Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Wars IX: rumors, spoilers beware!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Wars IX: rumors, spoilers beware!!!

If you’ve read the title don’t yell at me if you jump in here and read something that may spoil episode 9 for you. You’ve been warned!!!
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Re: Star Wars IX: rumors, spoilers beware!!!

So...

Rumors that I tend to believe.
    The Knights Of Ren are a big part of this movie and it’s possible because there is a new villain that one of the Knights turns on Kylo.

Reylo is happening.

Lando has a big role, the screen time that would have been Leia’s essentially. He was in principal photography for over 2 months.

Hux is a double agent. He informs the resistance and attempts to splinter the first order to follow him vs Ren. There is a small chance he’s aiding Snoke to hunt down and kill Rey and Ren.

Snoke is alive. Either because he’s Darth Plegius or something we don’t know yet. The connection between Rey/Ren was unbroken at the end of TLJ which was a big hint of Snoke’s status.

There will be a deeper dive into what the force is including the world of force ghosts which will be explored a bit. Both Rey and Ren will learn about the nature/history of the force and Jedi/sith lore.

Snoke’s scars? He made the mistake of taking on Skywalker. I think this will be actually shown in a flashback.

Sounds like Grand Admiral Thrawn comes in at some point and that may be what drives Rey and Ren together. That or fighting Snoke??

There’s a lot more including at least one big character perishing and everything i’m Hearing makes it sound like Abrams has gone Francis Coppola Apocalyspe Now BIG in this movie. He’s out to fix VIII and tie all the movies together while also explaining the histryof the force.

This will be a wild ride. Could be 2 movies or one very long movie.

Oh...the allied landing at Normandy beach is an inspiration for one sequence...

Also, evidently in the books for both TFA and TLJ they go into Snoke whispering to both Rey and Ren at different times in their heads. At one point I think in the forest in TFA he tells Rey to kill Ren...

Anyway...I can’t wait. Trailer drops April 11
    Last edited by solovsfett; 02-14-2019, 10:30 AM.
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Most of those rumors are old...and sound like bad fanfiction. (they have circulated since TLJ was still in theaters) The fact that someone said Abrams is going "Apocalypse Now" on it should be your first clue. That isnt his style.

There is a lot of wishful thinking in those, stuff that makes no sense based on what JJ gave Rian to work with in TLJ. If Snoke fought Skywalker they would have hinted at it in TLJ or TFA. Plus that makes Luke look even worse for ditching the galaxy knowing Snoke is around. It wouldnt be like Kenobi and Yoda going into hiding they were outmatched and outgunned. Luke was part of the Republic...

Gentlemen's bet says 90% of those rumors are completely false. I say Reylo happens though much to the chagrin of everyone who likes those characters. Obviously Lando has a big part he is pretty much all that is left. Shoehorning Thrawn in does seem like something Disney would do but makes no sense in the course of the film at all. I think the "Luke vs. Snoke" stuff only happens if somehow they bring Luke back which is right up JJs alley. If not, then I doubt we get a flashback.

We will see though. As long as the New Order and "Rebellion" arent treated like they are morons (please god no prank phone calls and OJ Chases) it will be a major step forward...unless they have Lando fall in love with Threepio since Solo taught us he has a thing for robots.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

While Thrawn hasn't died in any of the canon shows or books, he's not going to make an appearance. The character is unknown to the vast majority of audiences, so he wouldn't have the wow factor.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Rian Johnson also has said he isnt walking away from his trilogy. That was as of yesterday.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

If Reylo happens, I'm out. That would be the most cliche way they could take the story in 9.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              If Reylo happens, I'm out. That would be the most cliche way they could take the story in 9.
              Well if the rumored title "Balance of the Force" happens you can bet Reylo is a lock. The Child of Light and Dark will be the true balance. (my eyes cant roll enough)
              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                Well if the rumored title "Balance of the Force" happens you can bet Reylo is a lock. The Child of Light and Dark will be the true balance. (my eyes cant roll enough)
                Ugh

Comment

I think it will be balance of the Force but I do not believe for a minute it will be Reylo. This whole Reylo thing is dumb. I think I would be disappointed with that. We'll see. I believe Rey is already the balanced Force User. I've believed that since day one.
                  Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 02-14-2019, 07:41 PM.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    I think it will be balance of the Force but I do not believe for a minute it will be Reylo. This whole Reylo thing is dumb. I think I would be disappointed with that. We'll see. I believe Rey is already the balanced Force User. I've believed that since day one.
                    I think this makes the most sense. Reylo imho would be too obvious and forced and I too wo9uld be disappointed if they go through with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                      I think this makes the most sense. Reylo imho would be too obvious and forced and I too wo9uld be disappointed if they go through with it.
                      While that is true you have to look at who is making the film. JJ is known for his rather obvious stuff. They didnt have that stupid topless scene in TLJ for nothing The other thing they could do is pull a Luke and Leia and have them be related but TLJ ruined that by having Snoke be the reason for their connection. (ugh Snoke in that film suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked)

Rumors aside I bet we could easily guess 75% of the story based just on JJ alone. I mean TFA (which I enjoyed the hell out of) was just his version of Episode 4 almost beat for beat. This will be his updated ROTJ.

There is really only 3 ways the Rey and Kylo deal can end:

1) Reylo...we all agree that sucks

2) They fight and one dies

3) There is some stupid idea that as long as one exists the other has to exist (universe needs Light and Dark) to keep the balance so they part ways.

Now back after TFA I was hoping for something like 3...though not the way it would have to go down now. I was hoping that Luke went into seclusion because he realized his family was the proof that the whole thing was cyclical. No matter how powerful the Dark Side got or how benevolent the Jedi got the universe was always going to course correct. Nature abhors a vacuum. Vader (thanks to Palpatine) was the universe over-correcting trying to reach balance. In the end it did, all that was left were 4: 2 light and 2 dark. (that we know of) When Obiwon died that left a gap that Luke filled. Problem is the Emperor and Vader died...and the whole thing was set to happen again. So Luke took himself out in the hopes of preventing the rise of the Dark Side again. After he realizes that isnt the case when Rey finds him he trains her and helps her understand that the failure of the Jedi wasnt that they never fully destroyed the Dark Side, it was that they banished it in the first place. For the Jedi to survive they need to accept the yin and the yang. (I am obviously not a writer...those are ideas not dialogue)

Problem is TLJ killed that. Unless you have Luke learn that as a Force Ghost it wont work. And if both Rey and Kylo live (or die) it will seem like a big let down.
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

... the failure of the Jedi wasnt that they never fully destroyed the Dark Side, it was that they banished it in the first place. For the Jedi to survive they need to accept the yin and the yang.
                        Allegory for American politics?
                        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

the failure of the Jedi wasnt that they never fully destroyed the Dark Side, it was that they banished it in the first place. For the Jedi to survive they need to accept the yin and the yang.
                          Before he became insane, Orson Scott Card spoke concerning this theme at length.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

OSC was always insane, and one of the most overrated sci-fi writers ever. Maybe even the most overrated. So I basically ignore anything he says.

And yes, I read Ender's Game before I knew about his hateful political views. The whole thing reads like a D-grade writer's attempt at a B-grade sci-fi film.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                              Allegory for American politics?

Comment

Working...
                              X