Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

I forgot the second round is single game. Lame.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      Michigan and Penn State were the teams I wanted to avoid. But whatever. You just gotta win no matter who you play now. Four games to get us in.
      In order, teams I wanted MN to face: WI, MI, Pedo.

Flip a coin, I guess.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

B1G Tourney Bracket

Comment

Pitlick is having a career best season (19-22-41). With his shortie last night, he has at least a point in 30/35 games this season. Nashville has exclusive rights to Rem until August 2020. IMO he's gone after this season.

Fun fact: the pick that the Predators used to select Pitlick originally belonged to the Wild. It was sent to Florida for Sean Bergenheim, then New Jersey for Jaromir Jagr, then Anaheim for Kyle Palmieri, and then Buffalo for Jamie McGinn, and finally to Nashville for Jimmy Vesey.
          Last edited by SteveO; 03-03-2019, 12:48 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveO View Post
            Pitlick is having a career best season (19-22-41). With his shortie last night, he has at least a point in 30/35 games this season. Nashville has exclusive rights to Rem until August 2020. IMO he's gone after this season.

Fun fact: the pick that the Predators used to select Pitlick originally belonged to the Wild. It was sent to Florida for Sean Bergenheim, then New Jersey for Jaromir Jagr, then Anaheim for Kyle Palmieri, and then Buffalo for Jamie McGinn, and finally to Nashville for Jimmy Vesey.
            I doubt those were all one for one, but I see the Wild got the worst player on the list including Pitlick lol

Comment

Originally posted by SteveO View Post

There are reasons for Rem to stick around. I call it 50/50.

Comment

• Originally posted by D2D View Post
                On the postgame on the way home Coach Motzko said Ranta's cut went "the length of his chin". Sampo showed some real toughness getting back in there after missing only a few shifts.

But I thought that hit did change the whole game, unfortunately not in the Gophers' favor. Instead of taking advantage and making them pay they were completely out of sync during the resultant 5 minute power play, looking nothing like the team they were earlier. I hope they took something away from that experience and not allow that kind of a dirty hit to put a stop to all the momentum they had generated up until that point.
                We had our 4th line out there for a significant chunk of that 5-min PP. And I'm not even sure our #1 unit saw any time on it. Makes you wonder if maybe motzko was worried about losing one of those guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                  There are reasons for Rem to stick around. I call it 50/50.
                  The Predators have a legitimate shot to return to the Stanley Cup Finals, but being a contender could be relatively short-lived unless new prospects are brought into the system for long term success. Two D1 prospects that are top on that list are:

1) BU's Dante Fabbro, the Terriers’ junior captain is the Predators’ top defense prospect. TSN's Bob McKenzie reported last month that Fabbro is expected to turn pro at season’s end and be a part of the team during a possible playoff run.

2) Pitlick has had a couple key scoring milestones in his hockey career. He's only one of four players to score 40 goals in a season in the USHL since 2002. He hit another milestone with his career best with the Gophers this season. Apparently a few scouts and pundits thought he’d regress with Mittelstadt going to the NHL, but that hasn’t been the case.

Pitlick is a definite flight risk. GM David Poile will defintely push to get Pitlick signed and into the system this summer rather than risk losing him to free agency next year after his senior season. He’ll likely need at the very least an AHL season with the Milwaukee Admirals before jumping to the NHL. IMO I think he signs and moves onto the next level.

Comment

Rem Pitlick goes top shelf on a breakaway and buries the last goal of the regular season. Nice. > HIGHLIGHTS

Comment

Stumbled on ASU Twitter (literally, since I don't twitter) and they were hinting MN was flopping to draw penalties.

SO this has been a trying season at times. At least we got to experience a home sweep at the end. Obviously, while unlikely, winning the B1G tourney and making the NCAA's would help us forget the tough times. However, even short of that, if they somehow got out past Michigan, there would definitely be some satisfaction if they ended up beating Pedo State to knock them out of the NCAA (not that they match up well with them at all). There is at least a little more hope, based on more consistent recent play, than I had mid-season.

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                        Stumbled on ASU Twitter (literally, since I don't twitter) and they were hinting MN was flopping to draw penalties.

SO this has been a trying season at times. At least we got to experience a home sweep at the end. Obviously, while unlikely, winning the B1G tourney and making the NCAA's would help us forget the tough times. However, even short of that, if they somehow got out past Michigan, there would definitely be some satisfaction if they ended up beating Pedo State to knock them out of the NCAA (not that they match up well with them at all). There is at least a little more hope, based on more consistent recent play, than I had mid-season.
                        Agreed, a rough season that started out weird with the exhibition break. If all the home teams win (ND, MN, PSU), we won't see Penn St. We'll play a single elimination game @ ND and Penn St. goes to Columbus.

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                          Their fan base is worse than Iowa football in terms of being annoying and they’re only half as smart.

One ASU lady behind me at Friday’s game said after the second kneeing penalty, “Oh kneeing is what they call when it’s too hard to call something else.”

Against my best judgment, I turned around and said, “Excuse me? No it’s not. When a knee hits another knee it’s genrally kneeing. It’s actually pretty rare.”

“Well, in my experience it’s what they call when they don’t know what to call.”

My jaw just dropped open. I laughed and turned back around. I think I see one maybe two kneeing penalties in a year. I’ve never heard of two in a game or three in a series. It’s just unprecedented in my hockey watching universe.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

well - for those of us who have followed Gopher hockey for some time, I think we will all agree that this ASU squad and their fans were definitely one of the most unique opponents we've ever had in our barn --

No. 12 ASU hockey falls again to Minnesota, must wait until March 24 to learn NCAA fate
                            https://outline.com/EH5wj9

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              Their fan base is worse than Iowa football in terms of being annoying and they’re only half as smart.

One ASU lady behind me at Friday’s game said after the second kneeing penalty, “Oh kneeing is what they call when it’s too hard to call something else.”

Against my best judgment, I turned around and said, “Excuse me? No it’s not. When a knee hits another knee it’s genrally kneeing. It’s actually pretty rare.”

“Well, in my experience it’s what they call when they don’t know what to call.”

My jaw just dropped open. I laughed and turned back around. I think I see one maybe two kneeing penalties in a year. I’ve never heard of two in a game or three in a series. It’s just unprecedented in my hockey watching universe.
                              One of the absolute dirtiest hits in hockey that can literally alter a player's career due to injury. NHL: Knee to Knee

Comment

Yes he's a flight risk - I put it at 50/50.

What you're failing to recognize is where he would fit in the pecking order were he to leave how that might dissuade him from leaving.

Comment

Working...
                                X