Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Wars IX: rumors, spoilers beware!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Star Wars IX: rumors, spoilers beware!!!

9/6/3

Comment

It's too bad because of IX fails critically and at the box office it won't be because it's deserved it will be because VIII killed the franchise.

Comment

My new rankings (until I have a chance at a 2nd viewing)

1, 2, 8
        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

So when Ren became Ben, not only did he throw his light saber into the water, the scar on his face disappeared. My wife noticed that immediately.

Also, there are FAR to many open questions to have this be the "last movie"- it's the end of the Sith line, for sure. They are done and gone.

But.

Fenn was trying to tell Rey something for the entire story, but never did. There's a big story there.

Fenn has some force in him. Which explains why he was able to use a light saber two movies ago. There's a story there.

The other former storm troopers have a story, and it appears that they are going to tie it to Lando- which was pretty obvious at the end.

The fighter pilot dude has some open questions- which woman is he attached to- the old days or the new days?

And the very end- Rey Skywalker?

The one thing that I REALLY hate about JJ's movies is how he blatantly copies scenes from other movies- and this time a direct lift of the final battle with the emperor showing Luke/Rey that the battle is going against them trying to bait them into hate and converting to the dark side. Have some originality, dude. You almost even copied over the dialog.

Way to many open questions for this to be the last Star Wars ever. Let alone the NAME of the movie- the RISE of Skywalker? Rise? You can't end a series with a rise and no follow up.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
            So when Ren became Ben, not only did he throw his light saber into the water, the scar on his face disappeared. My wife noticed that immediately.

Also, there are FAR to many open questions to have this be the "last movie"- it's the end of the Sith line, for sure. They are done and gone.

But.

Fenn was trying to tell Rey something for the entire story, but never did. There's a big story there.

Fenn has some force in him. Which explains why he was able to use a light saber two movies ago. There's a story there.

The other former storm troopers have a story, and it appears that they are going to tie it to Lando- which was pretty obvious at the end.

The fighter pilot dude has some open questions- which woman is he attached to- the old days or the new days?

The one thing that I REALLY hate about JJ's movies is how he blatantly copies scenes from other movies- and this time a direct lift of the final battle with the emperor showing Luke/Rey that the battle is going against them trying to bait them into hate and converting to the dark side. Have some originality, dude. You almost even copied over the dialog.

Way to many open questions for this to be the last Star Wars ever. Let alone the NAME of the movie- the RISE of Skywalker? Rise? You can't end a series with a rise and no follow up.
            It's over. Maybe a book will come out and answer your questions.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              You are delusional if you really, honestly, think this is the last Star Wars movie. We have read more than one interview that leaves the option open for further movies.

Sith is over, so the 3x Trilogy is done. Sure.

But I can't see greedy Disney leaving all of those potential movies, promo tools, rides, and figurines on the table. And books will never sell like movies in terms of extra stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                You are delusional if you really, honestly, think this is the last Star Wars movie. We have read more than one interview that leaves the option open for further movies.

Sith is over, so the 3x Trilogy is done. Sure.

But I can't see greedy Disney leaving all of those potential movies, promo tools, rides, and figurines on the table. And books will never sell like movies in terms of extra stuff.
                The Skywalker saga and these characters are done. And Sith is over? LOL. Sith were over in Episode 8 and JJ brought them back. As far as I can tell Sith and Jedi are forever now.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Disney already has December releases for 2020 and 2021 promised to big name directors. Even if it wanted to do a new Star Wars film the box office calendar doesn't work. The Mouse didn't move Mary Poppins for Solo, it isn't about to displace Spielberg (West Side Story) or Cameron (Avatar 2). Disney has numerous Star Wars projects in development already, it is only a question of which one gets greenlit for 2022. The Rian Johnson trilogy, Knights of the Old Republic, Baby Yoda/Mandalorian spin-off. The Kevin Feige film is also a possibility. Let him get his feet wet in the Star Wars universe before (speculation) he takes over LucasFilm when Kathleen Kennedy retires (/speculation). Disney also has Star Wars releases in December 2024 and 2026 (trading off with the Avatar sequels). Disney would need a powerful reason to change that schedule.

As for box office, Disney isn't too concerned. RoS will cross a billion and make the studio a profit. The real money comes in merchandise and the resorts. Even with Endgame, Lion King, Aladdin, Frozen II, Star Wars etc the studio will "only" record about $6 billion in revenue, about $2 billion in actual profit. The parks alone generate an annual profit of $25-27 billion. The difference between RoS making $1.2 and 1.4 billion may be a big deal to movie fans but to the bean counters it is a rounding error.

Comment

I didn't HATE episode 8 like a lot of people did, but I didn't like it either. Count me in as part of the group that thinks a lot of 8 shouldn't have happened, and should have been replaced with a good chunk of the first hour of 9.
                    the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                      It's too bad because of IX fails critically and at the box office it won't be because it's deserved it will be because VIII killed the franchise.
                      **** right on that.

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post

But.

There’s No doubt Finn is force sensitive. J.J. Followed up on that from 7. Too bad Rian Johnson was so far up his own *** that he refused to develop the characters so it had to be shoehorned into 9 as a side plot vs just slowly developing over 3 films.

Lando definitely has a huge backstory to tap into.

Maz as well.

Is this the end of the sith? I doubt that. There’s always a new megalomaniac lunatic thirsting for power and dominion.

There will be someone who follows Sidious or plageuis who comes forward in the future.

...here’s a thought though. How about storm troopers or sith troopers actually being deadly and killing 1/3 to 1/2 of the heroes? That would make them infinitely more intimidating and frightening. As it stands now they’re just a half step up from the dumb droid army in phantom menace.

Comment

Also, the novelization of Rise of Skywalker will be released 3 March. It will likely have backstory galore and answers to many questions you were left with by the film.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                            I didn't HATE episode 8 like a lot of people did, but I didn't like it either. Count me in as part of the group that thinks a lot of 8 shouldn't have happened, and should have been replaced with a good chunk of the first hour of 9.
                            Not having a plan for a trilogy and letting two completely different directors work on different plans and ideas was pure idiocy. It was like taking Zemeckis off Back to the Future and letting M. Night Shamalamadingdong do part 2 before going back for the third.
                            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              No it isnt. Di$ney will wait but there is no chance they leave the money on the table. Why you believe them on this one I will never know.

If it was the end of the Skywalker Saga they dont have Rey change her name.
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                                Also, the novelization of Rise of Skywalker will be released 3 March. It will likely have backstory galore and answers to many questions you were left with by the film.
                                Oh please no one but the uber geeks reads those. And then they contradict crap in those all the time when later movies come out. I always hate that cop out. (not attacking you just saying that is always the lazy excuse for movies that dont do a good job of telling the whole story)

And I was kidding when I said Di$ney would put out a movie next year...I think it will be longer than most people do. I dont believe the next trilogy will come out when it is slotted to. Even though this will make a billion it could make less than TLJ did (and Rogue One) which is problematic. Solo already proved that these films are no longer fail proof (because they put out so many of them) and if each successive film seems to do worse at the box office it would be smart to take as much time as needed to correct things. My guess is the new trilogy gets pushed back until 2024.

They will slow down and focus on the Disney+ stuff which is way more cost effective.
                                Last edited by Handyman; 12-21-2019, 11:31 AM.
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X