Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Wars IX: rumors, spoilers beware!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Star Wars IX: rumors, spoilers beware!!!

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
    Awesome!
    I know, right?

He's a keeper, too. I'm hoping she gets pregnant.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Some fanatics are saying if palpatine is back and Vader/Anakin doesn’t force ghost in and assist in defeating him his story arc is rendered useless.

Interesting. But life isn’t as simple as Star Wars OG good is really good and bad is really bad. I think it might add to the story to leave anakin out of 9 and just know he martyred himself to save his son and that’s all we need from his arc. The death of palpatine/pure evil could never be accomplished by one person anyway. Thoughts?
      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Sounds like ep 9 could be an incoherent mess.

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...-reshoots/amp/

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

Be wary of wegotthiscovered...they have a very bad rep when it comes to rumors. (i.e. they make it up...A LOT) They love to make things like reshoots sound way worse than they are and will only listen to the "reports" that back that up.

As for Anakin...him showing up is the stupidest idea I have heard of. You have to use Hayden Christensen to do that which will remind everyone of the prequels, which will pretty much annoy the **** out of everyone so best to just avoid all that nonsense.

I was talking to my buddy the other day...he still will not see Episode 9 no matter what and has decided that he no longer recognizes that any non OG trilogy film any more. That is how much TLJ ticked him off. I hope he is just being hyperbolic (though he is a huge Spidey Fan and held true to not seeing FFH so...)because he is the only one I can discuss this stuff with. Plus I like when people like films (whether I do or not) and it sucks when they are disappointed.

I hope I love the film anyways, but I really do so I can convince him to see it as well.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            Be wary of wegotthiscovered...they have a very bad rep when it comes to rumors. (i.e. they make it up...A LOT) They love to make things like reshoots sound way worse than they are and will only listen to the "reports" that back that up.

As for Anakin...him showing up is the stupidest idea I have heard of. You have to use Hayden Christensen to do that which will remind everyone of the prequels, which will pretty much annoy the **** out of everyone so best to just avoid all that nonsense.

I was talking to my buddy the other day...he still will not see Episode 9 no matter what and has decided that he no longer recognizes that any non OG trilogy film any more. That is how much TLJ ticked him off. I hope he is just being hyperbolic (though he is a huge Spidey Fan and held true to not seeing FFH so...)because he is the only one I can discuss this stuff with. Plus I like when people like films (whether I do or not) and it sucks when they are disappointed.

I hope I love the film anyways, but I really do so I can convince him to see it as well.
            That’s good to know re that website. The reshoot news came up on twitter and it seemed ominous. I guess I fell for clickbait.

I hope this movie is great and I think Lucas consulting will help because he’ll have Abrams and Disney to exert editorial control...I hope.

I also hope they don’t have Anakin (or any prequel callbacks) in the story but that’s a pipe dream cause Christiansen was on set for some filming. Ugh

Comment

This makes me feel a little better about EP 9:

https://youtu.be/c3TOLXEK0Es

Comment

Well, the leaks of late are evidently real and the accidentally leaked soundtrack list matches up with what is a godawful nonsensical ****ty mess.

Do not read if you don’t want spoilers!!!!!!

So, the crux of the movie is this: Rey and Ren join up to fight palpatine. He’s too powerful for them so Ren gives his life force or whatever power he has to Rey to strengthen her against palpatines lightning. Ren dies. Then the generations of Jedi give Rey force power to defeat palpatine. She does.

They go to Tatooine (Rey, Poe, Finn and chewie) and visit luke’s Old home. She’s asked by a local what her name is and with no blood connection she says Rey Skywalker.

Wow. All that money and They **** it away. They cut 10-12 minutes of palpatine scenes, they cut 50% or more of Lucas directed scenes, etc. changed the arc from what Lucas advised them and boom.

Anakin isn’t the chosen one, Rey is. I could get behind that because Anakin sucked but jesus Kylo Ren wins no battles, luke is wasted, Finn and Poe are wasted...

Btw Boyer’s and Isaac have both already said HELL no to ever returning and Ridley seems totally disheartened by the stories conclusion. They’ve all got interviews up now.

This may do prequel level business. Ugh

Comment

Not going to read what you posted solovsfett. I have tickets for next Thursday. I found this Abrams interview interesting. Especially this part.

Here's the one criticism that J.J. Abrams shared with NYT, in regards to Star Wars: The Last Jedi:

According to J.J. Abrams, Star Wars: The Last Jedi is great in that it is, "full of surprises and subversion and all sorts of bold choices."

