Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

Yeah it's a bit much. Also I'd be fine with not scheduling them as that's completely within our rights (I assume we haven't already agreed to an away series with them?).

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveO View Post
      Goonery update:

Meanwhile, the WCHA which is responsible to adjudicate disciplinary action against this goon squad, added one more game to Jacob Wilson's flying contact hit to the head penalty on Sampo Ranta which resulted in a beautiful row of stitches. The two game suspension means Wilson will not play again unless ASU reaches the FF. The weird twist to the story is Wilson and Ranta are former teammates with the Sioux City Musketeers in the USHL.

Ranta Hit

And Wilson was captain of that Musketeers team. The hit was out of character for him.
      That said, I saw ASU play UNO back in November, and ASU gooned it up at the end of that 4-0 loss. And Tech fans were outraged about ASU’s play last year. So, definite trend developing

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
        And Wilson was captain of that Musketeers team. The hit was out of character for him.
        That said, I saw ASU play UNO back in November, and ASU gooned it up at the end of that 4-0 loss. And Tech fans were outraged about ASU’s play last year. So, definite trend developing
        ASU is UND of the South circa 200x.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Weather for Friday nights game at 6pm against Mich. seems ok, but they're talking 12+ in. of the white stuff all day Saturday with game time @ 4pm.

On top of that, Big Ten wrestling championships (Williams Arena - Saturday 10am and runs throughout the day. Again noon on Sunday), women's hockey WCHA championship (Ridder Arena - 2pm and 5pm on Saturday, followed by the championship game on Sunday 2pm), Minnesota State High School League boys hockey (at Mariucci, Consolation finals 10am Friday and 9am Saturday) and the Minnesota Short Course Championships (Aquatic Center - 8am Friday-Sunday and runs throughout the day) are all competing on campus this weekend. Prepare for traffic chaos.
          Last edited by SteveO; 03-07-2019, 12:23 PM.

Comment

They better have cops down there assisting. Of course they won’t.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

The combination of bad start times, weather and events probably means fewer butts in the seats, especially on Sat. That takes the edge off home ice advantage.

Comment

Good thing they've only sold about a thousand tickets each night.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                  Good thing they've only sold about a thousand tickets each night.
                  Serious?! Better near empty than being at Yost, I guess. Yost is a tough place for visiting teams.

Comment

My plan for the weekend:

Friday, 6:00 & 8:00pm- ATTEND Boy's Class AA semifinals at Xcel (record Gopher men vs. Michigan at 6:00pm on FSN+)
                    Saturday, 2:00pm - ATTEND Gopher women vs. UMD at Ridder (record Boy's A Championship at 12:00pm on Ch. 45)
                    Saturday, 4:00pm - ATTEND Gopher men vs. Michigan at Mariucci (record Boy's AA Championship at 7:00pm on Ch. 45)
                    Sunday, 2:00pm - ATTEND Gopher women vs. Wisconsin/Ohio State winner at Ridder
                    Sunday, 4:30pm - ATTEND Gopher men vs. Michigan at Mariucci (if necessary, HOPE NOT!)
                    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                      My plan for the weekend:

Friday, 6:00 & 8:00pm- ATTEND Boy's Class AA semifinals at Xcel (record Gopher men vs. Michigan at 6:00pm on FSN+)
                      Saturday, 2:00pm - ATTEND Gopher women vs. UMD at Ridder (record Boy's A Championship at 12:00pm on Ch. 45)
                      Saturday, 4:00pm - ATTEND Gopher men vs. Michigan at Mariucci (record Boy's AA Championship at 7:00pm on Ch. 45)
                      Sunday, 2:00pm - ATTEND Gopher women vs. Wisconsin/Ohio State winner at Ridder
                      Sunday, 4:30pm - ATTEND Gopher men vs. Michigan at Mariucci (if necessary, HOPE NOT!)

Nice gourmet schedule. Always tough calls on Friday and Saturday during State tourney time. Stay safe.
                      Last edited by SteveO; 03-07-2019, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Pardon me for crashing the party, boys. What are your opinions on Michael Russo not getting press credentials for the MSHSL tourney because THE ATHLETIC has a "paywall"? I THINK Russo's quite good when I've heard him.
                        "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Politics.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                            Politics.
                            I'm ****ing shocked. 😒
                            "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

I think that’s fine.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                                Pardon me for crashing the party, boys. What are your opinions on Michael Russo not getting press credentials for the MSHSL tourney because THE ATHLETIC has a "paywall"? I THINK Russo's quite good when I've heard him.
                                The Athletic got approved at about 5:45 today, per KFAN/Dan Barreiro's show.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X