Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019 Part 2: Still not time for the witty thread title.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019 Part 2: Still not time for the witty thread title.

Originally posted by sunprairie View Post
    I am still surprised by the Berry news. We won’t know what happened, but he’s literally the last guy on this team I would have guessed if you’d have asked me who would be benched for a disciplinary issue.
    I know plenty of nice guys that act a little different once they get a few beers in them.

Comment

• Originally posted by druzy192 View Post
      I know plenty of nice guys that act a little different once they get a few beers in them.
      Yeah, like everybody! Especially in that 20ish age group.
      "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019 Part 2: Still not time for the witty thread title.

Basking in the glow of a win, it's gonna be a great week.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

What a difference when the forwards back check. Most nights, if you want to know how the Badgers are going to do, just look and see if all 3 F's are getting back to the dots in their own zone.

Was glad to see Malone get the ENG to finally get another point. He had 97 career points 9 games ago and now finally sits at 99. Hope he gets in on the action offensively next week and finishes out his career on a high note. He's been a good Badger.

I believe the Badgers would need to sweep MI next weekend and then, very oddly, have either PSU sweep at Notre Dame, or, have PSU get 2 points or less at Notre Dame, to get a home ice playoff.

Edit: I take that back -- ND would have the tiebreaker over UW, so PSU would need 2 or less @ Notre Dame. Of course the chances of anybody sweeping anybody in the B1G this year are not very good at all.
          Last edited by Wisko McBadgerton; 02-24-2019, 11:38 AM.
          Originally posted by WiscTJK
          I'm with Wisko and Tim.
          Originally posted by Timothy A
          Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

K. Miller leads the team with 22 or 23 points... what is the lowest total of points to lead a Badger team in scoring for a season? I would have to guess this will be it.
            Bad grammar yes, I know.
            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
              K. Miller leads the team with 22 or 23 points... what is the lowest total of points to lead a Badger team in scoring for a season? I would have to guess this will be it.
              Bad grammar yes, I know.
              Not only that solo, he's a freshman. A defenseman. He has missed the last 4 games AND missed games when he was in Vancouver for the World Juniors. Doesn't say much for our forwards.

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                Not only that solo, he's a freshman. A defenseman. He has missed the last 4 games AND missed games when he was in Vancouver for the World Juniors. Doesn't say much for our forwards.
                Yes. Kind of depressing.
                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                  We kinda knew coming into this season the F were weak, didn't we? Losing Sampo and Cruikshank didn't help the cause at all. Linus is nearly to 1 pt/game and he and Seamus are right on Miller's heals for points. Miller is a 1st round draft pick who used to play F.

It is maddening to play 2 games this weekend that were complete polar opposites. I'm not sure what that means as to the players and the coaches. I guess it kinda points the finger on the players. They are capable, they just need to play like we all know they can.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                    Stats after Golden Domes:

PWR T31st of 60 - no change
                    GPG 2.87 down 10 spots to 29th
                    GAA 3.30 still at 47th
                    PP% 16.52% down 11 spots to 38th
                    PK% 72.87% still 59th
                    Pen Minutes 13.20 up six spots (worse) to 10th (1st is the most penalties)
                    Faceoff % 42.3% still dead last at 60th

And the good times keep rolling. Best stat is goals per game at 29th of 60 teams. Hooray!
                    Stats after Penn State:

GPG 2.97 up 5 spots to T24th
                    GAA 3.44 drop 5 to T52nd
                    PP% 15.83% down 5 spots to 43rd
                    PK% 73.68% still 59th
                    Pen Minutes 12.88 dropped (better) 3 spots to 13th (1st is the most penalties)
                    Faceoff % 42.2% still dead last at 60th
                    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                      Stats after Penn State:

GAA 3.44 drop 5 to T52nd
                      PK% 73.68% still 59th
                      Thanks by the way for doing the stats.

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                        Stats after Penn State:

GAA 3.44 drop 5 to T52nd
                        PK% 73.68% still 59th
                        Good Lord.

I know we’re in a tougher conference than most, but there are still some ugly numbers there.
                        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                          Thanks by the way for doing the stats.
                          I 2nd that motion.

Those are some ugly-*** numbers. Really nothing good.

Comment

The only positive is that our PWR (and KRACH, where we rank higher) helps indicate what a strong conference we’re in. Second only to NCHC for collective non-conference record.

That this conference has been so even is the only reason that only Ohio State (and the winner of the B1G tournament) will get into the NCAAs this year, and probably didn’t help us in the numbers department.

We probably aren’t much better than this if we played in the ECAC, but I’m guessing (hoping) we wouldn’t be in the 50s so much.
                            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Well, call me crazy, but I decided to do a double Friday, hitting the women's game at 4 and the men's at 8. Based on their record on Fridays, I should have picked Saturday, but I liked the seat choices better Friday. They will pull through for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                                Well, call me crazy, but I decided to do a double Friday, hitting the women's game at 4 and the men's at 8. Based on their record on Fridays, I should have picked Saturday, but I liked the seat choices better Friday. They will pull through for me.
                                In person, we can't watch enough hockey, Tim! I'm even considering a couple high school games this Thursday.

Comment

Working...
                                X