Clear All

• Re: TV: One Person's Trash...

Veep is back!

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
      Veep is back!
      ...and so is Barry and it's fantastic.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Finished up The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann over the weekend. Pretty informative, and went into more detail than I knew about the case, even though it was one that I have followed for a while now. Like most documentaries of this kind, it is extremely frustrating to watch at times, but still brings up many issues that people should be aware of. I recommend it if you're interested in this kind of thing.

Also recently finished the most recent season of Man in the High Castle. Really impressed with how this show has progressed. I found the first season extremely slow, and it picked up a bit at the end. Season 2 started to get good, and not nearly as slow. Season 3 was very good.

Going to be watching Billions as it comes out, it is one of my favorites. And want to watch season 1 of Big Little Lies, since my wife is excited for season 2 of it, and I don't want to be watching season 2 not knowing what the hell is going on. Will keep up with VEEP too, another of my favorites.

Looking forward to the return of Deadwood and of course, GoT.
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I hope you like BLL. It’s a little soapy but I thought the acting was superb.

I need to get Showtime and watch Billions. Does showtime come bundled with any other service?
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            I hope you like BLL. It’s a little soapy but I thought the acting was superb.

I need to get Showtime and watch Billions. Does showtime come bundled with any other service?
            I don't know about bundled, but you can get it for about $8/month as a Hulu add-on. I did that for a while until about a year ago - just wasn't watching the Showtime content that much.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

I might add that for a few months later this year. Too much going on now with summer around the corner.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Sundance is running an April Fools Day Spectacular Quintacular:

Airplane
                Airplane II
                Blazing Saddles
                Planes, Trains, and Automobiles
                Spaceballs

https://www.sundancetv.com/schedule
                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Watched John Oliver’s piece on WWE, very well done piece. What’s sad is that, despite being very powerful and truthful, there’s probably another hours worth of stuff he didn’t include.
                  U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                  Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                  But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                  Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                  Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                    Watched John Oliver’s piece on WWE, very well done piece. What’s sad is that, despite being very powerful and truthful, there’s probably another hours worth of stuff he didn’t include.
                    Yes, great editorial on WWE and Vince McMahon.

https://youtu.be/m8UQ4O7UiDs

Watching his interview where he’s asked about wrestler deaths and he attempts to intimidate the reporter is sickening. Makes me wish Jesse Ventura could meet him in a dark alley and bring Brett Hart along as well.
                    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Killing Eve

Been seeing this advertised. Tried getting it on Demand, was not available for free so I passed. Well, they had an encore of S1E1 last night and just watched it and glad I did. One of the better premiere's of any show I've seen. It's a BBC show but they're showing it on AMC. Marathon on AMC for the entire season 1 is next Sunday. Then the season 2 premiere is on Sunday right after the marathon is over.

A Discovery of Witches

Also, a British show from Sky One? Never heard of that network. Anyway, next Sunday after Killing Eve they are premiering S1E1 and I plan on checking it out. Seen it advertised for a while but it was always just streaming somewhere and now that I have an opportunity I am going to check it out.
                      Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 04-02-2019, 08:46 AM.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                        Oh there is way more than that. Pretty much everyone hates him but if they want to make any money have to work for him. The man is scum.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                          It was great. I suspect the Venn Diagram of his audience and WWE fandom is two circles touching at one point on a tangent line.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            It was great. I suspect the Venn Diagram of his audience and WWE fandom is two circles touching at one point on a tangent line.
                            I exist at that point then.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              I exist at that point then.
                              Apparently so does Oliver.

Gotta admit, the clips he showed were amazing. I wonder how he was able to get the rights. Is parody "fair use"?

I've had a soft spot for wrestling ever since reading Barthes. If you ever see "Mythologies," read the whole essay -- it's hysterical.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                Apparently so does Oliver.

Gotta admit, the clips he showed were amazing. I wonder how he was able to get the rights. Is parody "fair use"?
                                Oliver is my hero. I wish I were funny.

Comment

Working...
                                X