Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Wars IX: rumors, spoilers beware!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Star Wars IX: rumors, spoilers beware!!!

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
    Leaked Star Wars trailer:

After Mufasa falls from the cliff and is trampled, Simba makes his way through the jungle and finds the hidden and mysterious land of Wakanda. For his training to return and defeat Uncle Scar, Black Panther sends him to Ilum to find his own kyber crystal. While searching he stumbles across an egg which hatches into a xenomorph. Wolverine and Human Torch team up to defeat the xenomorph. Armed with his new lightsaber Simba and his allies, Luke Skywalker and Scarlet Witch, return to Pride Rock to take the kingdom back. As the trailer ends, Deadpool appears and asks audiences why they are still watching and not already buying tickets.

Every nerd shouts Bob Iger's name as they orgasm. Then rush to find a credit card and give Disney all their money.
    No reincarnation of Heath Ledger? Not gonna get the fanboys to cum, sorry.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      I'm willing for him to swing for the fences. If he hits that's great, a capstone worthy of 4/5. If he misses then it's just another 1/2 to throw in the sh-tter and forget.

Lucas already sullied the franchise so irrevocably it doesn't matter if there is another clunker. It's strictly a la carte now.

F-ck it, let's tie in the Alien/Predator universe. :-)
      I couldn’t agree more.
      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
        If you're not interested in watching any of the cartoons... [white out]

Ezra Bridger, in the last couple episodes, got himself into a direct conflict with the Emperor rather than just the Empire. It had to do with a Jedi temple, and the power it held. There was a Force portal there, and the Emperor was trying to use it to bend both time and reality. The key was configuring three icons of The Father (balanced Force), The Son (Dark side), and The Daughter (Light Side), who were introduced during a story arc in the Clone Wars show. In short, Ezra wins the battle. He uses the portal to go back in time to rescue Ahsoka Tano (She's Anakin's apprentice during the Clone Wars show, but was expelled from the Order when falsely convicted of an attack against the Jedi, later cleared. She later helped form the Rebellion with Bale Organa [Ahsoka novel], and even later then helped directly with Ezra and Kanan [Ezra's master] win some battles. After that, Ezra goes into the portal in an effort to do more good for the galaxy than he could by staying with the Rebellion, just prior to the events that led up to Rogue One.

Meanwhile, Thrawn's story was never concluded in the show. His fleet was beaten by the Rebels in S3 of the show, but that was due to the incompetence of ship captains, who did not follow Thrawn's orders/battle plans because they were instead seeking personal glory. It's canon now (Thrawn novel) that Thrawn joined the Empire in order to use it to save the Chiss from a different threat in the Unknown Regions - the Empire being the lesser of two evils scenario. So he may have done the same with the First Order.
        Wow...that all sounds very cool. I’d love to see Thrawn in a movie or trilogy. I’m thinking he’s a passing reference in ep 9.

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

Leaked Star Wars trailer:

After Mufasa falls from the cliff and is trampled, Simba makes his way through the jungle and finds the hidden and mysterious land of Wakanda. For his training to return and defeat Uncle Scar, Black Panther sends him to Ilum to find his own kyber crystal. While searching he stumbles across an egg which hatches into a xenomorph. Wolverine and Human Torch team up to defeat the xenomorph. Armed with his new lightsaber Simba and his allies, Luke Skywalker and Scarlet Witch, return to Pride Rock to take the kingdom back. As the trailer ends, Deadpool appears and asks audiences why they are still watching and not already buying tickets.

Every nerd shouts Bob Iger's name as they orgasm. Then rush to find a credit card and give Disney all their money.

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Rumor is the title is The Will Of The Force or Will Of The Force.

Fanboys already burning that down.

I like it if it’s true. Mirrors what Chirrut Imwe said in R1 “all is as the force wills it”

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
              Rumor is the title is The Will Of The Force or Will Of The Force.

Fanboys already burning that down.

I like it if it’s true. Mirrors what Chirrut Imwe said in R1 “all is as the force wills it”
              I wish I could filter out all those anti-fanboys on YouTube. Instead the ****ing YT algorithm says, "Oh, you watch Collider Jedi Council and Star Wars Explained, so we recommend Kathleen Kennedy Sucks, The Force is Male and Disney Ruined Star Wars. This weekend is going to be absolutely miserable online.

Comment

I wish I could filter out all those anti-fanboys on YouTube. Instead the ****ing YT algorithm says, "Oh, you watch Collider Jedi Council and Star Wars Explained, so we recommend Kathleen Kennedy Sucks, The Force is Male and Disney Ruined Star Wars. This weekend is going to be absolutely miserable online.
                Yeah, they’re truly the worst. And it’s getting more difficult to avoid them.

Comment

So much for rumors.

The Rise Of Skywalker is the title.

Comment

The Rise of Skywalker

They revealed an awful lot but I think they had to with this. Lando, Leia, the narration by Luke. Yes, that's Palpatine cackling at the end. I don't need any other trailers or promotion. I'm ready.
                    Last edited by ticapnews; 04-12-2019, 12:22 PM.

Comment

That is a pretty weak title...the trailer was alright though. Better than TLJ

They are definitely trying to hint at certain things in that trailer...stuff the uber nerds have been speculating on for a while which tells me most of them probably arent true (major studios love to put out false flag stuff for various reasons) but my guess is if ANYTHING that is speculated is true it will be that they found a way to write a better ending for Luke either in the Ethereal Plane (Force Ghost) or otherwise. They do that and the film has my money.

My reasoning is the Emperor cackle...and the Luke narration. I havent looked into rumors in a while but I might later just for funsies.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Looks awesome to me. I love the title. Has multiple possible meanings like the last one. I am prepared to be thrilled and entertained.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

That was a fun trailer. It'll keep people going for a few months.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            That is a pretty weak title...the trailer was alright though. Better than TLJ

They are definitely trying to hint at certain things in that trailer...stuff the uber nerds have been speculating on for a while which tells me most of them probably arent true (major studios love to put out false flag stuff for various reasons) but my guess is if ANYTHING that is speculated is true it will be that they found a way to write a better ending for Luke either in the Ethereal Plane (Force Ghost) or otherwise. They do that and the film has my money.

My reasoning is the Emperor cackle...and the Luke narration. I havent looked into rumors in a while but I might later just for funsies.
                            I bet that whole scene with Rey in the desert doing a backflip onto Kylo's ship was entirely for the trailer and won't be in the movie at all, a la that Battle of Wakanda shot featuring the Hulk in the Infinity War trailer. The rest seems plausible for the movie.

As for the other stuff, there will be months to speculate on it!

Comment

The Rise of Skywalker

They revealed an awful lot but I think they had to with this. Lando, Leia, the narration by Luke. Yes, that's Palpatine cackling at the end. I don't need any other trailers or promotion. I'm ready.
                              Why is she in Arizona?

Any empire that can't take out a single non-hardened target on the ground with no cover with a godd-mn starfighter doesn't deserve galactic control.
                              Last edited by Kepler; 04-12-2019, 02:55 PM.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                Why is she in Arizona?

Any empire that can't take out a single no-hardened target on the group with a fighter doesn't deserve galactic control.
                                Um, actually, she's on Jakku, which you would know if you if you've read the canon novels, the reference encyclopedia and watched hundreds of hours of YouTube videos.

I don't know if that's Jakku or not. That was the speculation before the trailer came out based on Rey's lineage and Palpatine's interest in using the outpost as a launching point to the Unknown Regions as described in the Aftermath series and the video game missions and...and I've lost all but the most diehard of fans by now...

Comment

Working...
                                X