This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV: One Person's Trash...

Has anyone here watched the new Twilight Zone episodes?
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Cobra Kai season 2, looks good: https://youtu.be/VaXoQJx3jYs

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
        Cobra Kai season 2, looks good: https://youtu.be/VaXoQJx3jYs
        All right!

Comment

Man and I thought Season 1 was good...that looks INSANE!
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Hanna is excellent. The actress who played Sophie in 1.2 should get an Emmy just based on it.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              Man and I thought Season 1 was good...that looks INSANE!
              Yes, it looks wild.

I wonder...if rather than having an unending cobra kai vs myagi if Kreese can be enough of a ***** to unite Johnny and Daniel?

It would be great if Kreese ends up beating the **** out of Daniel and Johnny saves him.

From season 1 I really liked johnny’s Character and Daniel came off as a pretentious *******, looks like that continues...

Comment

Oaters. Get cher oaters here.

http://westernsontheweb.com/free-wes...evision-shows/
                A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

My wife has been watching a bunch of this Crazy Ex GF show and to anyone on here who said it was good I want to punch you in the face so so many times.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                  iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                  gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                  Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                  Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                  TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                  DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                    My wife has been watching a bunch of this Crazy Ex GF show and to anyone on here who said it was good I want to punch you in the face so so many times.
                    That would be Kepler, handyman and myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                      That would be Kepler, handyman and myself.
                      And me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                        And me.
                        Oh! Didn’t mean to forget you

Comment

Live PD drinking game! Drink every time you see handcuffs, drugs, flashing lights or a dog bark!
                          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                            Live PD drinking game! Drink every time you see handcuffs, drugs, flashing lights or a dog bark!
                            From what I hear, you're at a .13 within 5 minutes!
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                                Don't worry, "Ow My Balls" is on every other channel.

To be fair, CEG S3 sucks and S4 makes no sense unless you are a veteran. Watch S1 or S2 to get up to speed. The way to tell if an episode sucks: if it concentrates on Paula it sucks. Not that Champlin sucks -- she's great (and a far better singer/performer than Bloom) -- she just had a lame, cliche, charmless character to drag across the screen for four tedious years.

It's the only show I've ever seen, other than, I hope, Mrs. Maisel, which is written as a direct, virulent, no quarters given, not kidding around here middle finger to its own audience. People got just far enough to understand Rebecca is a terrible person you'd never want to know. They never got that the message is the people who identify with Rebecca and want her to find happiness and fulfillment are likewise horrific, self-absorbed, winkingly ironic perma-children, staring forever into their mirrors and wondering vaguely why they are never happy. They are that rara avis: people who are smart and yet not worth the time of day.

It's the most brutal, unforgiving satire I've seen on dummy TV. I may be so impressed because it's aimed at me and everybody I grew up / went to college with. But that would just be proving its point, right?
                                Last edited by Kepler; 04-07-2019, 10:07 AM.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X