Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Golf thread

Anyone excited for The Match?
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
      Anyone excited for The Match?
      I don't know if excited is the right word, but I'm definitely watching it.
      North Dakota
      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
        I don't know if excited is the right word, but I'm definitely watching it.
        I don't think the heavy stuff's gonna come down for a while.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
          I don't think the heavy stuff's gonna come down for a while.

I thought it was very entertaining. Woods and Manning were far more consistent, while Mickelson and Brady made the more dramatic shots. Brady's shot at 7 and his putt at 11 were pretty impressive. Manning had the nice birdie at 4 (IIRC?) as well, and then the near hole-in-one at 16 (IIRC?). Mickelson made some clutch putts, and Tiger did nothing but put the ball in the fairway. Certainly not A+ golf, but solid and entertaining.

Also enjoyed listening in to the conversations, the trash talk, and the little side bets. Watching Russel Wilson donate 300,000 meals was neat as well. A fun way to enjoy a Sunday afternoon for certain.
          North Dakota
          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post

I thought it was very entertaining. Woods and Manning were far more consistent, while Mickelson and Brady made the more dramatic shots. Brady's shot at 7 and his putt at 11 were pretty impressive. Manning had the nice birdie at 4 (IIRC?) as well, and then the near hole-in-one at 16 (IIRC?). Mickelson made some clutch putts, and Tiger did nothing but put the ball in the fairway. Certainly not A+ golf, but solid and entertaining.

Also enjoyed listening in to the conversations, the trash talk, and the little side bets. Watching Russel Wilson donate 300,000 meals was neat as well. A fun way to enjoy a Sunday afternoon for certain.
            That was indeed really fun. I loved the coaching from the pros to the QBs, gave a lot of insight to a non-golfer (outside of video games) like me. The banter was very fun, and of course, side bets!

Charles: (after Tiger makes a nice drive) That looked like me!
            Other announcer: Huh?
            Charles: I mean, we both black.

Comment

Tiger is Asian.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                That was indeed really fun. I loved the coaching from the pros to the QBs, gave a lot of insight to a non-golfer (outside of video games) like me. The banter was very fun, and of course, side bets!

Charles: (after Tiger makes a nice drive) That looked like me!
                Other announcer: Huh?
                Charles: I mean, we both black.
                Charles is always good for a laugh. He has to have the ugliest swing in captivity

I loved the back and forth the 4 of them had. Brady made me feel good about my game until he dropped that shot on 7. He actually has a nice swing. I don’t think Tiger missed a fairway. His driver was on. Bottom line it was nice to see a live sporting event that raised a ton of money for the Covid-19 virus
                Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

My dad and I much preferred the skins game last weekend. Too much BS'ing in yesterday's match.

Comment

• A tradition like no other.

Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Holy crap
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        A tradition like no other.

nobody's gonna remember who won the masters in ten years.
                        but they're gonna remember your 10!!

mookie of course will remember the dude throwing down 5 birdies on the last 6 holes
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• they sure as heck will.
                          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Rut roh.

The L.A. County Sheriff’s office obtained a search warrant to retrieve the “black box” from Tiger Woods’ 2021 Genesis GV80 SUV he was driving when he was seriously injured in a rollover crash late last month.

A judge believed there was probable cause that a crime may have been committed, according to TMZ Sports, with law enforcement sources saying the possible cause was “reckless driving,” which is a misdemeanor.
                            It's like he's just working with the Behind the Music guys now.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Between 84 and 87 mph in a 45 zone. That'll do it.
                              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Parise, Harris English is one calm SOB.

Comment

Working...
                                X