Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence Friars '18-19 Season Thread - Big Things In Store

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
    That first shortie was one of the worst goals you will ever see at the D-1 level...Primeau wasn't strong in that first period with those short handed goals.
    Both beat him low to the stick side....he came up big for them in the second especially when Friars were on the PP...

Vimal has broken hand, not sure how it happened last night in second period coming around the NU net, going to be out for at least a month....would expect Lemos back in lineup tonite

Comment

• Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
      Both beat him low to the stick side....he came up big for them in the second especially when Friars were on the PP...

Vimal has broken hand, not sure how it happened last night in second period coming around the NU net, going to be out for at least a month....would expect Lemos back in lineup tonite
      Bummer, Vimal's intensity and energy will be missed, trust Lemmos and McDermett will step up.

Comment

• Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
        from what i saw.. he tried to slow down/ block a slapshot & the puck hit him at spot on the hand. Tough kid & that is unfortunate break for him (pun intended), wishing him well. Well, PC looked good through 2 yesterday,hoping my team (G especially), is better focused for tonight & continue play from the 3rd period from last night. Wishing a split, would not be surprised by Friar sweep, you guys have had better of us last 6-8 gms we've met. Here's to a good one!
        GO NU HOCKEY
        Always bullish on the future.
        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

PK pleased with the PK in last night's game. PK not pleased about Vimal's injury. Who is going to step up and take those dumb penalties now?
          Living somewhere between North and South.

Comment

Four. Point. Weekend.
            Now, if we can just stop running into and pushing other players into Hawkey...

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
            -Blackadder
            "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
            -Casablanca
            "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
              Four. Point. Weekend.
              Now, if we can just stop running into and pushing other players into Hawkey...
              Awesome weekend for Hawkeye!

Comment

Impressive bounce-back weekend. Two good wins against a good team. Just what we needed, and should continue the streak next weekend.
                Living somewhere between North and South.

Comment

Nice sweep, and big for pair wise. At 10:15 (late games still being played) PC jumped from 14 to 11. NU dropped from 8 to 12.

Comment

nice job & well deserved.
                    GO NU HOCKEY
                    Always bullish on the future.
                    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

They now must continue to play like they know each other and stay out of the box

Comment

Originally posted by satyking View Post
                        They now must continue to play like they know each other and stay out of the box
                        Agreed.
                        I always figure UVM will sneak off with a point or two. Lekkas is very good.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                        -Blackadder
                        -Casablanca
                        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

One of the more frustrating parts of the last game at Conte was having the BC commentators actively wondering how PC ever loses a game - and having the Friars illustrate how they lose games.

When we're on, we're great. When we're not on, we can lose to anyone. Which is why despite how many people assure me that we're going to sweep UVM, I will believe it when I see it.

-Blackadder
                          -Casablanca
                          -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

That's the same attitude I have about the games considered "easy" wins. Anybody can lose to another team well below them. Nothing in college hockey really surprises me all that much, especially with some of the results throughout the entire D1.

Comment

Anyone want to offer their reasonable fantasy about good things that can still happen as we head for the homestretch. Mine is beating BC to knock them out of the tournament.

Comment

Here come the Catamounts for a 2 game faceoff against the Friars. Have to have a 4 point weekend cannot afford loss to lower team at home. Nate on show said Vermont has a bunch of older guys and a very good goalie, they play a heavy game. (Why are they not better?) Not sure but I think they are playing better since second half of season started.

No bball home games so hopefully good showing by students at both games. Big chance to pick up some points over those ahead this weekend, hope they can get it done. Need Hayden to continue his good play from last weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X