Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Women's Hockey Belt Is Back

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    The way they were playing at the end of the year, I could have visualized them hoisting the Trophy...
    Not sure what would have happened as there were several teams in the NCAA Tournament that could have won it all, but my Buckeye Women were playing their best hockey of the year at the right time. It was sad that they and the other teams didn't get a chance to settle it on the ice. I feel for the seniors who were lacing them up for the last time and had their college careers end that way.

Comment

Ohio State held the belt after the last games of the covid shortened 2019-20 season.
      Opened 20-21 season by losing belt to Minnesota before winning it back in game 2.
      Defeated Wisconsin in game 3 before Wisconsin claims the belt in game 4, November 28.
      Wisconsin holds the belt for 3 games before losing it back to Ohio State on January 9, 2021.
      January 15, UMD wins in Duluth to claim the prize but OSU reclaims on the 16th.
      Ohio State loses at Minnesota on Jan 29 but wins it back on Jan 30 and holds the belt until losing the WCHA finals on March 7 to Wisconsin.
      Wisconsin holds the belt until Friday when the Belt follows the Axe back to Minnesota. Gophers retain the prize with a tie on Saturday afternoon.
      Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Comment

Originally posted by ManBehindTheCurtain View Post
        Ohio State held the belt after the last games of the covid shortened 2019-20 season.
        Wisconsin holds the belt until Friday when the Belt follows the Axe back to Minnesota. Gophers retain the prize with a tie on Saturday afternoon.
        Oh sure, as if Team Duluth needs extra incentive for this coming weekend. {wink}
        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Working...
        X