This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    God it feels like that was 20 years ago now.

I want my f-cking space season.

Other than S1 and S2 the Noir season was my favorite. Everything about it was great.
    A space season would be fantastic! Loved the noir one as well. The only season I was kind of meh on was 5, but even that one had its moments.

Loved Krueger going full on crazy building robot dogs etc
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Re: TV: One Person's Trash...

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      I kind of wish they would go back to the concept of the first seasons for another future season.
      That will never happen. Adam Reed got bored with spies after the first few seasons. The death / coma gives them the chance to literally do anything they want, so they're only limited by their imagination. It's like Late Stage Community: it's completely free-floating and genre free now. It's like the last chapter of an A. C. Clarke novel.

I had no idea Reed had done Frisko Dingo until recently. That was another show that slipped its leash and became much, much more than the original idea.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I just found Archer on Hulu. It's time for me to do some catchup watching!
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Remember that episode of Archer where Archer did something stupid and everyone else had to fix it, then Archer just drank a lot, and then...

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
            Remember that episode of Archer where Archer did something stupid and everyone else had to fix it, then Archer just drank a lot, and then...
            Here's the thing, it's not always about the start and end or generalities of how a story pans out, it can be in the execution of the jokes and attention to details. Archer executes the story's details really well.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              That will never happen. Adam Reed got bored with spies after the first few seasons. The death / coma gives them the chance to literally do anything they want, so they're only limited by their imagination. It's like Late Stage Community: it's completely free-floating and genre free now. It's like the last chapter of an A. C. Clarke novel.

I had no idea Reed had done Frisko Dingo until recently. That was another show that slipped its leash and became much, much more than the original idea.
              Yeah totally get that. It’s an interesting concept for a show.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                Here's the thing, it's not always about the start and end or generalities of how a story pans out, it can be in the execution of the jokes and attention to details. Archer executes the story's details really well.
                Sometimes...except it does the same ones ALL THE TIME. I got bored with it after like 3 seasons...watch it from time to time to fall asleep when insomnia kicks in.

(here is where someone posts with their nose in the air about how I dont "get it"...but the truth is I do and just found it yawnworthy)
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  Sometimes...except it does the same ones ALL THE TIME. I got bored with it after like 3 seasons...watch it from time to time to fall asleep when insomnia kicks in.

(here is where someone posts with their nose in the air about how I dont "get it"...but the truth is I do and just found it yawnworthy)
                  Maybe you just shouldn't watch things you don't like?
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    God it feels like that was 20 years ago now.

I want my f-cking space season.

Other than S1 and S2 the Noir season was my favorite. Everything about it was great.
                    Aha! I have 2 episodes left of danger island but just read about Archer 1999😀

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      Maybe you just shouldn't watch things you don't like?
                      That would be why I stopped (except when I need help sleeping )
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

https://youtu.be/PGDUtgHn5_s

Comment

Grace and Frankie is real good. It's on Netflix.
                          A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                            Grace and Frankie is real good. It's on Netflix.
                            Hard to be bad with that great of a cast.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                              Hard to be bad with that great of a cast.
                              You can add great writers too.
                              A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Dumped Sling yesterday. Finally got fed up with how glitchy and ****ty it was. It would take longer than any other streaming service to load programming, and then while watching, it would have that spinning "loading" circle in the middle of the screen while we tried to watch stuff. Then, when we did finally get to the point of watching shows, it would be about 15 seconds of the show, 5 seconds of black screen, 20 seconds of show, 5 seconds of black screen, 10 seconds of show, 5 seconds of black screen, and so on. It had gotten progressively worse the last month or so.

Trying out Hulu Live instead. Maybe we'll like that service better.
                                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X