Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Wars IX: rumors, spoilers beware!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Reactions have been good. It appears JJ went back to the Force Awakens formula. Just do everything in a way to placate the majority of fans. No big surprises. No subversion. Just placate everyone so it ultimately ends up being boring with nothing to discuss after it's over except, well, that was pretty good.
    If J.J. Delivers comfort food i’m Buying!!!

The leaks disturbed me. One in particular but he was painted into a corner really.

Next trilogy Filoni or Favreau or whomever can go nuts. Finally rid themselves of the Skywalker shadow.
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      Ewoks or I riot!!!
      🤣🤣🤣

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

• Re: Star Wars IX: rumors, spoilers beware!!!

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
        If J.J. Delivers comfort food i’m Buying!!!

The leaks disturbed me. One in particular but he was painted into a corner really.

Next trilogy Filoni or Favreau or whomever can go nuts. Finally rid themselves of the Skywalker shadow.
        I'm going in expecting comfort food. Which will be ok, so was Endgame, but frankly comfort food is pretty dull at this point.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Transplanted Tiger Fan View Post
          All-set for tomorrow (Thursday) night, here. Couldn't get a good seat for the 6:00pm showing, so had to settle for the 6:30pm show. I'll let you know all about it! (just kidding!)

Mixed emotions on this one. I was fortunate enough to see the original when it came-out (I was 9, and it was essentially "life-changing"!). Now here I am at 52, and once again fortunate enough to see it come to an end, the main story arc at least. But the best part is, I will be seeing it with "the Boy", who was born one-month before Episode I was released, and in his childhood also found the same love for the story that I grew-up (and old) with. He and I have seen every episode and "side-story" in the theaters together since the release of Episode III (except Solo), so this final episode is bitter-sweet. My ticket is his Christmas [Solstice ] gift to me this year. I will try to hold-back the tears.

Cheers!!!
          ~TTF
          I have a similar story. My Uncle took 5-year old solo to see Star Wars in 77 and i’ve Been hooked since.

Right now The Mandalorian and whatever Filoni or Favreau May be doing on a 4th trilogy has me excited for the future.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            I'm going in expecting comfort food. Which will be ok, so was Endgame, but frankly comfort food is pretty dull at this point.
            You’re right...it is redundant and a tad boring to stay within the lines. I fully expect future movies to set their own templates however,...we’ll see.

Comment

Originally posted by Transplanted Tiger Fan View Post
              All-set for tomorrow (Thursday) night, here. Couldn't get a good seat for the 6:00pm showing, so had to settle for the 6:30pm show. I'll let you know all about it! (just kidding!)

Mixed emotions on this one. I was fortunate enough to see the original when it came-out (I was 9, and it was essentially "life-changing"!). Now here I am at 52, and once again fortunate enough to see it come to an end, the main story arc at least. But the best part is, I will be seeing it with "the Boy", who was born one-month before Episode I was released, and in his childhood also found the same love for the story that I grew-up (and old) with. He and I have seen every episode and "side-story" in the theaters together since the release of Episode III (except Solo), so this final episode is bitter-sweet. My ticket is his Christmas [Solstice ] gift to me this year. I will try to hold-back the tears.

Cheers!!!
              ~TTF
              I missed this the first time, but we are the same age. I saw New Hope 3 times in the theater including talking my cousin into going for his birthday party.

And I too am going with my boys, the younger of which (15) is a mega-fan who unlike me has read several of the books and watched all the series that have been offered over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                I missed this the first time, but we are the same age. I saw New Hope 3 times in the theater including talking my cousin into going for his birthday party.

And I too am going with my boys, the younger of which (15) is a mega-fan who unlike me has read several of the books and watched all the series that have been offered over the years.
                I was a newborn when my mom dragged me into the theaters to see Star Wars (no episode number). I slept through the whole thing. I was a 3yo when I slept through Empire, and I was in awe both time I watched Jedi at age 6.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                  I was a newborn when my mom dragged me into the theaters to see Star Wars (no episode number). I slept through the whole thing. I was a 3yo when I slept through Empire, and I was in awe both time I watched Jedi at age 6.
                  Haha.

We took our first son (now 17) to a few matinees when he was a baby because he never fussed and would sit in his little (jeezuz I can't even remember that they're called now) basket or whatever in a seat next to us and never make a peep.

He did later develop colic for a few months and it put an end to that practice.

Comment

If Di$ney makes another trilogy in the next few years it will prove they have no idea what they are doing with this franchise. The problem isnt the Skywalker story it is that they never let the universe rest or the fans to get a break. That isnt going to change just because the protagonist does.

