Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019 Part 2: Still not time for the witty thread title.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019 Part 2: Still not time for the witty thread title.

Irish have come from down 4-2 in the 3rd to push it to OT.

Come on you freakin' Mick ********!

Hey! They did it!

So I'm saying there's a chance!
    Originally posted by WiscTJK
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Originally posted by Timothy A
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019 Part 2: Still not time for the witty thread title.

Barring the Tischke tire blow out, I don't care who you are, that was a pretty good period of hockey.
      I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

This is a good reminder: the lows with this team are frustrating, but ****, the highs are really nice.
        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

What a pleasant surprise!
          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Need some more help and another Badger win for two more home games.

Nice to have something to watch on the last day before the playoffs start.
            Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Best game of the year.

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

What a great Hockey game! What a finish! We need to send Tim to all the games the rest of the year!

ND was down 4-1 and won 5-4 in OT, then the Badgers score short handed in OT to keep their home ice chances alive... something in the air tonight!

B1G Hockey --> It's FANtastic!!!
                I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Best game the forwards have played all year. No doubt. Some of them played in another gear that I havnt seen before.

Fun to watch

Comment

WAYYY better than basketball

Comment

Sean Dhooghe's small in stature, but that kid's got an enormous heart and huge onions. Love the guy.

Sounded like a decent crowd, too.
                      "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

If that game didn’t get you going, you might already be dead.

Comment

Definitely the best game I've seen live in several years.

Achan played his best game as a badger. All over the ice. Tische played great.

I love Merschy but he has to stop taking stupid penalties.

Fun fun game.
                          gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                            What a great Hockey game! What a finish! We need to send Tim to all the games the rest of the year!
                            I am flying HIGH! Doogs scored on our end of the ice and I just about jumped over the rail from the 3rd tier. My daughter needed to be resuscitated as I hugged her so long and so hard, it was awesome (she's probably deaf too). That was a great game. The Hammer's save on that rebound shot out of the air backdoor play in the first period was gold! Achan's 1 on 5 goal was so cool. (Clark did a play just like that to wOSU a few years ago). Too bad they couldn't cover on those 2 on 1 SH chances. And Linus rings the corner with a burst of speed, oh my! Come on lads, SWEEP and go UND!
                            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Badger players with 100 or more career points while playing their games in this century:

1. Mark Zengerle - 151

2. Michael Davies - 123

3. Robbie Earl - 121

4. Mike Mersch - 120

5. Blake Geoffrion - 114

6. Justin Schultz - 113

7. Ryan MacMurchy - 110

8. Joe Pavelski - 101

9. Tyler Barnes - 101

10. Seamus Malone - 101 (and counting)

Congratulations to Seamus. Quite an accomplishment when you consider he has spent very little time playing on lines with superstars in his career.
                              I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                                I am flying HIGH! Doogs scored on our end of the ice and I just about jumped over the rail from the 3rd tier. My daughter needed to be resuscitated as I hugged her so long and so hard, it was awesome (she's probably deaf too). That was a great game. The Hammer's save on that rebound shot out of the air backdoor play in the first period was gold! Achan's 1 on 5 goal was so cool. (Clark did a play just like that to wOSU a few years ago). Too bad they couldn't cover on those 2 on 1 SH chances. And Linus rings the corner with a burst of speed, oh my! Come on lads, SWEEP and go UND!
                                Glad you got to be there Tim. What a thriller! Whatever happens the rest of this year, hopefully that was a taste of things to come in the future for Badger hockey.

I have always said the real legacy of the old days wasn't all the great seasons, because let's face it, the Badgers have only won a few conference championships in all their storied past. To me, the magic of Badger Hockey was always this: --> WE WIN BIG GAMES. <---

All those conference tourney wins, all those big NCAA wins, all those games over the years where they took down #1 teams. (Eaves career ended on a very sour note, but I will always remember this astonishing fact: Eaves has a winning record against #1 ranked teams.)

Just donning the Cardinal and White sweater had always imbued players with a special confidence they might otherwise not have had, a real belief that they could overcome the big challenge just because they were Badgers and that's what Badgers do. And more often then not, they did. That's a winning culture. That is what is so important in winning programs, and had always been so special about Badger Hockey. That got lost in the shuffle over the last several years, but I think it's possible we're on the verge of reviving it. The puck is going to start bouncing our way because the boys in the program are going to start believing it will again.
                                I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Working...
                                X