This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV: One Person's Trash...

Anyone watching The Orville still? Catching up on season 2 and I think they've met a happy medium of humor/story telling this year.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
      Anyone watching The Orville still? Catching up on season 2 and I think they've met a happy medium of humor/story telling this year.
      Yeah, I'm an episode or two behind at the moment, but I've been watching. It's decent TV, and some decent humor being used. While the humor has been standard McFarlane stuff, the actual stories have been better and much more reminiscent of TNG.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Why do I find myself with the TiVo OnePass set up to capture "The Closer" and "White Collar" and very little new network television.

Sure, The Resident, Suits, The Rookie; but, when will Major Crimes reappear in syndication. And I so miss Homicide: Life on the Streets.

I think there's a channel right there! Call it "Munch TV". It only runs episodes from series that Detective John Munch appeared or cameo'd on.
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

True Detective finale was last night. Overall the show was good but I found the "answers" to be less than compelling.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            True Detective finale was last night. Overall the show was good but I found the "answers" to be less than compelling.
            I was a bit disappointed with the "resolution of the mystery", and then purple got that late-night visit from his dead wife, and I liked that subsequent ending very much.
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

The Enemy Within. Not as great of a start as Blind Spot (which hasn't been as good since) or The Black List but it's good enough for me to stick it out. I like Jennifer Carpenter.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

$179 million BONES.
                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

The Shop, Lebron's HBO show. Pilot episode was excellent and he was the best part of it. Dude has a future in politics.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Losers on Netflix. A few one-off episodes, watched the Curling one, about the 1985 Brier Cup, and the Van de Velde Meltdown one. The others I really didn't have an interest in. Well done, very interesting to delve into the details of both of those stories. Easy watching if you want to kill some time.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                      the Van de Velde Meltdown one.
                      The fact that somebody recreated this using Lego and put it on the internet has restored my faith in humanity.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I don't know if anyone else watched this, but I watched the show on Roger Aisles on A&E last night. It was worth a watch.

It pretty much confirms all of the horrible things you might know or even suspect of Aisles, but the most fascinating part for me was the events that followed his move to the tiny town of Cold Spring, NY. Unfortunately this is a relatively small amount of the show, but it's pretty fascinating and wasn't something I had ever heard about before.

Basically, he and his wife buy this big estate and move to this tiny town. Then, when he feels threatened about restrictions that might affect how he uses his land, he proceeds to buy the only newspaper in town and attempts to bully the city council and the townspeople, and tries to basically buy the town election. The townspeople have none of it, but the interviews with those people are pretty fascinating.
                        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

I’m really 👀 my forward to Jordan Peele’s take on twilight zone:

https://youtu.be/29_gA_GDGvE

Meanwhile, just started The Wire (yeah, yeah a decade late). ****....12 episodes in, fantastic show.
                          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                            I’m really 👀 my forward to Jordan Peele’s take on twilight zone:

https://youtu.be/29_gA_GDGvE

Meanwhile, just started The Wire (yeah, yeah a decade late). ****....12 episodes in, fantastic show.
                            No worries on The Wire, just marathoned it last year. It's a good one.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Tried to watch some of the hbo Michael Jackson show. The description of the sexual acts is a bit much for me so I think I’m done

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                                Tried to watch some of the hbo Michael Jackson show. The description of the sexual acts is a bit much for me so I think I’m done
                                I'd like to watch it, but I think I might end up in the same camp as you. I was bordering on that when watching "Abducted In Plain Sight." I was glad I stuck with the latter, but I ain't gonna watch it again.

Comment

Working...
                                X