This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    It's a fantastic show until the last episode of Season 5 (IMO). After which I bailed. Season 5 may have been my favorite up until then. Then it became my least. You may last longer than that.
    I thought the last couple seasons were good, but nowhere near as good as 1-5.

Series finale is still the worst I've ever seen.
    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
    Originally posted by Quizmire
    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• Re: TV: One Person's Trash...

Started watching the second Terror series, this one about Japanese-Americans in 1941. It is very creepy with more body horror than the first one. The characterization and psychological aspects I really love but the gore I have to turn away from. Sulu's in it.

The first one was about arctic explorers having A Suboptimal Time. It was a wonderful set up with outstanding acting but it went nowhere unfortunately -- I didn't even finish it.

These are anthologized miniseries. Stylized and "arty." Emphasis on menace rather than action. Handy would hate them.
      Last edited by Kepler; 08-16-2019, 05:00 AM.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        Started watching the second Terror series, this one about Japanese-Americans in 1941. It is very creepy with more body horror than the first one. The characterization and psychological aspects I really love but the gore I have to turn away from. Sulu's in it.

The first one was about arctic explorers having A Suboptimal Time. It was a wonderful set up with outstanding acting but it went nowhere unfortunately -- I didn't even finish it.

These are anthologized miniseries. Stylized and "arty." Emphasis on menace rather than action. Handy would hate them.
        Didn't George's family get sent to a concentrationrelocation camp?

Fear (combined, in this case, with bigotry) makes people do awful things.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          Fear (combined, in this case, with bigotry) makes people do awful things.
          Irony level: plaid

Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Elementary ended it's run last night. Had a very nice ending to the show. And proved that one more season would have been warranted but they wrapped it all up in one episode instead. Great series IMO. Put it on par with Gotham, and Person of Interest as shows in the last few years that have been on Network TV and still been good.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Abduction of Madelien McCann:
              Interesting so far, just watched 2 eps. Pro-tip: DON'T LEAVE YOUR DOOR UNLOCKED, no matter where you are.

And just saw S2 of Mindhunter dropped. My next week or two is set for show-viewing.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I loved the series and I thought it did go somewhere but the finale was atrocious. Just a hot mess of "w t f?" and it ruined the experience. I will however give S2 a try because they got so much of it right the first time.

I also highly recommend The Rook if you didn't read the book. It's from Starz about a woman that is a pawn in a clandestine British secret service tasked with tracking, training and exploiting people known as EVAs (Extreme Variant Abilities). It generally has good approval ratings except from those that read the book.

[edit] S2 of Mindhunter? Yes please!

[edit] Sorry Rube but I won't be watching that one about Madeleine.
                Last edited by Slap Shot; 08-17-2019, 12:37 AM.

Comment

A Black Lady Sketch show is ****ing hilarious.

And I know I’m only getting like a quarter of the great jokes.
                  Last edited by dxmnkd316; 08-17-2019, 10:22 PM.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Wanda Sykes on John Oliver tonight, with Larry David. I’m laughing so hard although it’s a sad subject

http://whatslarrysproblem.com/

Comment

Anyone else watch The Righteous Gemstones premiere on HBO last night?

I would describe the opener as "ok." Obviously the premise is hilarious, but I suspect it'll take awhile for the series to settle in. If all the episodes end up like last nights, it'll be a waste of time. I just think there is too much talent involved for that to happen.
                      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Just finished E1 of The Weekly which is a series of behind the scene looks at the NYT and how they investigate, develop and break stories. E1 was about a charter school in LA masquerading as an academy that caters to getting black kids into high profile colleges such as Harvard, Stanford, etc. While it's true that kids have found their way into such schools the past few years, what they don't tell you is it's accomplished by way of teaching kids to do basically nothing but study for the ACT, falsifying transcripts and playing the desire for those institutions to be diverse. What this academy doesn't also advertise is the physical and mental abuse often heaped upon many of their students. And since the school is a charter they're not bound by the same laws public schools are in their state. E2 will be about the collapse of the taxi medallion industry in NYC.

Comment

Succession tonight was...intense.
                          Boar on the floor!!!

Comment

Good Eats is finally back. The premiere episodes were great.
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Maybe this has been covered here,...The Mandalorian actually looks pretty good: https://youtu.be/aOC8E8z_ifw
                              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                                Succession tonight was...intense.
                                Boar on the floor!!!
                                I like that every single character in the show is dogsh-t. Maybe not yet Roman's hooker but eventually you just know.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X