X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV: One Person's Trash...

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    What was HBOs conclusion? I'm not a subscriber.
    The director did not provide a conclusion. I think that was one of the good parts about the show, which is that they really didn't try to spend a lot of time providing an answer to the question posed by the title. They touched upon some of the creepiness factors associated with the other ex-boyfriend of the mother, but were also careful to point out evidence that tended to exonerate him.

The story is really more about some shoddy police work, prosecutorial misconduct, and racial prejudices in a small, rural community.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
      The payoff has started at the end of Ep4 for Typewriter. Hoping for a doozy, but have a sneaky feeling it's gonna be a letdown. One more ep left for the first season (if there's gonna be a second, I dunno).
      Letdown. Not horrible, but not good. Great setup, but overall? Meh.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Better Bowl's Twitter feed proves there is no such thing as bad publicity.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
          The previously mentioned Fyre Festival proves that rule wrong.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

What in the actual ****?
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              What in the actual ****?
              I didn't know either because I have retired from The Bachelor.

BTW, my daughter just roped her boyfriend into watching the next season of The Bachelor. Dr. Mrs. and I used to watch TB with her before we got married.

My girl is wicked smaht.
              Last edited by Kepler; 08-02-2019, 08:03 AM.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I had just read the People (shudder) article about it before I posted.

That show is ****ing weird and I really don’t think any of them would register a reading on an intelligence test.
                Code:
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

That show is ****ing weird and I really don’t think any of them would register a reading on an intelligence test.
                  The show seems now to be 100% about boosting your budding Twitter Influencer career.

This is as opposed to its pure beginnings, when it was a consensual slave auction with partial nudity.
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

It's amazing to me (maybe it shouldn't be anymore?) how many people have turned their stint in reality TV into a career. Obviously most never do (and some probably never cared to) and some have that did want it flamed out spectacularly, but some I must begrudgingly admit have profited handsomely.

Comment

Especially the one this season, makes the others look brilliant.

KDR

gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."

Comment

Especially the one this season, makes the others look brilliant.
                        I've been out of it for about 3 years now. Has it gotten demonstrably worse?
                        Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          The guy wrote an jingle for a dog food brand with 22 followers on Twitter and thinks that is his career achievement thus far. He thinks there's a future for him.

“At this point, my most major accomplishment is that I’ve signed a deal with a dog food company,” Jed told his potential father-in-law after Robert asked how his career was going and if he’d be able to financially support his daughter. “I’ve already written their jingle and that’s been like my first real breakthrough.”
                          The musician’s ex-girlfriend Haley Stevens revealed to PEOPLE in June that the two were still dating when Jed left to film The Bachelorette, telling her that he was only joining the show to boost his music career.
                          https://people.com/tv/bachelorette-c...st-real-break/
                          Last edited by dxmnkd316; 08-02-2019, 11:15 AM.
                          Code:

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            Yeah. Colton was a more or less decent human being, which of course made the show boring. Hannah's claim to fame was being Miss Alabama at some point, which should pretty much tell you everything you need to know. The last couple seasons they slog through and then try to have something crazy happen on the last episode, which they tease all season long. Ah well, at least there's BIP.

KDR

Comment

Ah well, at least there's BIP.
                              I assume BIP will eventually move to a forum (Netflix?) in which they can do full frontal and live stream the actual Honeymoon Suite sex. That's really all the show has left.
                              Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                                The story is really more about some shoddy police work, prosecutorial misconduct, and racial prejudices in a small, rural community.
                                Russell and I spent our undergraduate years in Potsdam. I followed this case because the accused was the Clarkson soccer coach at the time of the incident.

It seemed like a prosecutor looking for a promotion.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X