Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Wars IX: rumors, spoilers beware!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Star Wars IX: rumors, spoilers beware!!!

Bladerunner sucks...yeah I said it!

But yeah he played roles we grew up with, as such he is kind of important. Beyond the franchise stuff though he is a mixed bag. I tend to like more than I dislike, but post Air Force One it his misses versus his hits are kinda staggering.

BTW Star Wars IX is now tracking to make $173 million domestic for the weekend, which is not a good number. (it is a profitable one so lets leave that out) The BO nerds are freaking out over this because now projections of less than a billion are in play. The holiday will probably save that from happening, but no matter how Di$ney spins it that is not a good thing.

I still wish I had some stock though Maybe if I win big in Vegas this week

edit: I dont think it will make less than a billion nor do I want it to because I love SW and liked the film. It is just interesting. I mean it is possible (not likely) that a low budget Joker film made by the guy who directed The Hangover could gross more than Episode IX. If we had said that at the beginning of the year we would have been committed BO can be fun to track
    Last edited by Handyman; 12-22-2019, 01:13 PM.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Saw this this morning, and finally able to read this thread.

I liked it. A LOT. The Palpatine twist was awesome, a true "holy sh*" moment. It kinda made everything else fall into place (the whole Reylo thing, with communicating, especially).

The Leia Jedi training, yeah, I also geeked out a little. Her arc was indeed darn near perfect, especially when her body disappeared only when Kylo's did.

In hindsight, the Kylo/Rey force battle for the Imperial ship...and lightning came out of Rey...only one other time have we seen that. Palpatine. "DUH" you say to yourself, once you think about it, but in the moment, at least for me, it was "oh, another evolved Jedi power...

Why was Rose even in this movie? Completely wasted her character; there could have been more there.

I've heard that there are many more movies to come, but this storyline is unfortunately done. It's going to be stuff like the Mandalorian. So same universe(s), but not involving these characters (according to an uber-geek friend of mine). I'm torn, because of much of what has been mentioned earlier in this thread (there is a TON of material to build on, while still shedding the 9 movies), but as the Mandelorian has shown, it's fiction. There is a ton of material that can be created from all the worlds that have been introduced in the movies overall.

I did like that the side banter/snark/humor dialogue was still present in this one. It was a trademark of all the previous Star Wars movies, and in the past, sometimes it fell a little flat. It was on point for this movie. Well done.

As the movie went on, I also got an Agent Smith/Neo vibe between Kylo and Rey. Balance of the Force. At one point I honestly thought they would off each other, thereby cancelling each other out, and Finn/Poe/etc would win the war on their own, and the Force would be dead (even if Finn has some Force within him, it's not Jedi/Sith levels).

I will definitely see it again, because I know I'll catch something or other on a repeat viewing. It was a fitting ending to this franchise as we know it.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Twist ending could have been when Ben got to the Rey, she is nearly lifeless but Palpatine’s force spirit begins to take over her body (because she killed him) so Ben holds the lightsaber behind her, and turns it on and kills her and him at the same time (so Palpatine can’t transfer to him). Ends the Skywalker and Palpatine bloodline and the Sith all at once.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
          Twist ending could have been when Ben got to the Rey, she is nearly lifeless but Palpatine’s force spirit begins to take over her body (because she killed him) so Ben holds the lightsaber behind her, and turns it on and kills her and him at the same time (so Palpatine can’t transfer to him). Ends the Skywalker and Palpatine bloodline and the Sith all at once.
          Did she? Seems like the way it happened is that she let Palpatine kill himself by just reflecting his assault on her. And she also gains by not "hating" and killing him- and also directing her energy to the dark side. Just like how Luke could not kill his father in RotJ. But Luke had no way to protect himself, whereas Rey had two light sabers to do it.

(which raises an interesting force question, why didn't Palpatine feel Aniken coming up from behind and throwing him over the side?)

Still- if someone shoots you, and you have something that can reflect the shot back to the shooter, thus killing that person- who did it? That's why I don't see Rey killing Palpatine as much as he killed himself.

