X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet: Screw It, I'm Outta Here

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    Well, you don't realize that you're another bully in this scenario.

We are who we are, and there's no reason to feel proud about any of it, nor to feel ashamed of it, either.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      Right...and we should have "White History Month" too!
      every month is white history month
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

If I spoke to people like Fishy the way they talk to me:

"When did you decide to become straight and cis?"

"Straight people shouldn't be allowed to get married; it harms the children."

"Aren't all cis people bathroom rapists?"

"I love you, I just disagree with the lifestyle you chose."

"You will burn in hell for being straight and cis."

"No one is really straight and you can control your tendencies."

"Cis people should be happy with the way God made them."

"Cis people are confused."

"Hey cis person... what's in your pants?"

"The Bible says straight people should be put to death, it's right there in some obscure passage!"

"Parents should be informed about straight and cis education in schools!"

"Serving straight and cis people is a clear violation of my religious freedom!"

"If a cis person goes into the bathroom, I will follow them with a gun or kick their ***!"

I COULD go on...
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
          If I spoke to people like Fishy the way they talk to me:

"When did you decide to become straight and cis?"

"Straight people shouldn't be allowed to get married; it harms the children."

"Aren't all cis people bathroom rapists?"

"I love you, I just disagree with the lifestyle you chose."

"You will burn in hell for being straight and cis."

"No one is really straight and you can control your tendencies."

"Cis people should be happy with the way God made them."

"Cis people are confused."

"Hey cis person... what's in your pants?"

"The Bible says straight people should be put to death, it's right there in some obscure passage!"

"Parents should be informed about straight and cis education in schools!"

"Serving straight and cis people is a clear violation of my religious freedom!"

"If a cis person goes into the bathroom, I will follow them with a gun or kick their ***!"

I COULD go on...
          Please don't.

I never even suggested that intolerance- from either side- was worth the paper it was printed-on. My original point (long lost in the deluge of hate on here) was that we need to keep our eye on the ball, and not focus on the fringe issues. It's a practical approach to getting rid of Trump. And issues of sexuality are pretty-much moot in that context.

I do realize that the posters on this thread are not representative of Dems as a whole, which is a really good thing, because terms such as "cis", which describes most of the human race, are off-putting to our aging American population who don't even understand what it means... We are all free to do what we want with our bodies, and sleep with who we want to. It's just not worth arguing about.

Let's just get the clown out of DC now, then pick nits at a later date.
          Last edited by Fishman'81; 07-28-2019, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            every month is white history month
            Why do you assume I'm 100% "white"? (I'm not.) Are you a racist, or did you resort to identity politics because I'm a fan of the "white" game of hockey?

The difference between Left-wing intolerance and Right-wing intolerance amounts to the difference between dog-**** and chicken- ****.

They both stink.

Comment

No, Fishy... you walked in here, deliberately called me the wrong name, and said you would carry your gun into the bathroom if a trans person was in there at the same time as your granddaughter. When I got offended, you pulled the "I'm sorry you were offended" line.

Left-wing intolerance? I'm lucky where I work includes gender identity and sexual orientation in their non-discrimination policy. Otherwise, in Michigan, it is legal to fire me because I'm pansexual and transgender. Why should I tolerate that ****? I can get housing denied to me because I'm trans. Why should I tolerate that? In the past, I would have been arrested for having sex with my partner, or going out in public dressed as a female. Had I been alive prior to Stonewall, I wouldn't have tolerated that **** either. Had I been at Stonewall that night in 1969, I would have joined the uprising. I've watched this administration say doctors can deny me health care because I'm trans. Not tolerating that, either.
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

No, Fishy... you walked in here, deliberately called me the wrong name, and said you would carry your gun into the bathroom if a trans person was in there at the same time as your granddaughter. When I got offended, you pulled the "I'm sorry you were offended" line.

Left-wing intolerance? I'm lucky where I work includes gender identity and sexual orientation in their non-discrimination policy. Otherwise, in Michigan, it is legal to fire me because I'm pansexual and transgender. Why should I tolerate that ****? I can get housing denied to me because I'm trans. Why should I tolerate that? In the past, I would have been arrested for having sex with my partner, or going out in public dressed as a female. Had I been alive prior to Stonewall, I wouldn't have tolerated that **** either. Had I been at Stonewall that night in 1969, I would have joined the uprising. I've watched this administration say doctors can deny me health care because I'm trans. Not tolerating that, either.
                No, go back and read...

