• Show
Clear All

Re: The 2019-20 Schedules Thread

WESTERN MICHIGAN's potential non-conference schedule:

- Ice Breaker Invitational
    - Desert Hockey Classic
    - Ferris State (home/home)
    - Bowling Green (home/home)
    - Michigan or Michigan State (home/home)
    - @ Colgate

Ice Breaker is confirmed.

I heard they were doing a tournament "out west", and since Vegas was this year, that leaves ASU's tourney as the prime suspect.

Home and homes with Ferris and Bowling Green have pretty much become an annual tradition now, although I could actually see BGSU not being on the schedule one time due to the fact WMU could face them in the Ice Breaker. Not likely though.

They will most likely seek out another home-and-home with a former-CCHA, current-Big Ten member - Michigan, Sparty or even The Irish.

And since their home series with Clarkson last year was a return for them traveling there two years earlier during the dreaded 8-win season in 15'-16', I feel they'll have another series with Colgate. Except 'Gate hosts the back end.

Just my two cents.

Comment

LSSU known non-conference at this time:
      @Michigan
      Denver
      Merrimack
      LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco Hockey Fan View Post
        WESTERN MICHIGAN's potential non-conference schedule:

- Ice Breaker Invitational
        - Desert Hockey Classic
        - Ferris State (home/home)
        - Bowling Green (home/home)
        - Michigan or Michigan State (home/home)
        - @ Colgate

And since their home series with Clarkson last year was a return for them traveling there two years earlier during the dreaded 8-win season in 15'-16', I feel they'll have another series with Colgate. Except 'Gate hosts the back end.

Just my two cents.

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey Fan... I didn't fully understand your Clarkson/Colgate mention. In 2017-2018, Colgate visited Lawson Ice Arena in Kazoo and split. So do you expect the Broncos to come East and play two games against 'Gate at the newish Class of 1965 Arena in Hamilton, N.Y., in 2019-2020? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
          Western Michigan Bronco Hockey Fan... I didn't fully understand your Clarkson/Colgate mention. In 2017-2018, Colgate visited Lawson Ice Arena in Kazoo and split. So do you expect the Broncos to come East and play two games against 'Gate at the newish Class of 1965 Arena in Hamilton, N.Y., in 2019-2020? Thanks.
          Certainly how I read it. Nothing's for sure until we see some releases, which will be a while seeing how we're still in the heart of the 2018-19 season.

Comment

Here, I'll clarify.

WMU traveled to Clarkson in 15-16, so Clarkson's visit to WMU in 17-18 (two years later) was obviously the back end of that deal.

Colgate traveled to WMU in 17-18, so yes, for 19-20 (two years later again), I'm expecting a road trip to Colgate. But obviously that's just an educated guess at this point in time.

The Ferris State series is all but guaranteed to be the weekend following the Ice Breaker.

Comment

My notes for Wisconsin

Home
              Clarkson (year 4 of a 4 year plan)
              Minnesota Duluth (with a possible return in 20-21)
              Arizona State

Away
              Nebraska Omaha (return for 2016-2017 in Madison)
              split weekend with Merrimack and BC (year 4 of a 4 year plan)

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                Speculation I've going to throw a wrench in, seeing how the 3rd game isn't determined until after the standings for the previous two years have finished, given that was the basis from the last time
                My present understanding is that these matchups have already been determined using the 2016-17-18 standings.
                Last edited by TheRevengeance; 02-01-2019, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
                  My present understanding is that these matchups have already been determined using the 2016-17-18 standings.
                  From what I understand, it's 2017-19, similar to how they were determine in 2017 based on 2015-17. Either way, we should have more information about what the actual algorithm is so we can better predict the opponents in future years, even if this is by reverse engineer.

Comment

Yale's schedule, per New Haven Register: https://www.nhregister.com/sports/ar...n-13625868.php
                    Home: Maine (12/10), UMass
                    Road: Vermont (1/3), New Hampshire (1/7)
                    Neutral: Harvard at Madison Square Garden (1/11); with Quinnipiac, Sacred Heart and UConn at Connecticut Beanpot (1/24-1/26)
                    Last edited by redrocker; 02-19-2019, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by redrocker View Post
                      Yale's schedule, per New Haven Register: https://www.nhregister.com/sports/ar...n-13625868.php
                      Neutral: Harvard at Madison Square Garden (1/11); with Quinnipiac, Sacred Heart and Union at Connecticut Beanpot (1/24-1/26)
                      The Connecticut Tournament will also be taking place next year according to the article, so I've marked as such.

Comment

Neutral: Harvard at Madison Square Garden (1/11); with Quinnipiac, Sacred Heart and Union at Connecticut Beanpot (1/24-1/26)
                        I didn't know that Union is in Connecticut.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          NY gladly handed Schenectady over to Connecticut...
                          Russell Jaslow
                          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                          U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            The Connecticut Tournament will also be taking place next year according to the article, so I've marked as such.
                            I originally typed Union instead of UConn in CT tournament. Sorry for the confusion.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              The town of Union yes. The university, no. They do seem to own CT competition, however.

Comment

I originally typed Union instead of UConn in CT tournament. Sorry for the confusion.
                                I assumed you meant UCONN when you mentioned a Connecticut Tournament, not to mention that's what was in the article. I doubt they'll be calling it a "beanpot", though. I do, however, look forward to more info on the format (wouldn't be surprised if they go set opponents and SHU/UCONN play another non-conference), and I'm always in support of seeing teams play somewhat local competition non-conference (e.g. how Denver and CC always give Air Force a game, Dartmouth/UNH, Providence/Brown, Minnesota and Michigan's NC play as of late, Harvard in the Beanpot, etc.).

Comment

Working...
                                X