Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Golf thread

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    The PC brigade is all over Hank Haney for some insensitive comments he made on some satellite radio show. His comments are obviously wrong, but it is surprising to me we don’t produce more good women golfers in the US.
    So his comments were insensitive and wrong but you ridicule those who take exception to them?

Bold choice, Cotton.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      So his comments were insensitive and wrong but you ridicule those who take exception to them?

Bold choice, Cotton.
      It’s not taking exception, it’s the degree of it. His comments were more unprofessional than sexist and xenophobic in my humble opinion. I agree with the other poster that he should know more women golfers where he works in the golf industry. There was one woman who wrote he should never be allowed to step on another golf course, isn’t that a little too extreme?
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

It’s not taking exception, it’s the degree of it. His comments were more unprofessional than sexist and xenophobic in my humble opinion. I agree with the other poster that he should know more women golfers where he works in the golf industry. There was one woman who wrote he should never be allowed to step on another golf course, isn’t that a little too extreme?
        It's always interesting to see which way a person is magnetized in a situation like this: are they primarily concerned about the initial statement or the reaction?

You're telling us which is more important to you. That's good information.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Tact and phrasing. He used neither. "Some Indian or Asian descent kid is gonna win the Spelling Bee" vs "I am glad that we've reached a level of society and diversity that anyone can win the Spelling Bee, no matter what ethnicity. That shows that our education system is working."
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

It turns out Hank knew what he was talking about. Hopefully he gets his job back.

Comment

It turns out Hank knew what he was talking about. Hopefully he gets his job back.
              But he didn't know what he was talking about.

Comment

Hopefully he learns from this. Like I said, he's not wrong, but the way he said it was stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

Hopefully he learns from this. Like I said, he's not wrong, but the way he said it was stupid.
                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                    But he didn't know what he was talking about.
                    he picked a k-girl named lee.
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                      he picked a k-girl named lee.
                      His job is to know and promote golf. He admitted he couldn't name any players.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                        His job is to know and promote golf. He admitted he couldn't name any players.
                        This is incorrect. He said he couldn’t name more than half a dozen. At the end of the day his prediction was correct though.

Comment

This is incorrect. He said he couldn’t name more than half a dozen. At the end of the day his prediction was correct though.
                          To give him credit for a correct prediction is laughable.

Johnson: “This week is the 74th U.S. Women’s Open, Hank.”

Haney: “Oh it is? I’m gonna predict a Korean.”

Johnson, laughing: “OK, that’s a pretty safe bet.”

Haney: “I couldn’t name you six players on the LPGA Tour. Maybe I could. Well … I’d go with Lee. If I didn’t have to name a first name, I’d get a bunch of them right.”

Johnson: “We’ve got six Lees.”

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                            ^^^^^^^^^^^^
                            Jesus H. Christ. Even Rube agrees.

The way he say it was uncool. He should learn from this.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              Jesus H. Christ. Even Rube agrees.

The way he say it was uncool. He should learn from this.
                              I can be tactful when I choose to be. In that situation? BE TACTFUL. CHOOSE YOUR PHRASING CAREFULLY.

Comment

Originally posted by logann85
                                If his comments were unprofessional, it has nothing to do with sexist's part of them.

Do you try to defend him?
                                Originally posted by logann85
                                Ricardo, yep, that's right, someone can bet on real golf and win extra money like this, and someone just prefer to play slots for real money online in usa, and no one will say where you can get bigger chances. It all depends on how golf players do well during the play season, or if we talk about online bets - would you trust the system of slots at all. I did once, last month, and won 305 bucks. I want to try some more times, but I'm afraid that I will lose at those attempts.
                                Bots are weird now.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X