Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Wars IX: rumors, spoilers beware!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Star Wars IX: rumors, spoilers beware!!!

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    No it isnt. Di$ney will wait but there is no chance they leave the money on the table. Why you believe them on this one I will never know.

If it was the end of the Skywalker Saga they dont have Rey change her name.
    Well, that's certainly exciting. I can hardly wait.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

A point of clarification on my post... I typed “The End” in my post because for me, personally, this is essentially the end. Sure, if more movies come-out, fine... I will see them. But this was it... after 42 years, it has to be! I just wanted to live long enough to bite that carrot that has been dangling there in front of me for years. I bit it, it was good, and I am satisfied. Done... “The End”. Anything more is just bonus.

As for Rey taking the Skywalker name, with all the inquiries to her surname, it was obviously important to the culture(s). Therefore, there is no greater slap in the face than to renounce your lineage, and that was without doubt one major bitch-slap to Palpatine. All I thought when I saw it was, "Nice!".

And just to get all philosophical, I am going to just throw this grenade out there and run-away for a bit... Palaptine was the Chosen One. He brought balance to the force. With the Sith gone, the pendulum has swung completely to one side, and there is no more “balance”. Put a few beers on that thought!

Cheers!!!
      ~TTF
      Dave
      RIT - '90

Comment

Originally posted by Transplanted Tiger Fan View Post
        A point of clarification on my post... I typed “The End” in my post because for me, personally, this is essentially the end. Sure, if more movies come-out, fine... I will see them. But this was it... after 42 years, it has to be! I just wanted to live long enough to bite that carrot that has been dangling there in front of me for years. I bit it, it was good, and I am satisfied. Done... “The End”. Anything more is just bonus.

As for Rey taking the Skywalker name, with all the inquiries to her surname, it was obviously important to the culture(s). Therefore, there is no greater slap in the face than to renounce your lineage, and that was without doubt one major bitch-slap to Palpatine. All I thought when I saw it was, "Nice!".

And just to get all philosophical, I am going to just throw this grenade out there and run-away for a bit... Palaptine was the Chosen One. He brought balance to the force. With the Sith gone, the pendulum has swung completely to one side, and there is no more “balance”. Put a few beers on that thought!

Cheers!!!
        ~TTF
        Amen on being alive to get to see the ending. I agree. As for the "balance" argument you could argue that Rey is both Sith and Jedi (she obviously has Sith powers) thus she fulfills the prophecy on her own. I have no issue with her taking the name of Skywalker but it's pretty sad that she had to have a lineage because otherwise it was too mind blowing for the fanboi's to figure out how she got her power. And immaculate conception didn't have to have anything to do with it either.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I'm on board for a Kenobi movie or two. I don't really want them to try and tie things in or answer questions, though. Just want to see him kick *** and break Jedi rules left and right while doing so, as he does in books and the animated series. Always liked McGregor.
          the state of hockey is good

Comment

Oh please no one but the uber geeks reads those. And then they contradict crap in those all the time when later movies come out. I always hate that cop out. (not attacking you just saying that is always the lazy excuse for movies that dont do a good job of telling the whole story)

And I was kidding when I said Di$ney would put out a movie next year...I think it will be longer than most people do. I dont believe the next trilogy will come out when it is slotted to. Even though this will make a billion it could make less than TLJ did (and Rogue One) which is problematic. Solo already proved that these films are no longer fail proof (because they put out so many of them) and if each successive film seems to do worse at the box office it would be smart to take as much time as needed to correct things. My guess is the new trilogy gets pushed back until 2024.

They will slow down and focus on the Disney+ stuff which is way more cost effective.
            There is no release date scheduled for the new trilogy. It is just three release dates. We all thought it would be the Rian Johnson trilogy, or later the Dan & Dave series. It could easily be three separate movies telling three separate stories. My current expectation is that the Johnson trilogy gets pushed to Disney+ instead of theatrical. The streaming service will produce a bigger revenue stream for Disney than theatrical by the end of next year. There probably won't be a new theatrical trilogy for a decade or more. Whether that's the continuation of the Skywalker saga or a whole new trilogy is anyone's guess, but the Skywalker saga is NOT over. It's going to skip a generation like the previous trilogies.

Yes, the books are for us uber geeks. We were ticked off by the Rey-Poe 'meeting' at the end of TLJ since they already met and talked in the TFA novel. And Chewbacca already has his medal from Yavin IV, he just wanted to receive his quietly rather than have a ceremony like Han and Luke. He didn't need Maz to give him one. This isn't just a Disney thing. There's a whole different beginning to the first film that was left on the cutting room floor but is included in the novelization. Wampas play a much bigger role in ESB than we see on film. Don't get me started on Yoda's skin color.

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
              Not enough Lando.
              This is all any review needs to say.
              the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                As for the "balance" argument you could argue that Rey is both Sith and Jedi (she obviously has Sith powers) thus she fulfills the prophecy on her own. I have no issue with her taking the name of Skywalker but it's pretty sad that she had to have a lineage because otherwise it was too mind blowing for the fanboi's to figure out how she got her power. And immaculate conception didn't have to have anything to do with it either.
                You don't know why, but you hit the nail on the head. (NERD ALERT) Rey IS the balance of the Force. Whether she's THE chosen one is up for interpretation, but she is the balance. This is revealed at the very end when she lights up her new lightsaber and the blade is white. Those are new to the films, but us uber geeks who know the background material recognize this as the blade of someone who is neither Sith nor Jedi. She probably crafted it herself by retrieving Ben's red lightsaber from the ocean and purifying the Kyber crystal within.

