X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet: Screw It, I'm Outta Here

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    No I dont...I purposefully misinterpreted it and ran with it because it made me smile. I wanted everyone to have an image of Some 50+ year old guy in Tweed using big words, telling us how flyover country sucks whilst wearing a MAGA hat like I did
    You couldn't have thrown in "humming Far Above Cayuga's Waters" to top it all off?
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      I wanted everyone to have an image of Some 50+ year old guy in Tweed using big words, telling us how flyover sucks whilst wearing a MAGA hat like I did
      Artist's conception:

"I'm not joking. This is my job!"
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        Artist's conception:

"I'm not joking. This is my job!"
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
          For what it’s worth (nothing) he didn’t accuse Kep of actually being MAGA. He’s saying that in some ways Kep is as bad as a MAGA idiot
          Thanks for actually reading it, Bass.

I didn't call Kepler an "idiot", but I did accuse him of being yet another bully on this echo-chamber of a thread, while not even considering the fact that rural Republicans have genuine complaints about being ignored as "rubes".

I do live in a back-water that went 61% for the dope-in-chief, yet I know very few locals who sound as intolerant or as hateful as does much of the vitriol on here. Picking nits -on either side of the aisle- is just further dividing our society, and that's the last thing we need right now.

We have huge issues to deal with (climate change, income-inequality, Iran, election-meddling, etc.) Yet, both fringes of the political spectrum seem content to snipe from afar, just to score a few cheap points here or there.

FWIW, my favorite candidate is Pete B. Eminent qualifications, and a (nearly) perfect mind. But I doubt that he's electable at this point. Next time around, his chances should be much better. The job right now is to unseat Trump, and that's really all there is to it.

Not a big fan of wishy-washy Biden, but he's easily the best hope right now.
          Last edited by Fishman'81; 07-24-2019, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            I suspect we won't be hearing more from him in this thread. He already bluffed on an offsuit 2/7 waiting for the river card, and got called on it.
            Funny enough, I'm getting back into poker (it's a free app, but people seem to actually play serious, which is all I want).
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Idiots in Modesto, CA want a straight pride parade too.
              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
              Patreon for exclusive writing content
              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Give it to them. I want these morons to self-identify.

(Yes, I realize we can just go to a GOP rally.)
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Give it to them. I want these morons to self-identify.

(Yes, I realize we can just go to a GOP rally.)
                  There will be like 10 people at the parade, 10,000 in counter protest. Love it.
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                    This is another reason to give it to them. It's like letting the Illinois Nazis march. Grant the permit, then come and counter-protest. Grind their faces in their irrelevance.
                    Cornell University

Comment

This is another reason to give it to them. It's like letting the Illinois Nazis march. Grant the permit, then come and counter-protest. Grind their faces in their irrelevance.
                      Meanwhile, in Boston, the city approved their permit, but the police haven't given them another permit they need. They also haven't received the permit for their "entertainment."

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                        To the 10, the 10,000 are advertising. It's right for sane people to outspeak them, but I'm sure the 10 hope the 10k will show up.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                          To the 10, the 10,000 are advertising. It's right for sane people to outspeak them, but I'm sure the 10 hope the 10k will show up.
                          They shouldn't. When the Nazis embarked on the "Free Speech" tour after they murdered Heather Heyer in Charlottesville, they inexplicably decided to start in Boston. A dozen Nazis showed up and 20,000+ protesters. The Nazis slunk away before the event was even scheduled to begin and the entire movement died. We ended that movement and we'll end this one.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                            They shouldn't. When the Nazis embarked on the "Free Speech" tour after they murdered Heather Heyer in Charlottesville, they inexplicably decided to start in Boston. A dozen Nazis showed up and 20,000+ protesters. The Nazis slunk away before the event was even scheduled to begin and the entire movement died. We ended that movement and we'll end this one.
                            This makes me smile.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                              That is good to hear. Hopefully you are right.

Comment

This is why I say let them have their little parades and wave their flags. Not only is it their legal right, but there will be countless others ready to exercise THEIR free speech in the process.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X