Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    I must have missed all of the other wins in our last ten littered amongst those horrid losses against Michigan State and Penn State.

An improved team would be winning several in a row. It was a good series. Nothing more.
    Right and I think we can be honest about how we got the result in this series, a bad OSU effort night 1 and Robson stealing night 2. And as we saw in the series you mentioned, Robson realistically won't be perfect every night.

Comment

I must have missed all of the other wins in our last ten littered amongst those horrid losses against Michigan State and Penn State.

An improved team would be winning several in a row. It was a good series. Nothing more.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Will the Gophers move up higher in the rankings than Ohio State drops?

Comment

Cool Video...Go Gophers!!

Comment

Lol. I’m in that video.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Lol. I’m in that video.
              Are you the guy flaggin' the "M"?

Comment

Lol good work DX

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                  That's a red herring. They are actually in talks with Dean Blais.
                  Very true. Thought it fit well with the title of the thread. Is this going to be the official part 2 thread now?

Comment

Originally posted by Gunninwiththerods View Post
                    Very true. Thought it fit well with the title of the thread. Is this going to be the official part 2 thread now?
                    It was the first new thread, but will let the posters decide.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

It was the first new thread, but will let the posters decide.
                      I created the other thread thinking this would be a "supplement thread" like many Fire ________ threads that resurface at times. Sorry for the confusion Brent. This is the official season thread...Pt 2.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
                        I created the other thread thinking this would be a "supplement thread" like many Fire ________ threads that resurface at times. Sorry for the confusion Brent. This is the official season thread...Pt 2.
                        And just in case anyone missed it, the "subtitle" is in complete jest of the Chicken Littles who might actually think that firing Motzko is the solution.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                          Right and I think we can be honest about how we got the result in this series, a bad OSU effort night 1 and Robson stealing night 2. And as we saw in the series you mentioned, Robson realistically won't be perfect every night.
                          Not sure I agree with that assessment. I think Friday's game was the best effort the Gophs have put forth in a while, maybe for the season. There were a number of times I noticed OSU forechecking hard where it took a number of passes clicking in a row and hustle by every player on the ice just to escape their zone, or the neutral zone. OSU wasn't sitting back. And when OSU possessed the puck, I saw a Gopher team where every player was pressing, often creating a turnover. I didn't see much of the standing around and reaching for pucks or leaving the third guy uncovered in the slot that has plagued this team for stretches of most games this season. They were winning puck battles based on hustle, not on OSU standing around. Nothing was easy that they did.

Saturday wasn't quite the same effort and I think OSU did have more urgency, but for the first half of the game, I still feel like the Gophs pressured well. But they did start to go more into a defensive shell as the game went on and they got the big lead. Don't know how many times I saw a Gopher player in the third gain possession in their end, have time to hit a player with a pass, but instead just lob it out of the zone to get a clear. They started trying not to lose, rather than trying to win. They made their shots count though. That is the way hockey is. I fell like last weekend, while they didn't give the effort to get a win, the games still weren't as lopsided as the scores, but PSU just were hitting the shots those nights and MN wasn't.

So I think more players than Robson deserve credit for these wins. I still think that, while maybe not a top 10 team talent-wise, this team is more skilled than their record indicates and can play with any team in the country if they put forth an effort like they did on Friday night.

Comment

And just in case anyone missed it, the "subtitle" is in complete jest of the Chicken Littles who might actually think that firing Motzko is the solution.
                            1. You've already mentioned this multiple times.
                            2. I haven't seen anyone suggesting he should be fired. One person questioning if Lucia was really that bad and if Motzko was really an improvement isn't the same as someone asking for him to be fired (at least that is what I remember). Even on GPL where there are a couple people who typically can't see any positive, I don't recall reading anyone suggesting this.

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                              Not sure I agree with that assessment. I think Friday's game was the best effort the Gophs have put forth in a while, maybe for the season. There were a number of times I noticed OSU forechecking hard where it took a number of passes clicking in a row and hustle by every player on the ice just to escape their zone, or the neutral zone. OSU wasn't sitting back. And when OSU possessed the puck, I saw a Gopher team where every player was pressing, often creating a turnover. I didn't see much of the standing around and reaching for pucks or leaving the third guy uncovered in the slot that has plagued this team for stretches of most games this season. They were winning puck battles based on hustle, not on OSU standing around. Nothing was easy that they did.

Saturday wasn't quite the same effort and I think OSU did have more urgency, but for the first half of the game, I still feel like the Gophs pressured well. But they did start to go more into a defensive shell as the game went on and they got the big lead. Don't know how many times I saw a Gopher player in the third gain possession in their end, have time to hit a player with a pass, but instead just lob it out of the zone to get a clear. They started trying not to lose, rather than trying to win. They made their shots count though. That is the way hockey is. I fell like last weekend, while they didn't give the effort to get a win, the games still weren't as lopsided as the scores, but PSU just were hitting the shots those nights and MN wasn't.

So I think more players than Robson deserve credit for these wins. I still think that, while maybe not a top 10 team talent-wise, this team is more skilled than their record indicates and can play with any team in the country if they put forth an effort like they did on Friday night.
                              I believe this to a very fair, and accurate, summary of the series. Well said, Koho. I am very anxious to see what happens this coming weekend. Based on what we saw against OSU, I'm optimistic that the Gophers will do well. We shall see.
                              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                                1. You've already mentioned this multiple times.
                                2. I haven't seen anyone suggesting he should be fired. One person questioning if Lucia was really that bad and if Motzko was really an improvement isn't the same as someone asking for him to be fired (at least that is what I remember). Even on GPL where there are a couple people who typically can't see any positive, I don't recall reading anyone suggesting this.
                                I'm guessing it's from Twitter but that place is full of idiots so...

Comment

Working...
                                X