Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Wars IX: rumors, spoilers beware!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Star Wars IX: rumors, spoilers beware!!!

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    I’m interested in the novels, but can’t realistically expect to read the comic books.
    No, I don't read them either. I let Alex Damon and Ken Napzok keep me up to date. A video game might be cool, but I have found I can't play many modern games. I grew up with the old Atari 2600 joystick and the ColecoVision controller. I looked at the map for the controls of Battlefront II and there is just no way. I stick to sports games where I can't screw things up too badly.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
      No, I don't read them either. I let Alex Damon and Ken Napzok keep me up to date. A video game might be cool, but I have found I can't play many modern games. I grew up with the old Atari 2600 joystick and the ColecoVision controller. I looked at the map for the controls of Battlefront II and there is just no way. I stick to sports games where I can't screw things up too badly.
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This. I have a little more modern video gaming, but when it comes to the stuff like GTA, or Battlefield: Kill Them All that require 8 buttons to do anything, and combo pressing of buttons...I'm less skilled than a 3 year old.

I want a video game to be relaxing, and learning 836 different moves, depending on the buttons you push...not for me.

As far as the comics/novels...nah. I was only recently (relatively) convinced to watch The Mandalorian (which is kick arse), and still have held out on The Clone Wars. I'm pretty much a basic fan of the Star Wars Movies, and that's good enough for me.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This. I have a little more modern video gaming, but when it comes to the stuff like GTA, or Battlefield: Kill Them All that require 8 buttons to do anything, and combo pressing of buttons...I'm less skilled than a 3 year old.

I want a video game to be relaxing, and learning 836 different moves, depending on the buttons you push...not for me.

As far as the comics/novels...nah. I was only recently (relatively) convinced to watch The Mandalorian (which is kick arse), and still have held out on The Clone Wars. I'm pretty much a basic fan of the Star Wars Movies, and that's good enough for me.
        I tried to learn a few basic skill moves in FIFA and failed miserably. Watched YouTube videos and tried to emulate what I saw. Then I realized...I'm doing all this work to PLAY A FREAKING VIDEO GAME! Then logged off.

If you have a long commute or some free time, I would recommend giving the audio version of the books a try. They have great narration, full orchestration and all the sound effects. It's like watching a movie. I have a lot of downtime so it makes sense for me. If you don't then don't go out of your way.

Comment

I despise audio books, and to a lesser extent, podcasts. If I want talk radio, I'll listen to talk radio (and by that, I mean the 5-10 minutes of radio morning shows on a commute).
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

You’re missing out. Very few books are going to convey directly the author’s intent like listening to a podcast. Hardcore History’s Blueprint for Armageddon is a ****ing masterpiece. I don’t know if I’d compare it to The Second World War or The Third Reich (not sure there’s an equivalent for WWI) but my god, I’ve never heard or read anything like it.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              You’re missing out. Very few books are going to convey directly the author’s intent like listening to a podcast. Hardcore History’s Blueprint for Armageddon is a ****ing masterpiece. I don’t know if I’d compare it to The Second World War or The Third Reich (not sure there’s an equivalent for WWI) but my god, I’ve never heard or read anything like it.
              There's also the fact that of the books I read/have read, maybe 5% are fiction. I prefer non-fiction when it comes to that medium.

Comment

Working...
              X