Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Wars IX: rumors, spoilers beware!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Star Wars IX: rumors, spoilers beware!!!

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Star Wars X? Seriously?

Ugh.
    No matter how much separation from the first nine, this will be the general sentiment. Like Rogue One was considered Star Wars 3.5 or whatever.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
      No matter how much separation from the first nine, this will be the general sentiment. Like Rogue One was considered Star Wars 3.5 or whatever.
      From a timeline perspective it was.

Also they didn't affix a Roman numeral designation to Solo. For all we know X is nothing more than a tagging during these early stages of development to indicate it will be a 10th installment and leads to another trilogy, but will have nothing to do with the actual title used.
      Last edited by Slap Shot; 01-26-2020, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
        From a timeline perspective it was.

Also they didn't affix a Roman numeral designation to Solo. For all we know IX is nothing more than a tagging during these early stages of development to indicate it will be a 10th installment and leads to another trilogy, but will have nothing to do with the actual title used.
        It wasn't affixed, but the general fandom will affix it themselves, you know? Might as well roll with it. *shrug*
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

It wasn't affixed, but the general fandom will affix it themselves, you know? Might as well roll with it. *shrug*
          If from a timeline perspective the next trilogy doesn't follow IX they should move on from using it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
            It isn't a matter of not liking the news. I don't believe this is more than a fanboy's fever dream. And I don't care if George "Maclunkey" Lucas is upset with KK or Iger or Disney. What is more telling is that she is allowing Lucas to consult. She could tell Filoni to forget it, but Dave and George have a long history of collaboration and have created some great things. Its a sign of KK's ability as a producer that Lucas is in the loop at all.
            This. The click bait fancasting is so blatantly fake it defies imagination why anyone believes it.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
              Rogue One was part of the existing storyline.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Rogue One was part of the existing storyline.
                But, Star Wars is big enough overall, that the next movie will be generally referred to as Star Wars X. Storyline or not, the general public will call it that.

Comment

But, Star Wars is big enough overall, that the next movie will be generally referred to as Star Wars X. Storyline or not, the general public will call it that.
                  I didn't call Captain Marvel, Iron Man.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I would consider you more knowledgeable of such things than the general public (which includes me, btw).

Comment

Marvel didn't use a numbered naming convention except for the Iron Man and Guardians of the Galaxy movies...
                      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                      Originally posted by Quizmire
                      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Really looking forward to Marvel XXV!

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                          Really looking forward to Marvel XXV!
                          My favorites:

I
                          XVII
                          XXIV
                          VIII
                          XXVII
                          XI
                          IV
                          Not really I have no idea...

Comment

I'm copying this from an email I received today from Star Wars Books (starwars@e.randomhousebooks.com). If you're a SW reader, this is for you. If you're not, then just know that they're eliminating a period of time for current/near-future TV shows and movies, roughly 200 years prior to The Phantom Menace.

Lucasfilm to Launch
                            The High Republic Publishing Program

Later this year, Lucasfilm will launch an epic new era of Star Wars storytelling that will be explored through multiple voices in adult and young adult novels, children’s books, and comics from a variety of publishers including Disney Lucasfilm Press, Del Rey, IDW Publishing, and Marvel.

Star Wars: The High Republic, which has previously been referred to as “Project Luminous,” will be set in an era when the Galactic Republic and the Jedi Order are at their zenith, about 200 years before the events of Star Wars: The Phantom Menace. This period on the Star Wars timeline will not overlap any of the filmed features or series currently planned for production, giving creators and partners a vast amount of room to tell Star Wars stories with new adventures and original characters.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                              I'm copying this from an email I received today from Star Wars Books (starwars@e.randomhousebooks.com). If you're a SW reader, this is for you. If you're not, then just know that they're eliminating a period of time for current/near-future TV shows and movies, roughly 200 years prior to The Phantom Menace.
                              I'm very excited about this. I listen to the stories on Audible and love them. Right now these are just going to be books and comics, but LF said this is Phase I. If fans react well to these stories I could see them launching TV shows, video games and even a movie in several years.

Comment

I’m interested in the novels, but can’t realistically expect to read the comic books.
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X