Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

Just wanted to say as an impartial observer that I think the penalty call in OT was complete BS. I was also impressed by the passion that Bob showed after the goal. I loved the lip reading on the B10 feed. I also heard he got into it downstairs with the head of officiating--shows his passion and dedication. I felt like you guys were playing well down the stretch and deserved a fair chance to get into the tourney. It was painful to watch your season get blown up by such a bad call. That should not happen ever!
    Go Pioneers!

Comment

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
      Just wanted to say as an impartial observer that I think the penalty call in OT was complete BS. I was also impressed by the passion that Bob showed after the goal. I loved the lip reading on the B10 feed. I also heard he got into it downstairs with the head of officiating--shows his passion and dedication. I felt like you guys were playing well down the stretch and deserved a fair chance to get into the tourney. It was painful to watch your season get blown up by such a bad call. That should not happen ever!
      Thanks for your kind words, MagnessMan. Obviously an extremely tough way to end the season, but we Gopher fans are optimistic about the future of the team with Bob leading the way. And best of luck to your Pioneers in the tourney.
      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
        Frustrating season. Expectations are some of the highest in the country. But they should be. We are the only D1 school in arguably the top recruiting grounds in the country. And Michigan and Wisconsin should also be doing better. Motzko will right the ship.
        After seeing a full season I agree.
        Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
        dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
        wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
          Frustrating season. Expectations are some of the highest in the country. But they should be. We are the only D1 school in arguably the top recruiting grounds in the country. And Michigan and Wisconsin should also be doing better. Motzko will right the ship.
          I don't think you should be frustrated, it's his first year, it's going to take a few of his classes to get things going. Him and Pearson are proven D1 coaches, they both will figure it out. The jury is still out on Granato.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
            Well I suppose you can spin it any way you want, but the sad fact is that this year's Gophers' squad put themselves into an extremely untenable position of making the NCAA Tourney, where at the end everything had to fall their way if they were to make it. Given the parity of today's hockey landscape, the odds were not in their favor. I am more optimistic about next year, provided Robson stays for his senior season.
            Robson gone

Comment

Love that the wild got him. But I think this sets the Gophers back a step or two. He was a tremendous college goalie.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

All three goalies will be new next year. Hooray.
                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Everyone except people in denial knew it was coming.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                    All three goalies will be new next year. Hooray.
                    aaaaaaaand we don't have a goalie next year.
                    Great.

Comment

Originally posted by directmagna View Post
                      aaaaaaaand we don't have a goalie next year.
                      Great.
                      Huh?

We have a number of goalies coming in. We're going to pull in a kid from the same program Robson came out of up in Canada. Among others.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I'm not actually terribly worried about it. Just odd when everyone at a position is leaving.
                        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                          Just odd when everyone at a position is leaving.
                          Isn't everyone who's on the team "at a position"? And obviously they aren't all leaving...so it's not all that odd!

But sad about Robson, as he was arguably the team's most important player this year.

Comment

Isn't everyone who's on the team "at a position"? And obviously they aren't all leaving...so it's not all that odd!

But sad about Robson, as he was arguably the team's most important player this year.
                            I assume that is the best possible thing for him. He signed a NHL contract after 2 years on the Gophers. If you can promise that to every goalie prospect, you are going to get some real good kids. I mean, I really wanted him to stay, but getting a NHL contract had to be his goal, after all. He has his chance at the big time, it is up to him to succeed from here.
                            XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                            Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                              I assume that is the best possible thing for him. He signed a NHL contract after 2 years on the Gophers. If you can promise that to every goalie prospect, you are going to get some real good kids. I mean, I really wanted him to stay, but getting a NHL contract had to be his goal, after all. He has his chance at the big time, it is up to him to succeed from here.
                              Agree 100%, you certainly can't begrudge or fault him for leaving and chasing a dream. I was just speaking from a pure fan's perspective, that he will be sorely missed because he meant so much to the team.

I wish him nothing but the best.

Comment

Thanks for your kind words, MagnessMan. Obviously an extremely tough way to end the season, but we Gopher fans are optimistic about the future of the team with Bob leading the way. And best of luck to your Pioneers in the tourney.
                                Ditto, all around.
                                You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

Working...
                                X