Golf thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MadTownSioux View Post
    Did I read all partial scores will be wiped out from Thursday?
    Only for the 10 groups that started prior to the long delay.
    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
      This caddy thing is kind of blowing up...

I understand both sides of it, but hey, just pay the man. It's not like it'd hurt financially. Call it a gesture of goodwill and "I mighta effed up."
      KFAN has talked about it the last couple of days.. I’d ha e just paid him normal, but I understand the logic as to why he paid less — he did offer $15,000, but even that seems like a small number restive to standard caddy cuts.
      AF 99

Comment

Re: Golf thread

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
        KFAN has talked about it the last couple of days.. I’d ha e just paid him normal, but I understand the logic as to why he paid less — he did offer $15,000, but even that seems like a small number restive to standard caddy cuts.
        The caddy signed the contract, so on that end, so be it. But then Kuchar won it all, and simply abided by the contract. Hey, throw in a little extra. Him trying to defend it...the statements he made...that part was kinda bullsh*. "Hey you make $5, here's $50", so to speak.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Kuchar should have just said to him, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness."

The caddy would at least have that going for him.
          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
            Kuchar should have just said to him, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness."

The caddy would at least have that going for him.
            Which is nice.

Comment

Yikes, JT. Choked that one away. Nice work by Holmes to take advantage.
              AF 99

Comment

This is pretty **** cool
                https://***********/PGATOUR/status/1116045637127155712
                Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                  That is one of the funnest parts about the Masters' practice rounds -- the players skipping shots across the pond on 16. They are really, really good at it.
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                    That is one of the funnest parts about the Masters' practice rounds -- the players skipping shots across the pond on 16. They are really, really good at it.
                    We have a pond here that’s somewhat like that. We take stabs at it like they do there. Yes it’s difficult. Went through many balls until I finally did it.
                    Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Not a ton of scoring here early...
                      AF 99

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                        Not a ton of scoring here early...
                        I’m a bit surprised too. Greens are soft and literally no wind
                        Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Bernard Langer, who got his start under Kaiser Wilhelm, is currently in third place at Augusta.

No word on whether Byron Nelson is in the top 10.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            Bernard Langer, who got his start under Kaiser Wilhelm, is currently in third place at Augusta.

No word on whether Byron Nelson is in the top 10.
                            Nelson is even par. He hasn’t hit a bad shot yet.
                            Last edited by Hammer; 04-11-2019, 04:18 PM.
                            FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                              We have a pond here that’s somewhat like that. We take stabs at it like they do there. Yes it’s difficult. Went through many balls until I finally did it.
                              Doing it in January in North Dakota is just not the same, icehawk.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                                Doing it in January in North Dakota is just not the same, icehawk.
                                Ha. You got me there
                                Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X