• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    If both on the table....
    Mayo? Or miracle whip?
    Miracle Whip. It's not even close.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Re: TV: One Person's Trash...

Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        If both on the table....
        Mayo? Or miracle whip?
        I would sit at a different table lest I be infected by one of those abominations.

Comment

Saw the Ken Burns Mayo Clinic thing...

When it wasn't a blatant ad for the Clinic, it was quite good. Half of it (at least) was presented like an infomercial, though. That being said, the strides they have made over the years, that's amazing.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post

When it wasn't a blatant ad for the Clinic, it was quite good. Half of it (at least) was presented like an infomercial, though. That being said, the strides they have made over the years, that's amazing.
            I have a coworker who really buys into the idea that if a place has a popular reputation for being great, then it is. He likes to name-drop on the restaurants he's eaten at and goofy nonsense like that. He told me proudly one day that some guy I'd never heard of was from his home town in Kentucky. It turned out to be someone who was regionally famous in connection with UK sports (quite possibly someone that other college sports nuts would know, but the only college sport I follow at all id hockey). Like me, he has a weight problem, so he was telling me about his grand plan to have gastric bypass done at the Mayo Clinic. It was hilarious, because he really seemed to expect me to be in some kind of awe over it. The problem was that, aside from not giving a crap what hospital he goes to for his surgery, a bunch of my dad's relatives are from Rochester. He didn't really like me mentioning that. (He's kind of a Richard)

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post

It wasn't an ad. The documentary was 2 sided, the first was the history, the second was to show the current state of the institution. Showing the new technology and the procedures they do was meant to show how far they have come, when compared to 100 years ago. Some of the segments on the new procedures they're doing were the most fascinating parts. The segment on the proton beam therapy and the one with the violinist were both simply incredible.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                It wasn't an ad. The documentary was 2 sided, the first was the history, the second was to show the current state of the institution. Showing the new technology and the procedures they do was meant to show how far they have come, when compared to 100 years ago. Some of the segments on the new procedures they're doing were the most fascinating parts. The segment on the proton beam therapy and the one with the violinist were both simply incredible.
                It maybe wasn't an ad, but it was certainly a bit of a puff piece.

Anyone who knows Mayo or who has had anything to do with them from a business standpoint understands that they control the narrative in all respects. There would be no appearances by any Mayo employee without a chance to control it ahead of time. That's just the way they operate, because they can.
                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                  Anyone who knows Mayo or who has had anything to do with them from a business standpoint understands that they control the narrative in all respects. There would be no appearances by any Mayo employee without a chance to control it ahead of time. That's just the way they operate, because they can.
                  I have not seen it yet but this is absolutely true. Easiest (and sometimes only) way to get fired from a Mayo Clinic or Cleveland Clinic is to create bad press.
                  In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
                  I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Originally posted by WisconsinWildcard View Post
                    I have not seen it yet but this is absolutely true. Easiest (and sometimes only) way to get fired from a Mayo Clinic or Cleveland Clinic is to create bad press.
                    That's generally the quickest way to get fired from any at-will employment...

Comment

James rolls again. 82k.

Two week break now for the Teachers Tournament.
                      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Barry this week was something else. Wow.

“She was like a feral mongoose”
                        Last edited by Deutsche Gopher Fan; 05-03-2019, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          That's generally the quickest way to get fired from any at-will employment...
                          Haha fair enough. But I would counter that you can be anti-science and/or incompetent at those institutions but as long as you make a profit, they will keep you on staff. Until you **** up in the press. ****...that is probably true at any at-will employment

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/cle...isinformation/
                          In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
                          I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                            It maybe wasn't an ad, but it was certainly a bit of a puff piece.

I'm sure that is true. I also don't think someone with the reputation of Ken Burns would put his name on a documentary if he didn't think it was an accurate portrayal.

They also didn't avoid some of the bad things. They show one lady that they turned away due to insurance issues, and talk about how that is not true to their original values. They also discuss their racist past, when they did not allow minority doctors to practice there.
                            Last edited by bigblue_dl; 05-03-2019, 11:21 PM.
                            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                              Barry this week was something else. Wow.

“She was like a feral mongoose”
                              That was the first episode I watched. It was a very double-you tee eff experience for me, but I will go back to the beginning now.

Comment

Bill Maher sometimes loses me as he did a bit with some of his questions in the opening segment, but on the whole Real Time just killed it last night. Great show.

Comment

Working...
                                X