• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV: One Person's Trash...

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    City on a Hill?

Anyone? Must watch?
    I've been watching it. I don't know that I'd call it a "must watch" but I've liked it. It's been kind of a slow build thus far. I've never been a huge Kevin Bacon fan but he's pretty good in this series.

At the beginning it just felt like Affleck was remaking his movie The Town into a cable series. I think it's worth a chance.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

I plan to watch City on a Hill when the season ends. I have a feeling I will want to binge it
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
        I was waiting for you to get there lol
        It still boggles my mind that Steve is probably my second favorite character right now. His friendship with Dustin is just the best
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          It still boggles my mind that Steve is probably my second favorite character right now. His friendship with Dustin is just the best
          I'm only 2 episodes in on season 3, and I didn't realize the two became such good friends last year.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
            I'm only 2 episodes in on season 3, and I didn't realize the two became such good friends last year.
            Neither had I (I thought I forgot cause I hated half of season 2) but **** if it doesnt work
            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Historical Roasts (Netflix)

It's a Jeff Ross thing, so some of you will probably stop reading any further. Just watched the first ep (Abe Lincoln), to see how it went. A line here and there was good, but pretty much as expected, which is a sorta kinda maybe amusing time-killer. About 30 minutes per ep, it looks like.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

The Anne Frank one is pretty good. The show is alright but I wouldnt go out of my way to watch it just a time killer.
                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Well WB announced their HBO Max streaming platform which is a catch all for any and all Warner Brothers movies and TV. Netflix officially losing Friends in 2020 because of it.
                  -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    Well WB announced their HBO Max streaming platform which is a catch all for any and all Warner Brothers movies and TV. Netflix officially losing Friends in 2020 because of it.
                    "It’s still not fully clear how HBO, as a standalone service, will be differentiated from HBO Max."

That's the key for me. If the HBO Max $15 price includes HBO then it's a steal. If it doesn't include HBO then I would be sad to lose some of that content, but I wouldn't shell out for it.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                      "It’s still not fully clear how HBO, as a standalone service, will be differentiated from HBO Max."

That's the key for me. If the HBO Max $15 price includes HBO then it's a steal. If it doesn't include HBO then I would be sad to lose some of that content, but I wouldn't shell out for it.
                      The speculation is that is how they will market it... HBO alone will be $14.99. For $3-5 more you get HBO along with Friends and other TV, their whole movie catalog, possibly DC Comics stuff, etc... All the value is in that $3 upcharge....
                      Last edited by RaceBoarder; 07-09-2019, 06:24 PM.
                      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                        The speculation is that is how they will market it... HBO alone will be $14.99. For $3-5 more you get HBO along with Friends and other TV, their whole movie catalog, possibly DC Comics stuff, etc... All the value is in that $3 upcharge....
                        Yeah it is weird. I know you get all of the past HBO content (like GOT) but nothing I saw says anything about current HBO. I would assume the DC streaming service gets rolled in cause all the DC shows and movies will be there.

My guess is this will do well. WB has tons of properties to show. Unless they go stupid with the price I gotta think people will sign up. We saw how important Friends leaving Netflix was when the rumors hit 6 months ago.
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          Yeah it is weird. I know you get all of the past HBO content (like GOT) but nothing I saw says anything about current HBO. I would assume the DC streaming service gets rolled in cause all the DC shows and movies will be there.

My guess is this will do well. WB has tons of properties to show. Unless they go stupid with the price I gotta think people will sign up. We saw how important Friends leaving Netflix was when the rumors hit 6 months ago.
                          WB has Harry Potter right? It’s not Star Wars but it is something.
                          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                            WB has Harry Potter right? It’s not Star Wars but it is something.
                            The major franchises WB has under their banner would be Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Godzilla (current one), and DCEU. I'm sure there is a ton of older movies (>5-8 years ago) that will be included. That'll be individual movies instead of franchises, but there should be plenty to keep us occupied.

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                              The major franchises WB has under their banner would be Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Godzilla (current one), and DCEU. I'm sure there is a ton of older movies (>5-8 years ago) that will be included. That'll be individual movies instead of franchises, but there should be plenty to keep us occupied.
                              The problem is that going forward Warner doesn't have much else. If it wants to reboot things it can tap into the Rocky, Dirty Harry, Matrix, Police Academy, Mad Max, Sherlock Holmes, Lethal Weapon and Merrie Melodies/Looney Tunes franchises, but the only current franchises are the fading Lego, Potterverse and Godzilla franchises. The Conjuring universe is still going strongish for a horror franchise. Where is Warner/AT&T going with the Ocean's movies? Scooby Doo? The Stephen King adaptations of It and Doctor Sleep are Warner, but he also has series in development with Amazon and AMC, and has done work with Hulu, so WB can hardly count on him to provide exclusive content.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                                The problem is that going forward Warner doesn't have much else. If it wants to reboot things it can tap into the Rocky, Dirty Harry, Matrix, Police Academy, Mad Max, Sherlock Holmes, Lethal Weapon and Merrie Melodies/Looney Tunes franchises, but the only current franchises are the fading Lego, Potterverse and Godzilla franchises. The Conjuring universe is still going strongish for a horror franchise. Where is Warner/AT&T going with the Ocean's movies? Scooby Doo? The Stephen King adaptations of It and Doctor Sleep are Warner, but he also has series in development with Amazon and AMC, and has done work with Hulu, so WB can hardly count on him to provide exclusive content.
                                On the animation side of things, it goes well beyond just Looney Toons... They have all of the Hanna Barbara content as well (Flintstones, Jetsons, Scooby Doo, Yogi Bear, various Cartoon Network toons like Dexter's Lab and Space Ghost). That's quite a large selection of content, especially given how much value can be placed on nostalgia nowadays...

Edit to add: Hanna Barbara Wiki.. Not sure if all that translates to WB's ability to use for this venture, but it's a ton content.
                                Last edited by RaceBoarder; 07-09-2019, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X