/u...ees-trump.html
              The best part is where it mentions how he eats at Culvers everyday just casually reading racist conspiracy sites.

Comment

I guess if you pushed me, I would say I’m not surprised. But it’s still jarring to see an issue like that in your home state. One that prides itself on being nice.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  I guess if you pushed me, I would say I’m not surprised. But it’s still jarring to see an issue like that in your home state. One that prides itself on being nice.
                  Nice = passive aggressive
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                    The best part is where it mentions how he eats at Culvers everyday just casually reading racist conspiracy sites.
                    With pics of his white grandchildren

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                      And somehow he's not dead yet. He doesn't strike me as a guy who's ordering the salad, either. The constant adrenaline triggered by his fear of the Muzzies must keep his heart going.

Comment

It's called White Cloud for a reason.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

It's the *******s that make a problem...but the city is really not that bad...but don't let that stop the generalizations...
                          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                          Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                          Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                          Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                          Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                            It's the *******s that make a problem...but the city is really not that bad...but don't let that stop the generalizations...
                            I went up there for softball for about a decade. Also visited friends up there many a time. It's not AL, but it's definitely not okay by today's standards as far as race.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                              I went up there for softball for about a decade. Also visited friends up there many a time. It's not AL, but it's definitely not okay by today's standards as far as race.
                              Maybe it is...ive honestly not seen much of it here.
                              But there are racists in every town everywhere.
                              But we're white cloud and st. Kkkloud...
                              It's wrong to generalize based on the actions of morons.
                              "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                              Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                              Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                              Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                              Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                                Maybe it is...ive honestly not seen much of it here.
                                But there are racists in every town everywhere.
                                But we're white cloud and st. Kkkloud...
                                It's wrong to generalize based on the actions of morons.
                                Like Muslims, or gun owners, or.....

I can say for sure that Sartell is all sort of backwoods (for the non-MN, a next-door suburb of St Cloud). St Cloud is pretty bad, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X