X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV: One Person's Trash...

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    The Veep finale was good...not great...but very fitting.
    I liked it. Great series. Julia is a national treasure.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I watched the new Netflix series Dead to Me. Easy- 8 half hour episodes. Christina Applegate and James Marsden and the other female lead were all good. Solid show.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
        I watched the new Netflix series Dead to Me. Easy- 8 half hour episodes. Christina Applegate and James Marsden and the other female lead were all good. Solid show.
        I've been looking at that one. I may have to check it out. I'm about to have a lot of time on my hands.

Comment

Still Laugh In. Netflix celebration of the old show Laugh In. It was SNL before SNL existed. Loved that show (saw it on reruns). This melds clips from the old show with new stuff, keeping the same sort of style, along with a general tribute style. I really liked it. Some misses on jokes, sure, they were too obvious, but for the most part, I'd say it was a success.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
            Still Laugh In. Netflix celebration of the old show Laugh In. It was SNL before SNL existed. Loved that show (saw it on reruns). This melds clips from the old show with new stuff, keeping the same sort of style, along with a general tribute style. I really liked it. Some misses on jokes, sure, they were too obvious, but for the most part, I'd say it was a success.
            Classic show.
            The Knock Knock Wall
            Flying Fickle Finger of Fate Award
            Arte Johnson & Ruth Buzzi
            Goldie Hawn & Judy Carne in bikinis
            Laugh In Looks at the News
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              Classic show.
              The Knock Knock Wall
              Flying Fickle Finger of Fate Award
              Arte Johnson & Ruth Buzzi
              Goldie Hawn & Judy Carne in bikinis
              Laugh In Looks at the News
              Sock it to me!
              You bet your bippy!

So corny, yet razor-like at times, and just classic corn at others.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

The Hot Zone. Based on a true story; worth a look see. Always liked Julianna Margulies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YxNYnHTxAg
                A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

The Veep finale was good...not great...but very fitting.
                  I'll go along with that. Her Final Betrayal as her last signature move was outstanding and brave of the show to do. That was the thing about her. She was always the distillation of sh-t, right from the start. A mediocre, rich, sheltered, narcissistic monster driven by her entitlement to be President. That was all she ever was.

I also love that Dan, the only person who is actually happy, is the one who got free of politics. That was great.

The writers should be proud of their work. It was one of the most true shows ever, and certainly the most true about Members, staffers, and especially voters ("Kill her!" "Yeah!").
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Rick & Morty Season 4 will be in November!

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      I'll go along with that. Her Final Betrayal as her last signature move was outstanding and brave of the show to do. That was the thing about her. She was always the distillation of sh-t, right from the start. A mediocre, rich, sheltered, narcissistic monster driven by her entitlement to be President. That was all she ever was.

I also love that Dan, the only person who is actually happy, is the one who got free of politics. That was great.

The writers should be proud of their work. It was one of the most true shows ever, and certainly the most true about Members, staffers, and especially voters ("Kill her!" "Yeah!").
                      I’ve always thought it was interesting they never say what party, but I think we are supposed to infer based on the stance she had for same sex marriage and abortion.

Comment

I didn't watch most episodes the past few seasons but I thought Big Bang Theory had a wonderful last 2-episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                          I didn't watch most episodes the past few seasons but I thought Big Bang Theory had a wonderful last 2-episodes.
                          Agreed. The show went on too long but the ending was quite good.

And yes snobs...we get it you all are too good to watch network TV.
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Agreed. The show went on too long but the ending was quite good.

And yes snobs...we get it you all are too good to watch network TV.
                            Big Bang I heard was good, but if I want that, I'll just talk to my Mich Tech friends.

Comment

Chernobyl is good.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                                Chernobyl is good.
                                Don't tell me how it ends.

But seriously, I was wondering if they would do a good job with that series.

Comment

Working...
                                X