This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Once in Italy, a guy stopped and got out of his car to cat call me.
    In Poland they try to hit you in the crosswalks, maybe they are less sexist? In all seriousness I faced a lot of what you mentioned in Poland. The Nordic countries and Germany were the best, although the Turks in Berlin treated me similar to the Italians.
    Germany's Turks are funny in how decades since migrating, many of them even being second or third generation, they still won't call themselves Germans. Probably has a lot to do with both religion and your (sad) cultural experiences.

Duolingo German even addresses this quirk.

Also goes to show you how unique America is about integrating/assimilating. And why about a quarter to a third of Europe is white nationalist.
    Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 07-19-2019, 12:11 AM.

Comment

• Re: Nice Planet: Screw It, I'm Outta Here

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      Germany's Turks are funny in how decades since migrating, many of them even being second or third generation, they still won't call themselves Germans. Probably has a lot to do with both religion and your (sad) cultural experiences.

Duolingo German even addresses this quirk.

Also goes to show you how unique America is about integrating/assimilating. And why about a quarter to a third of Europe is white nationalist.
      Have you observed anything about how young Turkish men behave when the plane is taxiing to the gate? My wife and I were struck by this when we took a bunch of flights in Turkey years ago, and our daughter, who had lived there and flown a lot for work for three years said, "yeah, they do this all the time."
      Last edited by burd; 07-19-2019, 07:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
        Have you observed anything about how young Turkish men behave when the plane is taxiing to the gate? My wife and I were struck by this when we took a bunch of flights in Turkey years ago, and our daughter, who had lived there and flown a lot for work for three years said, "yeah, they do this all the time."
        What, this?
        Last edited by Kepler; 07-19-2019, 08:22 AM.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
          This is a tough one. Even with science and all that...when does a gender actually change, as in the world of science? I don't know, not taking a stance, because of the fact that I don't know. To use an extreme, let's say LeBron decides, oh, hey, I ID as a woman? How far does he have to go to play in the WNBA? It's a VERY extreme example, but that would also answer the question. I really have no idea.
          I lean Left for sure, but I agree with the gist of your post.

You can identify as whatever you care to be for social reasons, but your gender -in a legal sense- is what you see when you look into your underwear.

If that physical fact is somehow obliterated by the extreme Left, fine. It won't bother me to use uni-sex bathrooms, but I'll be packing heat when I take my grand-daughters into one, because men will abuse the situation.

And kiss women's sports goodbye. (Hell, I was a pretty-good 3 on my boys' hoops team in HS, but would have been All-World on the girls' team.)

Either accept that there exist physiological differences between the sexes, or embrace a gender-less society. That's all there is to it.

Comment

Translation: "this makes me uncomfortable."

That's all this is. It's gay fear/confusion, again, 30 years later. Complete with appeals to science. As if that mattered. Identity is a matter of self, full stop. No church, government, or hung up Old gets to decide for you.

Tell your amygdala nobody's going to hurt you and lighten up, Francis.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

When mookie has to go, he can identify as female if required
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                I lean Left for sure, but I agree with the gist of your post.

You can identify as whatever you care to be for social reasons, but your gender -in a legal sense- is what you see when you look into your underwear.

If that physical fact is somehow obliterated by the extreme Left, fine. It won't bother me to use uni-sex bathrooms, but I'll be packing heat when I take my grand-daughters into one, because men will abuse the situation.

And kiss women's sports goodbye. (Hell, I was a pretty-good 3 on my boys' hoops team in HS, but would have been All-World on the girls' team.)

Either accept that there exist physiological differences between the sexes, or embrace a gender-less society. That's all there is to it.
                As one of the board's transgender humans, I'm offended by this. I've lost muscle strength on hormones. When I use the women's room, my goal is to get in, do my thing, wash my hands, and leave. You just called me and every other trans woman on the planet a bathroom rapist.
                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                  As one of the board's transgender humans, I'm offended by this. I've lost muscle strength on hormones. When I use the women's room, my goal is to get in, do my thing, wash my hands, and leave. You just called me and every other trans woman on the planet a bathroom rapist.
                  Ignore him. He's trapped in his own boxes. Either he gets out or he doesn't but he isn't important.
                  Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    Ignore him. He's trapped in his own boxes. Either he gets out or he doesn't but he isn't important.
                    So, and this goes for Brent, too: next time he has a thought, he should let it go.
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Who cares what's between your legs? I sure as hell don't give a fck. Just be honest.

Comment

I didn't get the impression he was saying trans people are rapists. I interpreted it as him saying straight dudes will abuse the situation with unisex bathrooms. So basically saying that rapists are rapists.

Still not a great argument because I doubt doors with a sign that says "women" on it really made rapists think twice, but different than him calling all trans people rapists.
                        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                          I didn't get the impression he was saying trans people are rapists. I interpreted it as him saying straight dudes will abuse the situation with unisex bathrooms. So basically saying that rapists are rapists.

Still not a great argument because I doubt doors with a sign that says "women" on it really made rapists think twice, but different than him calling all trans people rapists.
                          I've used the women's room, and several of my sisters have used the women's room today with no incidents. I'm tired of this ****. So are all my other sisters on this planet. Truth is, I come on this board to get away from this ****, and I'm still confronted with it.

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                            I've used the women's room, and several of my sisters have used the women's room today with no incidents. I'm tired of this ****. So are all my other sisters on this planet. Truth is, I come on this board to get away from this ****, and I'm still confronted with it.
                            No affront was intended. I don't hate anyone.

I've been an "identified" male all my life, and a physical one. And I've frequented nude beaches for 25 years, where my fellow men have abused the the liberty they are afforded there. Human males do that at every minute of every day, when allowed, as a general rule.

I have no desire to offend anyone, but facts is facts. We -as a society- are certainly not as evolved as you purport to be, but fear not, the typical hetero male will take every advantage of an opportunity to exploit that sort of a situation. I have seen a thousand empirical examples of this behavior, first-hand.

Again, either we have a lawful gender, or we don't. I'm fine with it either way... But let's make up our minds before The Deplorables do it for us.

Comment

As a "typical hetero male", I'm offended you would suggest that I would barge into a women's restroom and claim womanhood to get some, and you can seriously GFY.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                Who cares what's between your legs? I sure as hell don't give a fck. Just be honest.
                                So how do you define "gender"? Just asking.

The head of the NAACP was "outed" as "white" a few years ago. Why can't she choose to identify as "black", and be accepted as a human being, with NSA.

The whole "identity" thing is getting beyond ridiculous. The Liberal labels are becoming just as ludicrous as are tRump's, and this sort of thing will never lead to a more constructive discourse.

Comment

Working...
                                X