Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Wars IX: rumors, spoilers beware!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Star Wars IX: rumors, spoilers beware!!!

Agree about the comment below about not thinking about the details.

Rewatch the emperors demise at the end of ROTJ.... he was vaporized and then the Death Star exploded.... so it is stupid to bring him back... but whatever. Enjoy the movie for what it is I guess.

Comment

It's definitely better than 8. Agreed Finn's character was wasted. Also agree it was lame to bring back Palpatine as the final boss, and then there was that godd@mn fcking beam of light/sky portal/etc. trope I knew was gonna happen 3 minutes before it did, but whatever. Also, force healing is a thing now?
      Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 01-05-2020, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        It's definitely better than 8. Agreed Finn's character was wasted. Also agree it was lame to bring back Palpatine as the final boss, and then there was that godd@mn fcking beam of light/sky portal/etc. trope I knew was gonna happen 3 minutes before it did, but whatever. Also, force healing is a thing now?
        It's Sci-Fi. One line of dialogue or one simple action...boomfixed.

Think back to "Thank You For Not Smoking:"
        Jeff Megall : [in his office] Sony has a futuristic sci-fi movie they're looking to make.

Nick Naylor : Cigarettes in space?

Jeff Megall : It's the final frontier, Nick.

Nick Naylor : But wouldn't they blow up in an all oxygen environment?

Jeff Megall : Probably. But it's an easy fix. One line of dialogue. 'Thank God we invented the... you know, whatever device.'
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
          It's Sci-Fi. One line of dialogue or one simple action...boomfixed.

Think back to "Thank You For Not Smoking:"
          Jeff Megall : [in his office] Sony has a futuristic sci-fi movie they're looking to make.

Nick Naylor : Cigarettes in space?

Jeff Megall : It's the final frontier, Nick.

Nick Naylor : But wouldn't they blow up in an all oxygen environment?

Jeff Megall : Probably. But it's an easy fix. One line of dialogue. 'Thank God we invented the... you know, whatever device.'
          Deus ex machina. Lord knows Star Wars has always been chronic violator of that trope.

I mean, I guess Palps did technically tell Anakin that Plageius the Wise could stop people from dying, but I always assumed that was a lie he planted to turn him.
          Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 01-05-2020, 09:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            Also, force healing is a thing now?
            Has been since 1977. Or did you think Obi-Wan was just waking Luke from a nap after the Sand People attacked?

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
              Has been since 1977. Or did you think Obi-Wan was just waking Luke from a nap after the Sand People attacked?
              In all fairness, it has been awhile since I saw the original trilogy.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                That is exactly what I thought. That is also what everyone I know thought. I have never heard it suggested he "Force Healed" him.

I dont much care about it but it did sort of come out of left field so Mary Rey could show she is even cooler than you thought!!
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  That is exactly what I thought. That is also what everyone I know thought. I have never heard it suggested he "Force Healed" him.

I dont much care about it but it did sort of come out of left field so Mary Rey could show she is even cooler than you thought!!
                  I didn't have a problem with it and didn't think it came out of left field either. 8 established the force as all powerful, and I always figured Obi-Wan healed Luke with the force. It all flowed as far as I was concerned.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

first he touches his wrist and then he gently places his hand over Luke's head and meditates for a moment (until he hears R2 and looks up). That's an odd way to wake someone up

Comment

Well he was just attacked by "Sand People" after buying robots from midgets in robes. I mean...
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Well he was just attacked by "Sand People" after buying robots from midgets in robes. I mean...
                        And he had just floated across the desert in a "speeder" so...

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                          Also, Rey has ALL of the Jedi books so she could have read up on how to force heal?
                          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                            Also, Rey has ALL of the Jedi books so she could have read up on how to force heal?
                            No, she has all of the Jedi books from Ahch-To. The Jedi had a massive library at their temple, per those horrible prequel movies. Obi-Wan made a visit there, if you remember. Rey doesn't have those.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                              She has the "sacred Jedi texts"

I haven't seen this theory but I'm sure it is out there: When we see him at the end of TPM, Obi-Wan does not use the healing ability to save Qui-Gon Jinn. There are two possible reasons for that: He didn't know about the ability. He knew about it, but Jedi were not permitted to use it. During the infamous opera scene in RotS, Palpatine tells Anakin that he can learn how to save people but "not from a Jedi." It may have been viewed as "unnatural." In his time on Tatooine watching over Luke, Obi-Wan may have decided that - unnatural or not - he was going to use that ability if the situation ever arose again. When Luke is wounded (perhaps fatally) by Sand People, Obi-Wan uses the ability to heal him.

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                                No, she has all of the Jedi books from Ahch-To. The Jedi had a massive library at their temple, per those horrible prequel movies. Obi-Wan made a visit there, if you remember. Rey doesn't have those.
                                Not sure what this means...there were movies outside of the OG trilogy and these new sequels???

😂😂😂
                                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X