Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Wars IX: rumors, spoilers beware!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Star Wars IX: rumors, spoilers beware!!!

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
    From the-numbers.com

1 Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker $90,000,000 $20,427 (per theater)
    4 Cats $2,620,000 $775 (per theater)

Disney pegged RoS for a $160 million domestic opening. Tracking put it at $175-200 million. Ouch for Cats.
    No they didnt. That is the BS "safe" number they put out. (so if it underperforms it looks ok and if it does better they have a fun headline Every studio does that. There is no chance they were expecting it to open under $200 million when TLJ opened at $220. You know better than that

The box office board I go to is having a field day with this film. If it opens below $190 there might be a war over there. So much fun since I have zero invested in the film. (the mediocre cinemascore and the overseas underperforming has them going crazy)

On another topic the title name was stupid, but it does fit with both Ben's redemption and Rey's changing her name. Still dumb though And yeah I do like that Rey is the "Balance". And it doesnt even necessarily contradict Anakin's story because his fall lead to all of this. If Anakin doesnt become Vader none of this happens.

And i still smile thinking about them kissing and then him dying. SUCK IT REYLO SHIPPERS!!
    Last edited by Handyman; 12-21-2019, 01:46 PM.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Just wait until they do the animated versions of the live action adaptations of the animated movies.
      I am waiting for the inevitable "Star Wars Episode XIII: The Destruction of Thanos". Only half kidding

This will then lead to the the offshoot film "Baby Yoda vs. Groot"
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
        The Rise or Skywalker title is the same use as The Return of the Jedi. Skywalker didn’t reference Rey, it was Kylo rediscovering his Skywalker Jedi roots, tossing aside his Vader designs. At the end of ROTJ, the Jedi returned was Anakin, not Luke taking up the mantle.
        I'm not referencing the series what so ever- I'm pointing out that the specific use of those words is not a good way to end all movies. It may end one chapter, but its not over at all. The word "rise" means an upswing, not a conclusion.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
          Not to be 'that guy' but who is the source for this information?

I have never heard a word of this. My sources include Disney, Star Wars News Net, the Force Center Podcast, Star Wars Explained, Collider Jedi Council and Entertainment Weekly (which seems to have become Disney's unofficial PR firm)
          Mike Zeroh. I don’t Like his attitude but every leak he put forth on ROS was true so I trust his sources whomever they are:

https://youtu.be/o2iXgq-keNw
          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
            I'm not referencing the series what so ever- I'm pointing out that the specific use of those words is not a good way to end all movies. It may end one chapter, but its not over at all. The word "rise" means an upswing, not a conclusion.
            Sure. Perhaps they continue on with the new cast, but I get the impression those actors are ready for it to be done. Fans of Star Wars movies have a history of being more intrusive and ruthless than others.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              No they didnt. That is the BS "safe" number they put out. (so if it underperforms it looks ok and if it does better they have a fun headline Every studio does that. There is no chance they were expecting it to open under $200 million when TLJ opened at $220. You know better than that

The box office board I go to is having a field day with this film. If it opens below $190 there might be a war over there. So much fun since I have zero invested in the film. (the mediocre cinemascore and the overseas underperforming has them going crazy)
              It's still the number Disney gave. We all know why it said that, but that's what it said. TFA Friday was $119, TLJ was $104 and this was $90. Still on track for third-best December ever. The strike price at HSX was $220 so that seems like a very profitable PUT option. However, the stock is priced for a $189 open which is almost spot on.

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                Mike Zeroh. I don’t Like his attitude but every leak he put forth on ROS was true so I trust his sources whomever they are:

https://youtu.be/o2iXgq-keNw
                I won't hold my breath waiting for Keanu to appear in a KOTOR trilogy.

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                Sure. Perhaps they continue on with the new cast, but I get the impression those actors are ready for it to be done. Fans of Star Wars movies have a history of being more intrusive and ruthless than others.
                Not Boyega. He's down to start shooting tomorrow. He's all set to be the next Jedi

Most of them are happy to be done with Star Wars, but when Disney parks a Brinks truck in their driveway in a decade or two, they'll all come back.

Comment

They always do...especially if they have nothing else to fall back on.

With the way they did his character in this series though I am not sure I would trust them. Good lord it's almost like they saw how the trolls redacted online to him in the first trailer for TFA and decided just to never let him do anything of value besides yell a lot. Oh and pine for Rey

And LOL at the KOTOR rumors
                  -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    They always do...especially if they have nothing else to fall back on.
                    I wonder how much they paid Harrison Ford. $Texas?

Comment

I wonder how much they paid Harrison Ford. $Texas?
                      Probably bought him a fleet of planes/copters. Plus to be honest his movie choices the last 2 decades havent been inspiring
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I also think TROS is the end of this particular storyline. There may be one-offs but there will not be a X.

Comment

I've never figured out why people think Harrison Ford is anything special. He's a one-note actor good at playing one type of character, and like Handy pointed out, he can't even make good movie choices to do his one trope in anymore.

Comment

I dont know that I would call him one note...but he is not what I would call deeply talented either. He has a lot of charisma which makes up for his lack of acting chops.

And he is still the best of all the Jack Ryans
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              I've never figured out why people think Harrison Ford is anything special. He's a one-note actor good at playing one type of character, and like Handy pointed out, he can't even make good movie choices to do his one trope in anymore.
                              Because he was Han Solo, Indiana Jones and Rick Deckard. He was a huge part of our childhood.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                                Because he was Han Solo, Indiana Jones and Rick Deckard. He was a huge part of our childhood.
                                Add in Dr. Richard Kimball and you nailed it.

Comment

Working...
                                X