I said that straight males would likely abuse a genderless society, and I'm convinced that they would.

That's just realism.
                Last edited by Fishman'81; 07-28-2019, 09:07 PM.

Comment

And I'm sure the ghost of Ed McMahon is waiting outside my door with a $20,000,000 check.

Comment

And I'm sure the ghost of Ed McMahon is waiting outside my door with a $20,000,000 check.
                    That would be great.

But remember that my point was about the talking points in 2020. I don't care the least little bit about how people dress or who they have sex with. But, if the idiot wins again, this country is 6 feet under. We need to pick the right fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                      That would be great.

But remember that my point was about the talking points in 2020. I don't care the least little bit about how people dress or who they have sex with. But, if the idiot wins again, this country is 6 feet under. We need to pick the right fights.
                      Is there something wrong with you?

Seriously?

Here's what I want you to do. I want you to close your eyes and go back in time to the moment when you started thinking you could arbitrate whose civil rights and liberties were important. OK, have you gotten there? I want you to concentrate on that moment in time.

Now... I want you to take your fist and punch yourself in the balls as hard as you possibly can. Hard enough to pass out, if possible.

If you come to and still think you can chose who matters and who doesn't, I want you to do it again. And again. For as long as it takes you to get over yourself.

You do not know you are a fool because... you are a fool. Someday, god willing, you will recognize it. I am putting your apology on account right now so you don't have to.

You'll thank me later.
                      Last edited by Kepler; 07-28-2019, 09:48 PM.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Seriously?

Here's what I want you to do. I want you to close you eyes and go back in time to the moment where you started thinking you could arbitrate whose civil rights and liberties were important. OK, have you gotten there? I want you to concentrate on that moment in time.

Now... I want you to take you fist and punch yourself in the balls as hard as you possibly can. Hard enough to pass out, if possible.

If you come to and still think you can chose who matters and who doesn't, I want you to do it again. And again. For as long as it takes you to get over yourself.
                        Kep, this is why trans people keeping calm and "educating" on trans issues has limits. While I'm happy to educate on trans issues, please understand I can only give the information. What a person does with that information is entirely up to them. And the past week or so, most of you get what I'm saying. But I feel the last week or so, it's been a case of "MissThundercat Has To Repeatedly Justify Her Existence," and there's not enough coffee, Rosé, peanut butter pretzels, etc on this Earth to keep doing it. Society at large demands I do it, especially in a conservative area like West Michigan. If not for something called a job, there are days I wonder why I leave the apartment.
                        Last edited by MissThundercat; 07-28-2019, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Seriously?

Here's what I want you to do. I want you to close your eyes and go back in time to the moment when you started thinking you could arbitrate whose civil rights and liberties were important. OK, have you gotten there? I want you to concentrate on that moment in time.

Now... I want you to take your fist and punch yourself in the balls as hard as you possibly can. Hard enough to pass out, if possible.

You do not know you are a fool because... you are a fool. Someday, god willing, you will recognize it. I am putting your apology on account right now so you don't have to.

You'll thank me later.

Don't you purport to be "ignoring" me on here? Please do, already. You're an angry little fella.

Comment

Different for you cishets, You never have to justify your existence, no one threatens you with violence for using the bathroom, no one checks your hormonal levels after a year to see if you can compete as your gender in sports, no one ever uses obscure Bible passages to condemn you, no one ever argues that denying you service qualifies as religious freedom, and for cis ladies, you don't have to jump through hoops to get a boob job, excuse me, breast augmentation. I need at least one letter from a therapist saying I understand the risk of this before I get implants. Before I get my testicles removed and replaced by a vag, I need two letters for the orchi (testicles removed) and two letters for the vaginoplasty (a vag added).

Comment

That’s it Fishboy, you’ve made Pinkie angry with your stupidity! Prepare for incoming ponies y’all.
                              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                                That’s it Fishboy, you’ve made Pinkie angry with your stupidity! Prepare for incoming ponies y’all.
                                Thank you, Jim.

And also, Fishy, you don't get to decide the narrative. Kepler's standing up for people like me, and it went right over your head. Also, Fishy, since you're not willing to take a walk in my flats, I hope for the next week or so, people call you Karen and use the pronoun "it" when referring to you. Then you'll see what I experience on a daily basis.

Comment

Working...
                                X