Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Wars IX: rumors, spoilers beware!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Star Wars IX: rumors, spoilers beware!!!

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
    You are an exception, apparently.

I'm prob gonna see it again tomorrow, to pick up anything I missed the first time. Standard MO for these kinds of movies. Especially the whole Sith voices thingamabob. It's prob just noise, but you never know.
    I'm confused.

If all the fanboy's hated 8 and 9 is the opposite of 8 wouldn't the fanboy's love 9?
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      I'm confused.

If all the fanboy's hated 8 and 9 is the opposite of 8 wouldn't the fanboy's love 9?
      Yes, because fanboys are highly logical and not just grumpy incels.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
        Yes, because fanboys are highly logical and not just grumpy incels.
        Lol. Fair enough.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

watched it a second time on Saturday, this time in IMAX. It's not perfect, but I enjoyed it more than Ep 8.

I don't think I'd consider myself a fanboy though, since I haven't really gotten into the extended universe/legends and I haven't seen all of Rebels or Clone Wars.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
            watched it a second time on Saturday, this time in IMAX. It's not perfect, but I enjoyed it more than Ep 8.

I don't think I'd consider myself a fanboy though, since I haven't really gotten into the extended universe/legends and I haven't seen all of Rebels or Clone Wars.
            It was never my thing either. I've seen the movies and played Knights of the Old Republic, and Star Wars The Old Republic. Never read the books, comics, or watched the cartoons. But, I loved 8. Still my fave.

Comment

I'm confused.

No because literally nowhere did anyone say the Fanboys all hated 8. Half hated 8. Now half hate 9. Both are fundamentally flawed films and in 10 years no one will really think about them.

Honestly, the problem with the entire ST is that it doesnt really tell a story. It tries to but every film contradicts each other and the main cast never really gets a chance to become the main crux of the story. They tried to shoehorn in friendships between everyone but they never let them actually grow into it. Nothing is earned which is why ROS is so rushed. Poe, Finn and Rey are sort of husks of characters, shadows of archetypes trying so hard to be Han, Leia and Luke but never being developed. None of them really have arcs except Rey...and her arc was a mess. JJ and Rian spent so much time either doing fan service or subverting expectations that they forgot that the glue of Star Wars wasnt the cool space scenes and lightsaber battles, it is the relationships between main characters. By the time Han leaves the Rebellion at the end of 4 he and Luke have actually developed as characters together. They know each other and we as an audience know them. The writing might be hacky, but the relationship is there...which is why everyone still gets chills when Ben is talking to Luke, Vader is about to kill him and Han saves the day. The boy who grew up on a worthless Outer Rim planet wishing to be a hero flying in space just saved the entire galaxy with help from his greedy braggadocious space pirate who literally had to be paid to to make the original trip and bribed into saving the Princess. That is more story and character arc than anyone in thin the Sequel Trilogy have in 3 movies.

Clown,

I have said this to you before, and I dont mean this as a slight to you but it is a full on slight to Di$ney, almost no one except the top 1% of fanboys reads those books (or watches the shows) so important plot points being put in them is an epic failure of storytelling. It isnt like they are telling some complex story filled with nuance and detail in these films. It is one thing to have an Easter Egg to Clone Wars in the film, but if the films cant stand on their own they arent good movies. I mean even hardcore fanboys that love the film for its fan service like myself or Keven Smith question parts of the story cause they make no sense and are never explained. (like the Sith Acolytes) Hell we literally watch the Death Star explode in ROTJ...and not just a little explosion the thing is disintegrated! Yet somewhow a very large portion of it crash landed on a moon of Endor and stayed in tact. Then someone made a map on a knife that perfectly matches the wreckage which somehow never changes over like 30 years despite it being in the ocean which is super turbulent. And why would Rey need that anyways since a scavenger like her would look for something the Emperor had in his throne room first anyways...we still dont know how he survived for sure (or if he is truly a clone) or what the heck the shrouded Palpatine Superfans are doing or even what they are. I shouldnt need a book to tell me, that is the movie's job

And this is why I said you just cant think about the details of the film because it will literally ruin it. None of it makes sense. The film is a mish mash of cool set pieces and partial stories with little build up, no background and then you blink and it is over cause we are off to the next set piece. The more I talk about the film and the farther away I get from seeing it on the big screen the more I dont like it. I am actually afraid to watch it again because I think I will hate it on second viewing because of how ridiculous it is.

