X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bohemian Rap City: Movies Thread

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
    Unbreakable:

You kidding me? Waste of time. It wasn't poorly put together, it was more of "Really? Going this direction? C'MON!"
    Opinions vary. I really enjoyed it.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      I loved it until about 3/4 through....then it turned to a bad direction. I have watched Split, fully enjoyed that one.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I did too.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Bumblebee..... alright
          Hunter killer (or something like that).... fine
          Bohemian Rhapsody....... very good
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

"I just couldn't relate to Captain Marvel."

'Really? Did you have that problem with the billionaire industrialist who wears a magical suit of armor that gives him the power of flight and makes him practically invulnerable?'

Comment

I watched The Hornet's Nest on Prime last night. It was pretty intense.

For those who haven't heard of it, the movie is a documentary that basically tells the story of a company of U.S. troops in Afghanistan about seven years ago as they undertook a dangerous mission in search of a taliban leader. A father and son journalist team were embedded with the soldiers and basically shot the film as they went. It shows just how chaotic and crazy actual firefights are.
              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Who cares what a bunch of incels say...none of us are saying it so it seems odd you keep bringing it up tica.

The movie is making a lot of money 5 nerds at their mom's house making youtube videos dont matter.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  Who cares what a bunch of incels say...none of us are saying it so it seems odd you keep bringing it up tica.

The movie is making a lot of money 5 nerds at their mom's house making youtube videos dont matter.
                  Because the GOP is basically a party of incels, now.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Hey, go easy on the incels. Last weekend was hard enough getting swept by Yale and having their season end.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Because the GOP is basically a party of incels, now.
                      But this is a movie not a political discussion.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Saving Mr Banks:

About Walt Disney securing the movie rights to Mary Poppins.
                        Hanks and Thompson are excellent in their roles (Thompson can play a b* like very few others). Obviously some facts are bent a little, but nothing outrageous at all (it was mentioned on imdb that they didn't want a fluff self-promo, but they also didn't want to throw too much shade on anything). I knew nothing about the author herself, obviously before my time, so it was very interesting to see that background.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

I really enjoyed that movie and Hanks was awesome in it as was Colin Ferrell.
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            I really enjoyed that movie and Hanks was awesome in it as was Colin Ferrell.
                            Colin was actually really underrated, almost a throwaway role on the surface, but it was a crucial role, once you really look at it.

Comment

The Girl In The Spider's Web:

Didn't expect much, but was pleased overall. Didn't quite have the magic that the original trilogy (and the American intro) had, but it did have the style down pat. I do hope they end it here, even though there are apparently notes for another 6 books/movies. One thing I did notice, is that starting with the Swedish trilogy, to the first American release, to this one, Lisbeth gets more asexual, in looks AND behavior in the movies. I think this last one is more in line with what the books wanted her to look like. If you're a fan of the series, it's most definitely worth a look.

Comment

Triple Frontier:

5 ex-special forces guys re-unite to rob a narcos in South America. Needless to say, things don't go as planned.

It was ok for an action movie. Typical flaws pop up, whether it be tactical or personal. IMO, pretty much take it or leave it movie. The good equals the bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X