They are already putting out one series with Kenobi coming out soon as well. Let the films take a few years off then start developing something. There needs to be a gap to let the fans desire it more. Make it seem more unique.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      If Di$ney makes another trilogy in the next few years it will prove they have no idea what they are doing with this franchise. The problem isnt the Skywalker story it is that they never let the universe rest or the fans to get a break. That isnt going to change just because the protagonist does.

They are already putting out one series with Kenobi coming out soon as well. Let the films take a few years off then start developing something. There needs to be a gap to let the fans desire it more. Make it seem more unique.
                      The Star Wars people are looking across the office at Marvel however, and seeing 22 movies in 11 years at an average gross of like $700 million each and wondering how they can do the same. That is the sole reason why you will not see the brakes applied to this train.

What they are hoping for is that the next project will be the one that ignites the bonfire, despite the previous attempts just smoldering and eventually burning out. I'm not saying that you are wrong in your line of thought. I just don't think that the decision makers will be able to admit defeat and say that they can't come to the table with a financial windfall within the next couple of years. It's like a degenerate gambler who is just 1 draw away from the win that will turn the corner.
                      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Handy what do you mean by course correction? I think I know relative to how badly they took the story from 7 to 8, but am curious.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                          Handy what do you mean by course correction? I think I know relative to how badly they took the story from 7 to 8, but am curious.
                          I havent seen it I just have seen that they tried to win back the fans turned off by Episode 8 and by possibly involving more OT characters. Sounds like a lot of fan service and a mish mash story. I wont know for sure though til I see it...

And Star Wars isnt Marvel and again if Di$ney thinks it is they are out to lunch. The Marvel films are based on comic books which come out every month and have done so for decades. The stories the films are based on are geared towards an ongoing narrative. Marvel is Star Trek, not Star Wars.

Star Wars was great because there was only a few movies and the rest of the EU (the now aptly named LEGENDS) was there but of no real consequence. Since there wasnt 5 trilogies coming out they could put out a Trilogy of books or a comic series and not have it really change anything. The overall canon was fluid it didnt matter. For 15 years there wasnt even a new film. The lore grew and the longer it took (and the more times TBS or USA showed it on TV) the more people were dying for it. Phantom Menace could have been George Lucas ****ing on Yoda while Obiwon sat in a corner stroking his lightsaber and it would have made booku bucks. Absence made the heart grow fonder.

Now not so much. None of the movies have any real identity, and almost all of them are plagued by incoherent narratives. Directors and writers flip flop all of the time (Solo and Rogue One literally had two versions made and mashed together) and in an effort to expand the universe Marvel Style they never had a clear idea where they are going and so it just kind of goes nowhere. Even worse, they never had any of the Expanded Universe films push the narrative forward (which is where Marvel Studios made its bones and the only reason it worked...one long cohesive vision) they were one off stories that went nowhere. If they were smart, they would push back the New Saga again and let the TV side make shows for a while and get people to WANT another trilogy.

Even though I never really liked Phantom Menace when the credits started and we saw the scroll my heart raced. I was 3 when my dad took me to ROTJ so I dont remember it. It was glorious to me. (not the movie itself though) Now, I can see that every year or two and it just barely phases me. I said on this board that would be what happens when the sale went through and here we are. My group of friends who all love Star Wars are done with it...I am literally the only one going to see it. Sad really...

Dont get me wrong they will make a buttload off it though so I guess they win in the end.

But I am going in hoping to love it. Star Wars is special to me and I dont want this to be my last impression of it. I have no interest in the Mandalorian or Kenobi (at least not now) so I want this to end right.
                          Last edited by Handyman; 12-18-2019, 07:37 PM.
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I expect GOT/Endgame type of ending. It will not be a Watchmen kind of ending. And that is disappointing. I won't be too excited about the next installment. Star Wars was never really my bag in the first place. 7 got me excited about some things. 8 really got me excited about some things. But the vilification of 8 cements that 9 will be exactly what I expect. And that makes me *yawn*. Much like I did when GOT ended.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              But I am going in hoping to love it. Star Wars is special to me and I dont want this to be my last impression of it. I have no interest in the Mandalorian or Kenobi (at least not now) so I want this to end right.
                              The former completely resonates with me, although unlike with all other non-film SW offerings I have given Mandalorian a try and have enjoyed it.

Comment

I might watch it at some point it just isn't on my to do list for now.
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X