And yes, the fan service in this film was off the charts.

Comment

From the-numbers.com

1 Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker $90,000,000 $20,427 (per theater)
                  4 Cats $2,620,000 $775 (per theater)

Despite earning weaker-than-expected reviews, Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker is going to have no trouble topping my prediction for the weekend, as it earned an estimated $90 million on Friday, putting it on pace for $190 million over the full weekend.
                  Disney pegged RoS for a $160 million domestic opening. Tracking put it at $175-200 million. Ouch for Cats.

Comment

There is a new trilogy in the works. Director to be named in January. Likely Filoni or Favreau. It’s also highly likely this will be an old republic story. Keanu Reeves is in negotiations now with Lucasfilm.
                    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                      There is a new trilogy in the works. Director to be named in January. Likely Filoni or Favreau. It’s also highly likely this will be an old republic story. Keanu Reeves is in negotiations now with Lucasfilm.
                      Not to be 'that guy' but who is the source for this information?

I have never heard a word of this. My sources include Disney, Star Wars News Net, the Force Center Podcast, Star Wars Explained, Collider Jedi Council and Entertainment Weekly (which seems to have become Disney's unofficial PR firm)

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        Well, that's certainly exciting. I can hardly wait.
                        Please note: I am not advocating they do it. But Di$ney has proven they have no new ideas for anything and will milk every dollar out of every fanbase they can. You really think they wont find a way to bring back the "New Friends" and cross them over with Baby Yoda? Di$ney is George Lucas on steroids.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Please note: I am not advocating they do it. But Di$ney has proven they have no new ideas for anything and will milk every dollar out of every fanbase they can. You really think they wont find a way to bring back the "New Friends" and cross them over with Baby Yoda? Di$ney is George Lucas on steroids.
                          Just wait until they do the animated versions of the live action adaptations of the animated movies.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                            Way to many open questions for this to be the last Star Wars ever. Let alone the NAME of the movie- the RISE of Skywalker? Rise? You can't end a series with a rise and no follow up.
                            The Rise or Skywalker title is the same use as The Return of the Jedi. Skywalker didn’t reference Rey, it was Kylo rediscovering his Skywalker Jedi roots, tossing aside his Vader designs. At the end of ROTJ, the Jedi returned was Anakin, not Luke taking up the mantle.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                              There is no release date scheduled for the new trilogy. It is just three release dates. We all thought it would be the Rian Johnson trilogy, or later the Dan & Dave series. It could easily be three separate movies telling three separate stories. My current expectation is that the Johnson trilogy gets pushed to Disney+ instead of theatrical. The streaming service will produce a bigger revenue stream for Disney than theatrical by the end of next year. There probably won't be a new theatrical trilogy for a decade or more. Whether that's the continuation of the Skywalker saga or a whole new trilogy is anyone's guess, but the Skywalker saga is NOT over. It's going to skip a generation like the previous trilogies.

Yes, the books are for us uber geeks. We were ticked off by the Rey-Poe 'meeting' at the end of TLJ since they already met and talked in the TFA novel. And Chewbacca already has his medal from Yavin IV, he just wanted to receive his quietly rather than have a ceremony like Han and Luke. He didn't need Maz to give him one. This isn't just a Disney thing. There's a whole different beginning to the first film that was left on the cutting room floor but is included in the novelization. Wampas play a much bigger role in ESB than we see on film. Don't get me started on Yoda's skin color.
                              I remember reading the Original Series books (when I was reading the trilogies that Di$ney decided shouldnt exist now because...reasons) and loving them way more than the movies. (and I WORSHIP the OT can literally say it line for line) Hell the introduction of Vader was just so awesome to read. Hell I think they explain Han and Chewie's relationship better as well. (the Life Debt stuff plus Chewie's backstory)

The difference was the OT told enough of a story that the novelization added to it, it wasnt needed to make things make sense. There is a whole book needed to tell the stuff missing/contradictory from TLJ and ROTS. Plus another one to explain what happened in the interim. The sequel trilogy is just a narrative disaster. Lots of cool moments but ultimately not rewatchable at all because it just doesnt feel right or even complete. The arcs just kind of go nowhere. I shouldnt have to read a book to make that untrue.

They had no idea where they were going when they made Episode 7 and that caused all of this.
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                                This is all any review needs to say.
                                Seeing the real Lando instead of Donald Glover do a droid humping Lando Impression was nice.

I still maintain Solo is the proof Di$ney has no plan to jettison the old characters. Solo would have been a decent film if they hadnt made it about Solo himself. The mischaracterization of Han Solo and Lando ruined that film. It was shoehorned in and just sucked. If it was a story of how the Smugglers dealt with the Empire and the Rebellion with new characters (and a decent budget) it could have been fun as heck. The second they made it about Han Solo it was doomed.
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X