Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence Friars '18-19 Season Thread - Big Things In Store

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
    Plenty of yelling about JoB in my section. 0 Points, 0 Shots, 0 in +/-, and 0-4 in face-offs. Thanks for playing.
    Looks like the national media is starting to catch on to the trend

https://twitter.com/chrismpeters/sta...58665667612672
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
      Plenty of yelling about JoB in my section. 0 Points, 0 Shots, 0 in +/-, and 0-4 in face-offs. Thanks for playing.
      Sure you were. KW.
      Living somewhere between North and South.

Comment

The End Game begins. We should beat UCONN and we should beat BU, but weirder things have happened and we have two weekday games for some reason.
        The one thing Zlax is correct about is our crappy power play which is making things much harder.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
        -Blackadder
        "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
        -Casablanca
        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by 3100IRL View Post
          Dude let it go. Guy is a waste of oxygen who likes to complain. Thread would go a lot smoother if everyone just put him on ignore. Probably an angry teenager.
          Well we can vouch that he is definitely not that...been doing this kind of stuff for years....and he's a UNH grad to boot...

There is not doubt Jay has work to do in the off season but the kid has gone through 2 injury incidents that caused him to miss a number of games early which did not help in his development...and he's coming from the prep ranks big step up to D1 hockey...think the talent is there and will see that more as he puts on some strength and gets more experience...

Meanwhile, might be time to go back to the block of our least favorite poster..

Comment

• Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
            Well we can vouch that he is definitely not that...been doing this kind of stuff for years....and he's a UNH grad to boot...

There is not doubt Jay has work to do in the off season but the kid has gone through 2 injury incidents that caused him to miss a number of games early which did not help in his development...and he's coming from the prep ranks big step up to D1 hockey...think the talent is there and will see that more as he puts on some strength and gets more experience...

Meanwhile, might be time to go back to the block of our least favorite poster..
            That is it I am saying but take my words out of context. If the kid isn’t ready for the college game, maybe Nate shouldn’t be playing him this year. Is there a better option in section 123? I think the second unit PP suffers with him holding the puck far too long (which is pretty much his entire game) and as I said, he had zero shots on goal. In college they don’t post time on ice, but PC had 9:50 or so power play time last night so JoB was out there for 4:25 or so of it while not getting a shot on goal.

Comment

A UNH grad who roots for PC over UNH? Interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                So you'd be happier if he was -1?

Comment

Xlax the problem is simple you are all over a kid who most believe is giving all he has every time he steps on the ice when the person you should be after is the one who puts him in the position that you think he fails in.....you seem to think that he is all of a sudden a veteran when he is really a high school grad trying to do the right thing and refuse to give him credit for what he has accomplished so far and for what could lie ahead......if he was a relative of yours would you still treat him this way ???

Comment

• Originally posted by satyking View Post
                    Xlax the problem is simple you are all over a kid who most believe is giving all he has every time he steps on the ice when the person you should be after is the one who puts him in the position that you think he fails in.....you seem to think that he is all of a sudden a veteran when he is really a high school grad trying to do the right thing and refuse to give him credit for what he has accomplished so far and for what could lie ahead......if he was a relative of yours would you still treat him this way ???
                    I say the same thing about Koopman. He is Hennesssy (part 2). A little ball of energy who can’t score as seen on that situation last night and against BU on the short handed breakaway late in the game. The difference between JoB and Koopman? One is expected to be an elite player who is expected to play pro hockey while the other will be lucky to play in Europe or the echl

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
                      Best win of the season, easily.
                      Key to the win was Hawkey, he is playing very well right now. Will be difficult to keep on winning for the friars if power play continues mia.

Comment

They looked very comfortable out there and hardly overmatched, either before or after Ferraro got thrown out. Ignore the shots differential early on because how many times has PC doubled up shots on their opponent? Just the way Hawkey plays, being in the right place to make a save, not getting silly going too far out of net (a knock I used to have on Gillies), the kids next year are going to have some big skates to fill.

Comment

First of the last 3 is tonight as Friars head to Hartford to play UCONN, a team already eliminated from post season play. Let's hope no let down after the big win on Saturday. Come out strong and score early would be a good thing for this one.

Comment

• Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
                            First of the last 3 is tonight as Friars head to Hartford to play UCONN, a team already eliminated from post season play. Let's hope no let down after the big win on Saturday. Come out strong and score early would be a good thing for this one.
                            Critical game for standings both hockey east and pairwis.
                            Unusual, two midweek games, and they are huge.

Comment

Originally posted by palmettofriar View Post
                              Critical game for standings both hockey east and pairwis.
                              Unusual, two midweek games, and they are huge.
                              In the initial schedule that came out beginning of the year this game was to be played on Saturday, not sure why it got moved unless the AHL team in Hartford ended up getting scheduled for Saturday. Interestingly, on the UCONN site it still shows up for Saturday for the online stream so don't know if UCONN will be streaming tonight or not. Game is on same time as the bball game against Butler.

Comment

Originally posted by 3100IRL View Post
                                They looked very comfortable out there and hardly overmatched, either before or after Ferraro got thrown out. Ignore the shots differential early on because how many times has PC doubled up shots on their opponent? Just the way Hawkey plays, being in the right place to make a save, not getting silly going too far out of net (a knock I used to have on Gillies), the kids next year are going to have some big skates to fill.
                                There are two times I can think of that Hawkey got caught out of net with opponents around that ended up being goals leading to wins by the opposition this year..UMASS at home and Vermont at home....generally he stays in net area. Agree, next year goaltending is going to be interesting that is for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X