This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV: One Person's Trash...

No Daily Doubles for James tonight and he still ended with $29,000 through the first two rounds and $49,000 after FJ.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
      No Daily Doubles for James tonight and he still ended with $29,000 through the first two rounds and $49,000 after FJ.
      That was his nightmare scenario, and he didn't even flinch.

Jeopardy geeks have a statistic called the Coryat score (named for a former champion who wanted a more accurate means to gauge performance at home, it's basically your raw score with the results of any wagering on DDs/Final negated.)

James' Coryat score is averaging in the $29K range, in line with what we just saw. Ken averaged in the $28K range over his run.

Another interesting stat from Reddit: there are $18,000 worth of clues on the board in Single Jeopardy (not counting a wager on the DD.) Not only is James the first person in Jeopardy history to exceed $18,000 in SJ, he's done it four times.
      Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

That, and the stupid assed woman that caught the last DD in Double Jeopardy, and proceeds to wager $1,000. Look, lady. You've got $5,900, he's got over $27K. There's less than a dozen clues left, and most, if not all, of the big ones are gone. You might as well have wagered a nickel. She missed it, but that wasn't the point. You're not catching him at that stage unless most of your chips go into the pot. That's the only shot you've got. $1,000 isn't going to cut it. It's not 1997 anymore. Once she did that, you knew they were done for the night.
        FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
          That, and the stupid assed woman that caught the last DD in Double Jeopardy, and proceeds to wager $1,000. Look, lady. You've got $5,900, he's got over $27K. There's less than a dozen clues left, and most, if not all, of the big ones are gone. You might as well have wagered a nickel. She missed it, but that wasn't the point. You're not catching him at that stage unless most of your chips go into the pot. That's the only shot you've got. $1,000 isn't going to cut it. It's not 1997 anymore. Once she did that, you knew they were done for the night.
          She actually posted on Reddit she was playing for second because she knew she wouldn't catch James and she wanted the extra $1000 to pay for the flight home.
          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

I'd like to see a second chance tournament for James' victims. That would be pretty fun - probably some talented players that got steamrolled before they even had a chance.
            Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

She actually posted on Reddit she was playing for second because she knew she wouldn't catch James and she wanted the extra $1000 to pay for the flight home.
              Well, you sure as hell aren't going to catch James playing like that. If she bet $5K there, she might have had a shot. But that bet sealed her own fate.
              FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Well, you sure as hell aren't going to catch James playing like that. If she bet $5K there, she might have had a shot. But that bet sealed her own fate.
                Part of his winning is intimidation at this point. Her stance has shown that.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

"TYPICAL WOMAN" sneered all the Redditors.

Comment

Hell of a finale to Cobra Kai! Wow...
                    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                      Hell of a finale to Cobra Kai! Wow...
                      This time, he swept the leg.

On an unrelated note, I'm really looking forward to Catch 22 on Hulu. I love the book. I like the movie, but I think MASH (the movie) did the job better. The guy who plays Yossarian looks good to me, although let's be honest: he won't be AS good as Alan Arkin. Clooney will be great. Hugh Laurie can only be fabulous as de Coverley. But, you know, if Milo Minderbinder is disappointing, then the show will be disappointing. Really, it all hinges on Milo.

Hmm... I just realized Nately doesn't seem to be in the series. Presumably, that means Nately's whore also won't be in it. This saddens me somewhat.
                      Last edited by duper; 04-27-2019, 12:52 AM.

Comment

Right but she isnt playing to catch him, she is playing to finish in second. I mean why risk everything if you arent trying to win?
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Funny bit relating to karate kid: https://youtu.be/C_Gz_iTuRMM
                          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Lastest Jeopardy! match stats

https://thejeopardyfan.com/2019/04/f...4-26-2019.html
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

I recorded the PBS series "The Dictator's Playbook" and have been watching them. So far have seen Kim Il Sung, Saddam Hussein and Benito Mussolini. They are really interesting and well done (except when you watch them all in a row, you get sick of the same quotes from the same experts). However, I think I should not watch them all in a row, otherwise I am going to throw myself off the roof.

Looks like there is still Idi Amin, Manuel Noriega and Francisco Franco. I will keep you posted on who is the worst.

Comment

I've started watching Goliath on Amazon Prime. I find it pretty entertaining.
                                Originally posted by jen View Post
                                I recorded the PBS series "The Dictator's Playbook" and have been watching them. So far have seen Kim Il Sung, Saddam Hussein and Benito Mussolini. They are really interesting and well done (except when you watch them all in a row, you get sick of the same quotes from the same experts). However, I think I should not watch them all in a row, otherwise I am going to throw myself off the roof.

Looks like there is still Idi Amin, Manuel Noriega and Francisco Franco. I will keep you posted on who is the worst.
                                That actually sounds kind of amazing. But I could see it being a one episode per day (or possibly per week) kind of thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X