Now here's where J.J. Abrams' opinion takes a serious turn: "On the other hand, it’s a bit of a meta approach to the story. I don’t think that people go to ‘Star Wars’ to be told, ‘This doesn’t matter.’”

There's no real way to square away what J.J. Abrams implies in that statement as anything but a criticism of Rian Johnson's main goals in The Last Jedi, which was clearly subversion of fan predictions and expectations. From the "reveal" of Rey's non-important parentage, to the somber characterization of former galactic hero Luke Skywalker, to the death of Snoke - Johnson seemed to delight in pulling the rug out from under fans. Of course, this wasn't done as frivolous trickery: a lot Johnson's thematic focus in The Last Jedi is escaping the same cycles of the past, as well as doing away with the notion that not only those with the last name "Skywalker" are capable of being great Jedi and/or Force user heroes.
                  3comments

That may (eventually) prove to be a prophetic step forward for the franchise as the Skywalker Saga comes to an end - but for now, it seems The Last Jedi will retain the title of most divisive movie in the Star Wars franchise.
                  This explains why I loved the movie (Last Jedi) so much. And why I believe I will not love the ending as much as I could have.

https://comicbook.com/2019/12/11/j-j...fSI6sPKwRqu_-w

It's those bold choices that I loved. It's why the GOT ending sucked. They wimped out.
                  Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 12-12-2019, 09:46 AM.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I have tickets for Friday night...I hate to say this given my love for Star Wars, Empire and Rogue One (I mean look at my handle, also SOLO shot first!) but i’m Viewing this as a chore. Just get through this and maybe somehow some way Kathleen Kennedy gets booted out the door and either Jon Favreau or Dave Filoni takes over.

I’m glad I read spoilers so my expectations are appropriately set.

Comment

I have tickets for Friday night...I hate to say this given my love for Star Wars, Empire and Rogue One (I mean look at my handle, also SOLO shot first!) but i’m Viewing this as a chore. Just get through this and maybe somehow some way Kathleen Kennedy gets booted out the door and either Jon Favreau or Dave Filoni takes over.

Reactions have been good. It appears JJ went back to the Force Awakens formula. Just do everything in a way to placate the majority of fans. No big surprises. No subversion. Just placate everyone so it ultimately ends up being boring with nothing to discuss after it's over except, well, that was pretty good.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

All-set for tomorrow (Thursday) night, here. Couldn't get a good seat for the 6:00pm showing, so had to settle for the 6:30pm show. I'll let you know all about it! (just kidding!)

Mixed emotions on this one. I was fortunate enough to see the original when it came-out (I was 9, and it was essentially "life-changing"!). Now here I am at 52, and once again fortunate enough to see it come to an end, the main story arc at least. But the best part is, I will be seeing it with "the Boy", who was born one-month before Episode I was released, and in his childhood also found the same love for the story that I grew-up (and old) with. He and I have seen every episode and "side-story" in the theaters together since the release of Episode III (except Solo), so this final episode is bitter-sweet. My ticket is his Christmas [Solstice ] gift to me this year. I will try to hold-back the tears.

Cheers!!!
                        ~TTF
                        Dave
                        RIT - '90

Comment

Kennedy is going nowhere. The movies make too much money and that is all Di$ney cares about. They are getting exactly what they expected...tons of films that water down the universe but people pay to see because...reasons?

Although, and this means nothing obviously, if the critics are mixed on this that is not a good sign. This is below AOTC on RT right now. Strange.

I am seeing the film Friday morning in IMAX...I honestly think it wont be that bad but I also read no spoilers...maybe I should
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Tickets for Friday in 4DX. Apparently the seats move, and depending upon what you see there can be scents, fog, blowing air, lighting, etc.

I go in with no expectations and haven't read/seen anything about the official trailers. I figure it can't be worse than 7 & 8, which were just a step up from 1 & 2.
                            Last edited by Slap Shot; 12-18-2019, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                              Tickets for Friday in 4DX. Apparently the seats move, and depending upon what you see there can be scents, fog, blowing air, lighting, etc.

I go in with no expectations and haven't read/seen anything about the official trailers. I figure it can't be worse than 7&8? Or it can't be worse than 1&2?
                              You better hope they don't end up in the trash compactor room when trying to escape the First Order.
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                                You better hope they don't end up in the trash compactor room when trying to escape the First Order.
                                Ewoks or I riot!!!
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X