Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine 2018, 2019 Footba, I mean hockey thread.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maine 2018, 2019 Footba, I mean hockey thread.

Continue, tough way to end the season but heck of a season it was. Going to leave a bad taste in the mouth
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Re: Maine 2018, 2019 Footba, I mean hockey thread.

It was a pretty brutal way to end the year, but it was a stellar year altogether. They are trending upwards for sure.

Comment

Great year. Proud of those guys. Gave us something to be pisitive about for once!

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
      43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
      104-47-14 (.669) in that time
      3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

The Warden insisted on going to the 1 o'clock opera (which turned-out to be a wise choice), but we watched the game carefully just now.

My takes:

1. Ferguson wasn't right -I figure his shoulder is still lame- and he gave away the game right off the bat.

2. The entire team had "bus-legs", especially the D-line. You just can't play man without a potent pass-rush. I've seen Maine football 8 times this year, and they have never looked so gassed as they did today. Almost nothing in terms of pressures, and no sacks...

I could rattle on, but I'm going to clam-up. It was a great season. 7-1 vs. ranked teams, with only 4 home games. Maine is returning most of their "skill" guys, and I like their prospects next year. Hoping for a great RS, and maybe seeing how the Big Sky fares if they have to fly 3000 to Orono in 2019.

PS: Not that EWU didn't play a great game today. They did. #3 looked like Kaepernick did at Nevada (unstoppable). Should be an interesting NC game.
        Last edited by Fishman'81; 12-15-2018, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Great season. Congratulations. Hope you keep it going next year!

Comment

I didn't realize #3 was the back up QB and got his chance when the starter tore his achilles. Be cool if they beat NDSU but that will be a tough task.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
              I didn't realize #3 was the back up QB and got his chance when the starter tore his achilles. Be cool if they beat NDSU but that will be a tough task.
              EWU #3 is a game changer and a hard player to contain all game long....EWU will need him and there defense better be up to the task as NDSU's QB #12 is a runner and passer also...both teams will put points on the board that afternoon [Jan.5th Noon ESPN2]. And for Maine it is a tough ending but they also did so many good things during the season, kept all our interest up in winning games, close games/field goal ending games...tough defense and a up and coming young Coach that will be looked at by other University's. This even getting beat at Washington will be a recruiting tool as they did play in the Post Season, play for a chance at Hardware....and they had a winning record. This will put them on the map, while the hockey program has been a disappointment to date...and the recruiting trail is far less positive at this time and in the future. It's pretty evident that the Coach in charge makes a whole lot of difference and in a small sample Coach "H" has produced in a 3 year span while RG has wallowed in his 6 year tenure. Facts are Facts.

Comment

I love the way coach Hs teams fight and I believe in them. Its great having the qb back and a bunch of skilled guys.

Having said that Im not banking on anything next year. You lose Edwards, right, who had a bunch of momentum turning kick returns over the year. They played a lot of close games....theyre 2 shanked kicks away from having 2 more losses and being out of the playoffs. Can’t bank on all that turning in your favor again.

Maines only ever made the playoffs back to back yesrs once. Coach H does that and we’ll know he’s REALLY the real deal. I mean I think he is anyway, point is its kinda hard to do It

3x FROZEN FOUR

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                  I love the way coach Hs teams fight and I believe in them. Its great having the qb back and a bunch of skilled guys.

Having said that Im not banking on anything next year. You lose Edwards, right, who had a bunch of momentum turning kick returns over the year. They played a lot of close games....theyre 2 shanked kicks away from having 2 more losses and being out of the playoffs. Can’t bank on all that turning in your favor again.

Maines only ever made the playoffs back to back yesrs once. Coach H does that and we’ll know he’s REALLY the real deal. I mean I think he is anyway, point is its kinda hard to do It
                  I agree with all of this. This years success doesn't translate into going deep into the playoffs next year. Just too many variables and very difficult to do. If they do, Coach H will certainly enhance his credentials as a coach. Maine's "black hole" defense" was a big disappointment. Maine gave up 216 net rushing yards and the secondary allowed 7 passing td's. I didn't anticipate those numbers. Except for the two early turnovers I thought Ferguson played fairly well. He was under tremendous pressure most of the game and made a couple of bad decisions. his overall stats for the game weren't that bad.

Comment

keeping on football, maybe belicheck will spend more than 50 cents on the D next year

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                      keeping on football, maybe belicheck will spend more than 50 cents on the D next year

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                      BB has a buncha slow unathletic guys in the front 7 who cant cover so they can stop the run......but theyre getting shredded on the run latelt so whats the point?!? So frustrating

3x FROZEN FOUR

Comment

Edwards is a Junior, thankfully.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                          Edwards is a Junior, thankfully.
                          Well thats incredible, feels like hes been taking kicks back for at least 4 years

3x FROZEN FOUR

Comment

BB has a buncha slow unathletic guys in the front 7 who cant cover so they can stop the run......but theyre getting shredded on the run latelt so whats the point?!? So frustrating
                            Aw, c'mon. That's not fair! If YOU had to carry a piano on your back like Hightower, you wouldn't be fast either.

Comment

Just checked the depth chart for giggles..... Maines only losing 2 starters on offense and 3 on D with the entire line plus Patterson back?

I ammend my previous statement its playoffs or bust

3x FROZEN FOUR

Comment

Working...
                              X