Comment

That's one of the big things about the series of movies. Some of the people are basically "all knowing," yet they miss the obvious stuff. I let it go. Don't want to over-analyze, I just want to enjoy the movie.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Just like how I had a hard time believing Snoke couldn't tell Kylo was going to kill him instead of Rey. Now that I know that it was Palpatine that made him, it makes sense. Moron.
              the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                Just like how I had a hard time believing Snoke couldn't tell Kylo was going to kill him instead of Rey. Now that I know that it was Palpatine that made him, it makes sense. Moron.
                Truth. And then there are the "half-truths." The future does become true, but not in the way you think....

Like, in the first trilogy, Luke's father is dead......in a way.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                  Did she? Seems like the way it happened is that she let Palpatine kill himself by just reflecting his assault on her. And she also gains by not "hating" and killing him- and also directing her energy to the dark side. Just like how Luke could not kill his father in RotJ. But Luke had no way to protect himself, whereas Rey had two light sabers to do it.

(which raises an interesting force question, why didn't Palpatine feel Aniken coming up from behind and throwing him over the side?)

Still- if someone shoots you, and you have something that can reflect the shot back to the shooter, thus killing that person- who did it? That's why I don't see Rey killing Palpatine as much as he killed himself.
                  I agree she didn’t kill him, I was just throwing a possible twist out there that would have really ended the storyline because the Skywalker sand Palpatines would have ended.

During the scene I figured Ben would come in to save the day and kill Palpatine and sacrifice himself in the process

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                    I agree she didn’t kill him, I was just throwing a possible twist out there that would have really ended the storyline because the Skywalker sand Palpatines would have ended.

During the scene I figured Ben would come in to save the day and kill Palpatine and sacrifice himself in the process
                    He kinda did.

But Palpatine was killed by Rey. It was his own doing, but she was the one deflecting towards him, so she is responsible. That being said, it was for a noble cause, so no evil/Dark Side involved.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzG3m-ZW198

Cool video on the Rey Palpatine theory long before the movie came out.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

4th trilogy news
                        https://youtu.be/FBVnjEFuzII

In talks with Anthony Hopkins? Holy **** that would be great!

Also, as someone else called it earlier, Disney is moving Star Wars in a Marvel direction to have multiple tv shows and stand alone movies that will eventually connect to a trilogy at some point.
                        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Perhaps I missed it here, but reading some reporters' accounts, Finn was not going to tell Rey that he loved her. Instead, his reveal was to say that he's Force sensitive. This is per a Q&A with J.J. Abrams. Abrams then chose to not have Finn disclose that prior to the end of the movie just to mess with people.

I've read that same thing in three spots, so I guess it's true. Such is life.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                            Yes, the books are for us uber geeks. We were ticked off by the Rey-Poe 'meeting' at the end of TLJ since they already met and talked in the TFA novel. And Chewbacca already has his medal from Yavin IV, he just wanted to receive his quietly rather than have a ceremony like Han and Luke. He didn't need Maz to give him one. This isn't just a Disney thing. There's a whole different beginning to the first film that was left on the cutting room floor but is included in the novelization. Wampas play a much bigger role in ESB than we see on film. Don't get me started on Yoda's skin color.
                            I thought that was more along the line of Maz giving Chewie a keepsake of Han's, not awarding him some medal he didn't receive when he earned it.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                              I thought that was more along the line of Maz giving Chewie a keepsake of Han's, not awarding him some medal he didn't receive when he earned it.
                              I've read that speculated as well. I can go along with that...just one more thing to wonder though...why does Maz have Han's medal?

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                              Perhaps I missed it here, but reading some reporters' accounts, Finn was not going to tell Rey that he loved her. Instead, his reveal was to say that he's Force sensitive. This is per a Q&A with J.J. Abrams. Abrams then chose to not have Finn disclose that prior to the end of the movie just to mess with people.

I've read that same thing in three spots, so I guess it's true. Such is life.
                              He wanted to tell her he had saved 15% on his car insurance.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                                I've read that speculated as well. I can go along with that...just one more thing to wonder though...why does Maz have Han's medal?
                                Couldn't it be Luke's? I really don't know. I think it is probably Han's. Did Leia have it again? Did Han trade it to Maz at some point? Who knows.
                                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Working...
                                X