This is also why the box office is ridiculously underperforming as well. Everyone is seeing the movie, but no one is going back even the hardcores. Yeah it is doing well by the numbers but it is going to make WAY less than TLJ did (this film will struggle to make $500 million DOM as compared to TLJs $620 and internationally it is way down as well) despite being billed as the end of the Saga. I know Di$ney and some of the trades are trying to show it isnt that bad, but this film had much better holiday placement than TLJ did and is still coming in below those numbers. After Jan 1 the BO is going to fall off a cliff. There is a real chance this makes less than Rogue One
              Last edited by Handyman; 12-31-2019, 10:31 AM.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                No because literally nowhere did anyone say the Fanboys all hated 8. Half hated 8. Now half hate 9. Both are fundamentally flawed films and in 10 years no one will really think about them.
                Well, depends on who the fanboys are then I guess. So many people hated 8 that it literally destroyed Solo at the box office. There was a "boycott" of sorts. That also destroyed the production of more movies like Solo and Rogue One which I would have preferred gotten made.

It appears if I want to see more I'll have to get Disney + and I really don't think I want another streaming service just for Star Wars. So, no.

Comment

Clown,

I have said this to you before, and I dont mean this as a slight to you but it is a full on slight to Di$ney, almost no one except the top 1% of fanboys reads those books (or watches the shows) so important plot points being put in them is an epic failure of storytelling. It isnt like they are telling some complex story filled with nuance and detail. It is one thing to have an Easter Egg to Clone Wars in there somewhere, but if the films cant stand on their own they arent good movies. I mean even hardcore fanboys that love the film for its fan service like myself or Keven Smith question parts of the story cause they make no sense and are never explained. (like the Sith Acolytes) Hell we literally watch the Death Star explode in ROTJ...and not just a little explosion the thing is disintegrated! Yet somewhow a very large portion of it crash landed on a moon of Endor and stayed in tact. Then someone made a map on a knife that perfectly matches the wreckage (which somehow never changes over like 30 years despite it being in the ocean which is super turbulent. And why would Rey need that anyways since a scavenger like her would look for something the Emperor had in his throne room first anyways...we still dont know how he survived for sure (or if he is truly a clone) or what the heck the shrouded Palpatine Superfans are doing or even what they are. I shouldnt need a book to tell me, that is the movie's job

And this is why I said you just cant think about the details of the film because it will literally ruin it. None of it makes sense. The film is a mish mash of cool set pieces and partial stories with little build up, no background and then you blink and it is over cause we are off to the next set piece. The more I talk about the film and the farther away I get from seeing it on the big screen the more I dont like it. I am actually afraid to watch it again because I think I will hate it on second viewing because of how ridiculous it is.
                  You will receive no contradictions from me on what you've stated. Also, I've really stopped reading any of the new books released with exception to the Thrawn stuff for those same reasons as what you've said. I've not read any of the comics. Although, the acolytes are only a guess on my part. We just know that the Sith have adhered to the Rule of Two for a long time, based upon the prequels, so it's what made sense to me in regards to who made up the crowd in his chamber room on Exogel.

As to if that's the same Emperor that was on the Death Star - I have no idea. I expect it is because they had Darth Maul survive being cleaved in two by Obi-Wan through his hatred in the Force (paraphrased from the Clone Wars cartoon), and Maul wasn't anywhere near as powerful as Palpatine.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

It was never my thing either. I've seen the movies and played Knights of the Old Republic, and Star Wars The Old Republic. Never read the books, comics, or watched the cartoons. But, I loved 8. Still my fave.
                    Knights of the Old Republic was sweet! One of the best games I have ever played

(would make an awful film though and those rumors are hilarious)
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Knights of the Old Republic was sweet! One of the best games I have ever played

(would make an awful film though and those rumors are hilarious)
                      I'd like to see some sort of Old Republic trilogy. I'd also like to see something new and in the future that picks up on some of the things that were hinted at in 8. But, as in all these things I don't get to choose. So makes me wish I had some sort of creative talent. But, not my bag.

Comment

Well, depends on who the fanboys are then I guess. So many people hated 8 that it literally destroyed Solo at the box office. There was a "boycott" of sorts. That also destroyed the production of more movies like Solo and Rogue One which I would have preferred gotten made.

It appears if I want to see more I'll have to get Disney + and I really don't think I want another streaming service just for Star Wars. So, no.
                        The boycott isnt what killed Solo, Solo was killed because it was a movie no one wanted and the studio screwed up badly. It is a long story and I know only parts of the details (from another board I go to) but the film was never supposed to be a Han Solo film they decided to make it one because they figured name recognition would help it since it was kind of a risky deal for a film. (and it supplanted the promised Kenobi film which is now becoming a Disney+ show) Plus all that new SOLO merch!! Then they hired Lord and Miller to make it (Lego Movie) and with only like a month or so left in filming fired them and had Ron Howard reshoot half of the film. (not unlike Rogue One only with much worse results) The reshoots caused all marketing to be delayed (first trailer wasnt until January for a May film...and it was a BAD trailer) and the movie to be a Frankenstein's Monster. By the time it came out everything about the film was so toxic it never had a chance. Even the people who wanted the film knew it was going to go down in flames. (I said as much here when solovsfett was all jazzed about the movie) Add in that most of the acting was rather mediocre (Donald Glover as a robot humping Lando Wannabe was an insult to Billy Dee Williams) and the stupid "Darth Maul" reveal and it just went nowhere.

The boycott isnt what killed SOLO Di$ney did that on their own. Their plan backfired because no one cares about Han Solo's backstory. If the film had been about Tom Johnson the Space Pirate and was used to show that part of life in the Galaxy under Imperial Rule it probably makes more money and costs way less. I mean the budget for that film was ridiculous for how small a film it was supposed to be.

I dont know where you get your information but the Fanboys LOVE Rogue One. I am on of the few that didnt but loved the idea behind it just not the execution. Hell most want self contained stories these days or TV shows like Mandalorian.
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I'd like to see some sort of Old Republic trilogy. I'd also like to see something new and in the future that picks up on some of the things that were hinted at in 8. But, as in all these things I don't get to choose. So makes me wish I had some sort of creative talent. But, not my bag.
                          I dont think that will work anymore. I would love it, but I dont think the Old Republic is the way to go. They should do stories of what comes after the fall of the First Order. (like how these films should have been highlighting what happened after the destruction of the Death Star, not rehashing the Rebellion) I think an Old Republic Trilogy will appeal to people like us but the masses will largely ignore it. Another problem this film is having is the demographics arent great. Women and Children arent seeing the film in high numbers...just aging men. That wont work in the future...

Its too bad John Boyega said he is pretty much done...cause I think a film where Finn leads Janna and her crew could be awesome. (and rather low budget) A film about what becomes of the New New Republic in the new era could be fun as well...

Honestly though Di$ney needs 5 years though before they even try. (they wont wait I know) Just let this trilogy rest and let the fanboys get past their anger and wanting Star Wars back. Then find a story and develop it. If it is one film fine, if it requires more great. But have the entire story known before you even write the script. And then get your hands off cause you screwed up almost every film since you bought the property in one way or another...and the one you didnt was just JJ remaking A New Hope.
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Mike Zeroh has been breaking this news as he received leaks well prior to the reddit post but man...Star Wars theory reading this and knowing that Zeroh nailed every ROS leak really ****es me off as a fan. How could Disney have so little regard for JJ Abrams that they essentially nuked his movie by excising over an hour and a half from it?

https://youtu.be/BiDCFzFqBdA
                            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

mcweeny-tweet

Comment

Yeah that story is complete bs.
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X